Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: TCRF page
 Post Posted: Tue May 22, 2018 8:00 am 

I would like to make a page about this game on The Cutting Room Floor, a website dedicated to researching unused and cut content in videogames.

Although I've been following the game since the beginning, I think it's too much for me to cover all the bugfixes, character changes/additions and feature additions. So for the purpose of creating a TCRF page, I'm mostly interested in art differences, such as:

- Early Penny/Raelynn/Ted splash arts vs. new splash arts
- Early Sorona vs new Sorona (rework)
- Early Starstorm vs new Starstorm (extra teleporters)

Is there more? Where can I find early and final images? I'm finding some stuff on the wiki but is there another place I could look?

Anything else that you think might be good to have on a TCRF page?

Post subject: Re: TCRF page
 Post Posted: Tue May 22, 2018 9:03 am 
Ronimo Team Member

Cool idea! The Art Book that we published as part of the Starstorm Kickstarter has a lot of ideas and character designs that didn't end up in the game, so that might be a great place to start on this :)

Post Posted: Tue May 22, 2018 9:42 am 

Robin wrote:
Cool idea! The Art Book that we published as part of the Starstorm Kickstarter has a lot of ideas and character designs that didn't end up in the game, so that might be a great place to start on this :)

Oh, I had donated to the kickstarter and was eligible for the art book, but I don't think I ever received it (I didn't care too much so I never really brought it up). Some years ago I was told to contact a certain dev about it, but I didn't do it then. I don't even know if the art book comes in a physical or digital form.

The art book being a kickstarter reward, I don't know if it is legitimate to post scans (or downloads to scans) here. Is it?

This Awesomenauts history video also comes to mind, where it shows the game in very early states. Perfect to put on the tcrf page!

Post Posted: Tue May 22, 2018 11:05 am 

Joost's dev blog has a couple of nice articles about the subject, for instance this one
http://joostdevblog.blogspot.fr/2012/05 ... t.html?m=1

Post Posted: Wed May 23, 2018 7:20 pm 

Oooh I would definitely love a TCRF page for Awesomenauts, I think there's a lot of things we could add like the differents drop pod parts that were planned, unused medals (the unicorn one), test nauts (bas the cheese farmer, the dummy one), the old tutorial text and a lot of other things.

If you create one you can count on me to add new things

Replay finder

More tools here!

:tongue: :party:

Post Posted: Fri May 25, 2018 2:12 am 

this is probably the worst thing i could contribute considering how ugly it is, but have some footage of reGrowers (scrapped map object that moves from damage)

https://gfycat.com/DevotedTintedGuineapig

i dont seem to have any AN versions prior to 2.9.3 so i can't really dig much out

all the textures to recreate old sorona and starstorm are more or less there but you more or less have to figure out their naming scheme and re-assemble 500++ images of differing dimensions

(ps fro frog with sword thingy, when?)

edit: one more random bit: in the mod editor you can make turrets shoot yuri mines like he did in beta for that short time.

Post Posted: Fri May 25, 2018 5:31 pm 

Guessing the old Titanium Ted skin stuff would be appropriate since it was apparently changed at some point. If you can find it anyway.

my brain at 1:23am is a horse riding aa human as large as a t-rex with machine guns.

Post Posted: Fri May 25, 2018 5:53 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
Yeah, this is the old version of the Titanium Ted skin. It was changed because it resembled Jim Raynor too much and could have been a copyright risk—not a viable strategy for long-term existence in the eyes of Blizzard:

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Fri May 25, 2018 11:51 pm 

@stev don't forget the other unused level objects:
https://gfycat.com/DecisiveMellowHumpbackwhale

Replay finder

More tools here!

:tongue: :party:

Post Posted: Sat May 26, 2018 8:41 pm 

The Lord Protector wrote:
Yeah, this is the old version of the Titanium Ted skin. It was changed because it resembled Jim Raynor too much and could have been a copyright risk—not a viable strategy for long-term existence in the eyes of Blizzard:

And now he looks like a Space Marine.

Can you make that under 255 characters so I can make it my signature?