Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Suggestions for improving the replay system
 Post Posted: Tue May 15, 2018 3:18 pm 

Greetings. I use the replays very often and I have some ideas for adding new options, which should make the replays better.
1) The ability to open the game's settings menu during the replay. It's very annoying, when you need to lower the volume of specific type of sound, but you need to get back to the main menu for that.
2) Add 2 damage counters: one for damage done to buildings and another for damage done to enemy awesomenauts
3) Add the option to view the game from the team perspective. For instance, if I choose to watch the team as blue, I shouldn't be able to see red Leon in stealth/hide zone.
4) Make camera movement more fluid, so that the character would be at the center of the screen during jumping, like Ayla using Rage.

Post subject: Re: Suggestions for improving the replay system
 Post Posted: Tue May 15, 2018 5:12 pm 

i have some
-fix certain projectiles in replays
-make it so you can see the game 100% from someones perspective (no enemy team on minimap, hide areas not revealed, killing spree music.)

Post Posted: Tue May 15, 2018 5:15 pm 

I think the projectiles show the way they do on purpose. If the game saved the rotation of the projectiles as well, the replay files would just become much bigger.

Agree about being able to see from the perspective of the chosen team, it also feels weird when you dont know who is taunting/asking for help/etc. who, when both of the teams have same characters.

Can you make that under 255 characters so I can make it my signature?

Post Posted: Tue May 15, 2018 10:04 pm 

IsoKoala wrote:
I think the projectiles show the way they do on purpose. If the game saved the rotation of the projectiles as well, the replay files would just become much bigger.

... except they have shown properly in the past, and still show properly unless fired at specific angles...

Check out my streams: twitch.tv/the_eddster27
Make sure you follow the MS Paint off!

Post Posted: Tue May 15, 2018 11:09 pm 

7. add a hotkey you can press mid-game to add a bookmark into the replay file so you can quickly review stuff post-game.

8. immediately transition into instant replay mode when the match is over (instead of going to the post game screen) so that we can review games while they're fresh on our mind

9. have an option at the end of a game to delete or save the replay so that hard drives dont' fill up with tons and tons of garbage replays.

10. save final scoreboard state in a file somewhere so that the replay browser can indicate at a glance whether you've won/lost, and your own k/d/a