Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: 2:15
 Post Posted: Thu May 24, 2018 5:37 am 

if someone is AFK throughout all the character select phase & drop ship phase, can they please get auto-kicked 15s after landing? right now, it seems to take over two minutes for them to be booted, which is a realllllly bad way to start a match.

Post subject: Re: 2:15
 Post Posted: Thu May 24, 2018 2:37 pm 

Auto-kick them immediately if they don't input during char select.

In-game, auto-kick should happen after 30 seconds at most, in any circumstance. Preferably shorter.

On Steam | On Twitch | On YouTube
Who's Your Awesomenaut?

Mains: :chew: :fist: :ayla:

Post Posted: Thu May 24, 2018 3:12 pm 

Xelrog wrote:
Auto-kick them immediately if they don't input during char select.

In-game, auto-kick should happen after 30 seconds at most, in any circumstance. Preferably shorter.

30 seconds is pretty reasonable. It wouldn't adress the problem of somebody going afk and rejoining to grief the game, and if it was that short a bot would never be able to spawn.

Maybe something like:

-Inactivity for 30 seconds is a kick
-You may rejoin once, second time will be permanent and you'll suffer a matchmaking lockout (It could just be one strike, but eh)
-Bots will now replace somebody if they afk'd instead of having to drop, and reconnecting will start the drop instantly if you weren't dead beforehand.

Cause getting kicked because host issues is also a pain in the ass, having to have a full timer for the bot and yourself isn't very good for your team. If you can drop instantly if you were alive it could get abusable by alt+f4ing. The solution to this would be to make them have to wait 5s like manually leaving a game so if they're using it to get out of a respawn timer they will have time to die before they close the game on themself. This is a minor issue but whatever.

Post Posted: Thu May 24, 2018 9:02 pm 

Auto-kick at the same time the gates open. If no key whatsoever isnt pressed, that is. Also make a message "player X has been kicked out for being inactive" so that the enemy team knows they are facing 3-2 from the get go.
The chances of winning a match like this are extremely slim, so imho the losing penalties should be taken away too, but thats another issue.

And another thing that actually is related; when someone is kicked out for being inactive/disconnects, make the bot arrive IMMEADIATELY. Not wait forever for the droppod to fall etc. Teleport the bot into the base right away and trigger his AI to participate the battle. Now its ridiculous when in long matches one gets disconnected, a bot takes his place, slowly runs back to the base, there gets changed, etc...when that someone gets reconnected, the bot will disappear immediately again, making it so that you are like 2 minutes without a bot or a player at times.

Can you make that under 255 characters so I can make it my signature?

Last edited by IsoKoala on Thu May 24, 2018 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Thu May 24, 2018 9:04 pm 

Uiomancant wrote:
It wouldn't adress the problem of somebody going afk and rejoining to grief the game

I have never seen or heard of that happening until this post, which says to me it's not a serious problem.

Uiomancant wrote:
and if it was that short a bot would never be able to spawn.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't a bot instantly replace the player? Same character, position, cooldowns, etc.? It's only when a player joins that the drop pod sequence initiates, right?

IsoKoala wrote:
Auto-kick at the same time the gates open. If no key whatsoever isnt pressed, that is. Also make a message "player X has been kicked out for being inactive" so that the enemy team knows they are facing 3-2 from the get go.
The chances of winning a match like this are extremely slim, so imho the losing penalties should be taken away too, but thats another issue.

The real question here is if it should return people to the matchmaking queue. That's what it does if someone drops out at character select, after all, and that's essentially what we're describing.

On Steam | On Twitch | On YouTube
Who's Your Awesomenaut?

Mains: :chew: :fist: :ayla:

Post Posted: Thu May 24, 2018 9:32 pm 

I don't mind the game continuing as normal; there's a good chance the player will come back & rejoin eventually. I just don't want it to be 2v3 forever.

Post Posted: Fri May 25, 2018 12:15 am 

Auto kick occurs if they do literally nothing for 30 seconds. AFK kick occurs if they don't get a kill/do damage (I don't know which one Ronimo can tell us) within about 2 minutes.

Alpha Z wrote:

Awesome :chucho: :sleep: [Femme :thumb: Fatal]
:LeonWink: (Chinese Ripoff Space Jam) Naut
Not a :glasses: :table:

Mafia stats.

Post Posted: Fri May 25, 2018 12:41 am 

the player that spurred this thread was afk during character select, landed in the dropped and seemed to not be moving, typing, or anything. he eventually was booted at the 2:15 mark.

I believe he was truly afk/zero input, because he did come back maybe 4 minutes into the game and played for a bit, but it was already lost by then.

maybe the game keeps you alive if you're there, but tabbed out & surfing the internet?

Post Posted: Fri May 25, 2018 12:47 am 

He might've been moving his mouse somewhat.

Alpha Z wrote:

Awesome :chucho: :sleep: [Femme :thumb: Fatal]
:LeonWink: (Chinese Ripoff Space Jam) Naut
Not a :glasses: :table:

Mafia stats.

Post Posted: Wed May 30, 2018 11:12 am 

Uiomancant wrote:
-You may rejoin once, second time will be permanent and you'll suffer a matchmaking lockout (It could just be one strike, but eh)

With fascism like that we can also kick players for feeding or even playing badly.