Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Leaderboards lol
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:24 am 

:fist: Add rating decay for league 1 and league 2 :evil:

Post subject: Re: Leaderboards lol
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:03 am 

Why not for everyone? :huh:

Ronimo has stated that the leaderboards are not meant to be used for a sense of player progression, as the values on them are tied to matchmaking. Tweaking those numbers would result in the matchmaking being worse at its job. That's the gist of it.

Of course, they could introduce a new leaderboards system that uses values not tied to matchmaking, and make all matchmaking values hidden. Why they haven't, I presume, is that they don't think it'll add meaningfully to the game. Personally, I think it would give a lot of people reason to continue playing--veterans especially. But they're more concerned about new players than veterans, and I don't know how much new players care about leaderboards.

On Steam | On Twitch | On YouTube
Who's Your Awesomenaut?

Mains: :chew: :fist: :ayla:

Post Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:04 am 

Given the game's current state, matchmaker doesn't give a * about rankings at all. So this whole thing is useless for both balancing and progression.
Also there are top100-200 constant veterans who won't suffer from any kind of decay because they play constantly (and good).

Post Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:44 pm 

I have no idea why people ask for leaderboard resets so much when the same thing happens every time. Half of the top 100 is just alts who just sit there from early season points, amazing show right there

Post Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:42 pm 

ScR wrote:
Given the game's current state, matchmaker doesn't give a * about rankings at all. So this whole thing is useless for both balancing and progression.
Also there are top100-200 constant veterans who won't suffer from any kind of decay because they play constantly (and good).

Matchmaker does give a damn about rankings. I have yet to be matched with a L9 or a L8 ; surely the matchmaker has something to do with it.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:54 pm 

Sam! wrote:
I have no idea why people ask for leaderboard resets so much when the same thing happens every time. Half of the top 100 is just alts who just sit there from early season points, amazing show right there

Even though it's true, we most certainly need resets from time to time. I mean, how else would we fuel the Anger Management Thread and the countless "Matchmaking sucks", "This game is dead 1!1!1!!!!11!" or "Ronimo doesn't care anymore" threads? It would make the forum even more barren and desolate than it already is.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:54 pm 

Sam! wrote:

Resets aren't desirable for players like you with your stats. But for me, for example, it was a chance to play a bit near the top. Interesting experience.
The only way to play with/against top 200s for me is a reset. And I would like to play there again sometime. These matches are different than daily boring "get stomped by l5 smurfs" ones.
Being low ranked means that I get even lower ranked teammates all the time (i have no idea why). And I still lack about 9000 hrs of game experience to win 1v3. So, resets are good, yep. At least it's fun nowadays since MM is not working at all.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:23 pm 

ScR wrote:
But for me, for example, it was a chance to play a bit near the top. Interesting experience.

If that's all you want you can always scrim. There are plenty of top players willing to do that in a custom match. Just hop on a Discord and ask. :shrug:

I just like the feeling that every game I play matters, whether I'm moving up or down. I just want to know that I'm moving. This is in direct conflict with how the matchmaker works, so... separate leaderboards please?

On Steam | On Twitch | On YouTube
Who's Your Awesomenaut?

Mains: :chew: :fist: :ayla:

Post Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:09 pm 

Xelrog wrote:
If that's all you want you can always scrim. There are plenty of top players willing to do that in a custom match. Just hop on a Discord and ask. :shrug:

Pff people already know what I'm capable of in terms of skills (nothing at all), so I can't do it. :aylaroll:

Post Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:37 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
Ronimo has neither the time nor the resources to do a full rewrite of the leaderboard [EDIT: not matchmaking—that's even less likely] system at this point.

Rereleasing Swords and Soldiers 2 on Steam, with another Kickstarter to boot, seems to have taken precedence.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Last edited by The Lord Protector on Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.