Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: I returned
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:25 am 

After taking like a 2 year break from this game I came back and played it some, the game is fun when you're playing with someone but solo q is so awful.

Quit again after the 6th or 8th game in a row where I get stomped and it's not even close regardless of how I'm doing because matchmaking puts a guy with a 150 games against a team with players who have well into the thousands of games with the max being 6000 games.

Where is this ever acceptable? And then it's stomp after stomp, yea it's too frustrating for me. Sorry.

Post subject: Re: I returned
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:42 am 

The leaderboards just reset not that long ago (I think 2 weeks?). Anyway, I would give it another week until everyone is back in their place. Then again I've been gone forever too, I could be wrong :derp:

|Android form app (super old)|
─▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█░░░█░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░██░█
█░▀▀█▀▀░▄▀░▄▀░░▀▀░▄▄░█
█░░░▀░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░██░▀▀░█
─▀▄▄▄▄▄▀─────▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀

Post Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:49 am 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
Welcome to the last six years of this game.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:15 am 

Nah, it feels like it's gotten worse this past reset to me. I've been told playercount is at an all-time low, but people say that so often (and often incorrectly) that I never know whether to believe it or not.

It sure feels like it's nothing but the diehard vets in the game now, though.

On Steam | On Twitch | On YouTube
Who's Your Awesomenaut?

Mains: :chew: :fist: :ayla:

Post Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:44 am 

http://steamcharts.com/app/204300
All time low was October 2016. We are fairly steadily approaching it though.

When whatever they end up announcing in the streamisho is implemented there will probably be another 2-300 player spike again

edit apparently I am bad at perceiving time

Check out my streams: twitch.tv/the_eddster27
Make sure you follow the MS Paint off!

Last edited by eddster27 on Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:44 am 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
October of last year?

2018 must be one crazy fever dream.

Nekomian wrote:

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:40 am 

Jebril wrote:
After taking like a 2 year break from this game I came back and played it some, the game is fun when you're playing with someone but solo q is so awful.

Quit again after the 6th or 8th game in a row where I get stomped and it's not even close regardless of how I'm doing because matchmaking puts a guy with a 150 games against a team with players who have well into the thousands of games with the max being 6000 games.

Where is this ever acceptable? And then it's stomp after stomp, yea it's too frustrating for me. Sorry.

I think Awesomenauts is entering a state where 80% of the playerbase is veteran, and only a few newbie players come only to get stomped again and again, then leave.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:50 pm 

potterman28wxcv wrote:
Jebril wrote:

I think Awesomenauts is entering a state where 80% of the playerbase is veteran, and only a few newbie players come only to get stomped again and again, then leave.

That's basically what f2p was about. because everyone scaled so quickly and L3. Of all leagues L3 was over populated a lot of noob players had to feel overconfident/accomplished so either
A:they stopped playing because they already feel they've accomplished something.
B:the continued matching until they could no longer progress because L3 is still too close to both high L2 and bottom L4, which means unbalanced matchmaker.

also there's no insentive for playing offline or bot matches because that way they can't get any new nauts because ronimeme decided to use a garbage free to play monetization model that gimps people that are still learning.

Follow by some of the worst patches in the game's history and its safe to say the game isn't entering that state. it entered that state a year ago and the discussions on forums and steam forums read as an epitaph for what happened.

Kewn wrote:
Just wanted to bump in here to say this is the greatest thing.

Oil_Rope_bombs wrote:
I think you guys are just bad,

Jas123c wrote:
kathy wrote:
muncher.gif

this is a very serious question, please help :(

Post Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:57 pm 

_olaffff wrote:
That's basically what f2p was about. because everyone scaled so quickly and L3. Of all leagues L3 was over populated a lot of noob players had to feel overconfident/accomplished so either
A:they stopped playing because they already feel they've accomplished something.
B:the continued matching until they could no longer progress because L3 is still too close to both high L2 and bottom L4, which means unbalanced matchmaker.

Leagues have literally zero direct influence on the matchmaking. If you are 1 place in League 2 your matchmaking will be practically identical to someone who is 1 place away from League 2 (because the difference in rating is probably less than 1).

Matchmaking considers ping, rating and whether or not it's a premade. The size of the Leagues means nothing for any of these.

Check out my streams: twitch.tv/the_eddster27
Make sure you follow the MS Paint off!

Post Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:18 pm 

It's okay, though.

No one predicted this.

Oh no, wait.

Nekomian wrote:

DeezNauts wrote: