Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Favorite Awesomenaut
 Post Posted: Thu May 24, 2018 3:36 am 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
I've always had great success as Rocco Hood, rather than Brawler Rocco. Pinning people for 500 damage across the map consistently at level 7 tilts enemies to the point where winning is as easy as not having vomit-tier teammates. Admittedly, it only works in L1, but E.S.C. Rocco's taunts make their salty-salt salt tears all the better.

I've always been freakishly good at tracking long-ranged movement but cringe-inducingly terrible against close-ranged enemies, so I can't play Brawler Rocco to save my... uh, plumage. Give Rocco Hood a whirl and see how well it goes.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Thu May 24, 2018 3:47 am 

The Lord Protector wrote:
I've always had great success as Rocco Hood, rather than Brawler Rocco. Pinning people for 500 damage across the map consistently at level 7 tilts enemies to the point where winning is as easy as not having vomit-tier teammates. Admittedly, it only works in L1, but E.S.C. Rocco's taunts make their salty-salt salt tears all the better.

I've always been freakishly good at tracking long-ranged movement but cringe-inducingly terrible against close-ranged enemies, so I can't play Brawler Rocco to save my... uh, plumage. Give Rocco Hood a whirl and see how well it goes.

I mean I still do long range shots, I basically use that * off cd and I'm relatively accurate. It's just better for me when you tapshot towers and splash their entire team for 330 free damage. I always like to run into peoples faces and get kills, which is why I'm not good at nauts like skree cause you die if you try that. Backpedalling away from their entire team with mirakuru and infinite vengeance is just so fun

I might try it when I know I can win a game, or against people I know cause I like meming on them.

EDIT: I did it and it was *. Would not recommend.

Post Posted: Thu May 24, 2018 4:00 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
In that case, try the build with Magnetic Police Light.

Before you all gasp in shock at how I could possibly suggest using that upgrade, give it a (quite literal) shot. People are so used to dodging standard Precision Shots that their dodging abilities disintegrate to dust the moment you increase the projectile's speed by any amount.

Nekomian wrote:

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Thu May 24, 2018 6:16 pm 

As a gamepad player, Rocco has always been like the worst naut ever.

Can you make that under 255 characters so I can make it my signature?

Post Posted: Thu May 24, 2018 6:30 pm 

That's because gamepads handle precision the same way a piano down a flight of stairs handles grace and elegance and, as a result, the "Precision" bit in "Precision Shot" becomes a very generous dream.

Nekomian wrote:

DeezNauts wrote:

Post Posted: Thu May 24, 2018 6:33 pm 

rocco is pretty easy on a gamepad I find.

The Lord Protector wrote:
In that case, try the build with Magnetic Police Light.

Before you all gasp in shock at how I could possibly suggest using that upgrade, give it a (quite literal) shot. People are so used to dodging standard Precision Shots that their dodging abilities disintegrate to dust the moment you increase the projectile's speed by any amount.

the preferred upgrade of laggy Roccos across the world

Post Posted: Thu May 24, 2018 6:38 pm 

everything is ten times harder on gamepad I find.

Kewn wrote:
Just wanted to bump in here to say this is the greatest thing.

Oil_Rope_bombs wrote:
I think you guys are just bad,

Jas123c wrote:
kathy wrote:
muncher.gif

this is a very serious question, please help :(

Post Posted: Thu May 24, 2018 7:48 pm 

While I won't deny that MPL does benefit laggy Roccos (which you can't balance around at any rate), that's only because it does make dodging the shot require more effort than most players are actually physically capable of.

I know that sounds absurd, but the screen is (roughly) 34 units across, so 17 from your 'Naut to the edge. Precision Shot travels at 42 units per second with MPL, so from the moment you see the shot on the very edge of the screen, you've got ~0.4 seconds to dodge it before it hits. Given that the average human reaction speed is ~0.26 for visual stimuli, the timings gets so tight that dodging the shot becomes borderline impossible, particularly when it's fired out of sight or in creative ways and especially when the target's already occupied with something else. It gets even worse when the shot comes from directly below or above.

I think the upgrade's sleeper OP, but because there are so few Roccos that build Precision Shot around it (or at all), it's managed to slip under the radar. The caveat is that accuracy is key, though. If you can't reliably snipe people, go for the more consistently useful build...

...or play Raelynn, I guess.

Nekomian wrote:

DeezNauts wrote:

Post Posted: Thu May 24, 2018 8:56 pm 

_olaffff wrote:
everything is ten times harder on gamepad I find.

Nah. Not for most nauts. Of course if you have hardly any experience using gamepad, its harder of course due lack of not using one. Long range precision nauts like Rocco and Rae benefit from mouse, but nauts like Clunk and Gnaw have really no problems whatsoever. Biggest reason for Rocco being pain to play is not just the precision though, but jumping around while holding precision down and aiming at opposite directions is just messy. Other nauts dont require you to press the special skill button down for seconds, while controlling the aiming precicely and moving at the same time.

Ive been PC player since 1980s so dont go in the realms of calling me console newb though.

Can you make that under 255 characters so I can make it my signature?

Post Posted: Thu May 24, 2018 9:29 pm 

IsoKoala wrote:
Biggest reason for Rocco being pain to play is not just the precision though, but jumping around while holding precision down and aiming at opposite directions is just messy.

sure, I'll back up and say that my controller layout makes this pretty easy. dual stick, left trigger is the skill button and right trigger is jump. it makes it really easy to do multiple things at once (for 80% of the cast).

I find getting hits with precision shot easier than snipe on a controller, as it's more prediction-based and less accuracy-based.