Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: 2:15
 Post Posted: Thu May 31, 2018 8:47 am 

yeah kicking players for performance is going to kill off everyone.
It will never be used for its intended purpose compared to straight up anger.

Also, Most players who afk during char select might be on a potty break. I've only seen one or two who remained afk at the start of the match.

My Awesomenauts Blog!

TWO-FOUR-SIX-EIGHT: PUT SOME COOKIES ON MY PLATE

NINE, TEN, SIX-ELEVEN, RE-HEATED COOKIES TASTE LIKE HEAVEN!

Post Posted: Thu May 31, 2018 12:53 pm 

Sometimes I AFK the pick screen because I have no idea what to pick when my teammates locked something like :voltarroll: + :party: or :yoolip: + :LeonWink: ... So I just go in with last character played because the match is ruined already.
Can we kick players for picking chars that won't work together too?

Post Posted: Thu May 31, 2018 5:16 pm 

ScR wrote:
Can we kick players for picking chars that won't work together too?

I can imaging Voltar feeling a bit lonely in the neighbourhood of Ksenia + Leon, since he either supports them with healing and marks their presence - or pushes laines by himself. But since when Yoolip + Leon + 3rd became a lame company? Yoolip covering up Leon's retreat? Leon punishing greedy enemy who decided it's possibly a good idea to farm some half-dead lone Yoolips? Double-team backstabbing obliteration of stunned enemies? I really don't get what's wrong with their duo?

Post Posted: Thu May 31, 2018 5:42 pm 

SandyDragginz wrote:
Also, Most players who afk during char select might be on a potty break.

Then they didn't get back in time and should be booted.

On Steam | On Twitch | On YouTube
Who's Your Awesomenaut?

Mains: :chew: :fist: :ayla:

Post Posted: Thu May 31, 2018 6:42 pm 

Xelrog wrote:
SandyDragginz wrote:
Also, Most players who afk during char select might be on a potty break.

Then they didn't get back in time and should be booted.

Should a person be kicked put of the game, just because he ate too much mexican food at previous dinner??? :GnawShock: :GnawShock: :GnawShock:

Can you make that under 255 characters so I can make it my signature?

Post Posted: Thu May 31, 2018 6:44 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
Yes.

I don't want people with poor judgement on my team.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Thu May 31, 2018 9:02 pm 

Remember you have to choose to queue up before any of this becomes a problem. That means you hit the button and decided that you would definitely be back within the queue time + 60 seconds.

If the game starts with them in it and still AFK, it falls to the ingame AFK timer, which starts over again from 0. In the current system, that means there's like 2 minutes without a bot before he's booted.

In theory, if the ingame timer were made harsher, as this thread suggests (and I am wholly in favor of), that would mean there's only 30 seconds of no teammate... but then it's a 2v3.
If we're already going that far, is it not better to just cancel the match at char select? That's the whole philosophy of restarting the queue if someone leaves at select, isn't it?

On Steam | On Twitch | On YouTube
Who's Your Awesomenaut?

Mains: :chew: :fist: :ayla:

Post Posted: Thu May 31, 2018 9:34 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
Xelrog is right. If you desperately need the toilet, go before you queue. Matches don't last two hours, so there's no excuse.

We could alternately shoplift from League and Dota, and implement a ready button when the queue ends—that way, the AFK players get immediate repercussions and the rest of us don't have to suffer 2 vs. 3.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Thu May 31, 2018 10:53 pm 

The Timer should not reset upon dropping, I get it..there are afks from time to time...but as I've stated before, most players are active the second the game starts..not always..but usually.
It's all part of soloQue and it's just as significant of a problem as having a feeder. Etc. Que times during non peak hours of the game are 6-7 minutes. It makes no sence to waste your life sitting in front of a timer after you've done numerous things that could have passed that time.
Extending the Character select timer is an option..I'll usually wait to pick a character until I've seen who my teammates have picked and then I'll sometimes check to see who my opoonents are and who they're likely to pick ( small community lol) and then I have to find the darned naut I want to play with 3 seconds left on the timer because every time they add a new one they all get shifted ( I'm all for categorizing them all by class)

My Awesomenauts Blog!

TWO-FOUR-SIX-EIGHT: PUT SOME COOKIES ON MY PLATE

NINE, TEN, SIX-ELEVEN, RE-HEATED COOKIES TASTE LIKE HEAVEN!

Post Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:41 am 

SandyDragginz wrote:
The Timer should not reset upon dropping, I get it..there are afks from time to time...but as I've stated before, most players are active the second the game starts..not always..but usually.
It's all part of soloQue and it's just as significant of a problem as having a feeder. Etc. Que times during non peak hours of the game are 6-7 minutes. It makes no sence to waste your life sitting in front of a timer after you've done numerous things that could have passed that time.
Extending the Character select timer is an option..I'll usually wait to pick a character until I've seen who my teammates have picked and then I'll sometimes check to see who my opoonents are and who they're likely to pick ( small community lol) and then I have to find the darned naut I want to play with 3 seconds left on the timer because every time they add a new one they all get shifted ( I'm all for categorizing them all by class)

not really sure what your stance is here. we're talking about booting someone from the game if they've made zero game input (pressing a button, moving your mouse even) during character select, droppodding, PLUS another like 15-30 seconds on top of that. they're welcome to rejoin the game when they come back from being afk, I don't really care there. I'd rather just see the game get back to something .... less unfair asap.

I'm a little indifferent about xelrog's suggestion of just nuking the entire match then & there. It makes sense, but after waiting in line 5-15 minutes to play, I think I'd rather just play with what galactron gave me.