Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts



Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Author Message
 Post subject: Re: I returned
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:18 pm
Posts: 225
You're speaking from a defensive standpoint, which is to be expected when someone's character is attacked, but you're not allowing yourself to see or believe the opinions of others, which is more my problem with many of your posts. You don't allow anyone else's opinion to have merit, other than your own.

There is no lie found in my post. You assumed that I dedicated time commenting here because I hate seeing my beloved Ronimo slandered. No, in fact, over the last several years, I went from defending Ronimo many times over here and on other forums to seeing them destroy their own product with the same bone-headed mistakes that you have. I'm now very much a jaded, cynical malcontent who rolls their eyes at the empty promises we continue to receive. My favorite twitch clip is and forever will be this.

The only difference is that I've made my peace. Yes, Ronimo's transition F2P was entirely too narrow in scope. Ronimo seems pig-headed to logic and entirely too stubborn to make even the smallest reasonable changes. The game is what it is. Ronimo are what they are. We've been round and round the promise tree and we know what Ronimo is capable of delivering and what they are not.

Hopefully you'll make your peace as well. The horse is already beat into a fine paste that is now attempting to fertilize growth. Enjoy the last word.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I returned
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:24 am
Posts: 2560
Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
Of all the people on these forums, I am quite literally the only person that will tolerate anyone's opinion, even if that means jabbing at it. I even tried to get people to show DeezNauts some respect for precisely this reason—and a little discussion ("discussion") came from it.

The only opinions I out and out dismiss are those that aren't grounded in reality ("Raelynn deals 9,996 DPS—pls nerf"), usually with a large wall of very sexy mathematics. I mean, feel free to go back through all the XP System threads and link me any sort of grand dismissal without reason.

It's nice to know you're me but in a diet version. Tiberius-Lite.

_________________
Say no to SAM wrote:
Give this guy a duck for making such a good job with this thread

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I returned
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:37 pm
Posts: 948
The Lord Protector is like educated, opinion-tolerating stepfather of YungGoat .
Someone everyone loves to have around even with all the constant complains he has. :nibbswink:

_________________
EgyptFalcon wrote:

Can you make that under 255 characters so I can make it my signature?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I returned
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:43 pm
Posts: 845
Do ME a favor and don't argue with TLP so he posts less. If someone is known to respond to reason & patience with hostility & defensiveness then treat them as what they are. They're not worth your time and you're making the forum a worse experience for others by taking him seriously. Only reason he keeps posting is because he keeps finding new people to trap into arguments that they will never win. When have you ever seen TLP say: "Oh wow, I never saw it that way before"?

On topic: I'm dealing with the exact same thing right now. Everytime I try to solo I play 1 game and then quit because the matchmaker keeps giving me newbie teammates and experienced enemies. Ronimo used to at least care that this was a problem but they stopped caring when they stopped doing the streamisho. I've been telling them for years to stop adding characters and I think that's ultimately what did the game in. I almost hope the new character is an obvious pay-to-win grab because then this game will at least go out with a bang.

It's hard not to feel animosity toward Ronimo for what they did to Awesomenauts, but I know they're human after all.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I returned
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:24 am
Posts: 2560
Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
Luckytime wrote:
When have you ever seen TLP say: "Oh wow, I never saw it that way before"?

Have you literally not read a single one of the exchanges Emo and I have had about the XP System, or the thread about Nibbs that's currently ongoing? You can add the recent one regarding the taunts and the taunt spam as well, when I just straight up said:

The Lord Protector wrote:
Oh, I see.

That's three off the top of my head. You can't just ignore the bits that don't suit your argument. I don't mind the back and forth at all, and I appreciate that the criticism of Ronimo isn't to everyone's tastes, but flat out lying doesn't prove your point so much as it hammers mine home with a jackhammer running on steroids.

Indeed, I agree with the rest of your post.

EDIT: Actually, I just thought of another: Xelrog's clever point about why muting people is harder on controller that it is on the PC. I hadn't considered that and he changed my point of view on the topic quite considerably. That's four.

EDIT: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO: Wait, five. I've got one more: I couldn't understand the maths behind how Morrowsaw was getting to a number some time ago (I think it was about Sentry), and it was clarified for me. I was using an old number and immediately saw what they meant as a result.

...but, you know, I've never said "Oh wow, I never saw it that way before".

_________________
Say no to SAM wrote:
Give this guy a duck for making such a good job with this thread

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I returned
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:49 pm
Posts: 2472
Location: Tomorrowland
:huh:
He never said anything about lying, just that he lost interest in really going on the forum because every thread just has you all over it.
Like yes, we get it, Ronimo made a * of bad decisions, can we move on with our lives?

_________________
My concise guide to balancing
Cynderp wrote:
The year is 20XX. Everyone can play Awesomenauts to niki levels of perfection. All gameplay has been deemed irrelevant and matches are decided by a game of Roflnauts. All new metas are based on Roflnauts DMs.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I returned
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:43 pm
Posts: 845
Like perfect example right here, I choose not to respond.

Hallelujah, I just saved 20 minutes of my life :raehands:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I returned
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:24 am
Posts: 2560
Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
...is that because you don't want to be caught out in a lie? I can read minds. I can read miiiiinds. Just call me Genie... uh, Gene. Gene-e?

See? By not responding, you've saved so much of your time, and that's all down to me. I saved you time! I generate time for people.

God, I'm good.

_________________
Say no to SAM wrote:
Give this guy a duck for making such a good job with this thread

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I returned
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:13 pm
Posts: 3134
Location: In AR where Moba games don't exist
remember when you've been the King of Fan-made Creations subforum and... you've stayed there? And everyone was glad to hear your thoughts and feedback? Good times.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I returned
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:19 am
Posts: 634
Location: starstorm's ventilation system.
'member when we had more than 2 subforums and a physical copy of /B/ without the dlc?

_________________
Niki wrote:
finally a great patch to play in and putting an end to the bugs

Kewn wrote:
Just wanted to bump in here to say this is the greatest thing.

Oil_Rope_bombs wrote:
I think you guys are just bad,

Jas123c wrote:
kathy wrote:
muncher.gif

this is a very serious question, please help :(


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next