Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts



Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next

Author Message
 Post subject: Re: ronimo's sketchy decisions - what do you think?
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:57 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:24 am
Posts: 2584
Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
Now that Ronimo has obviously come to the rational and sound conclusion that offering the exclusive skins again would be like leaping down an empty elevator shaft in search of flight, they might want to do something with the new Kickstarter.

More specifically, they might want to address why it's absolutely not going to reach its funding goal if the current rate of progress keeps up. We're a third of the way through the campaign duration yet have raised little over 10% of the required total.

Those aren't good numbers, unless the whales are going to swoop in and steal the show a day before the deadline.

_________________
Say no to SAM wrote:
Give this guy a duck for making such a good job with this thread

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ronimo's sketchy decisions - what do you think?
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:37 pm
Posts: 957
I do want S&S2 and am gonna buy it, and also want all good for Ronimo, but I still feel its wrong to use Awesomenauts fans to support another product.

Like selling baby shampoo for $5 a piece and promising that you will get a fancy trip around the world if you buy 1000 pieces! After many people even without babies have bought thousands of baby shampoos, the company executives pat themselves to their backs, teling that they have the bestests selling baby shampoo in the world. While most of the people actually bought it just for the other reason.

So instead of shoveling more and fancier Awesomenauts stuff with their Kickstarter, the whole point of Kickstarter imho is to show how much better they make the actual new product and get backers because of that.

That said, if they start giving Voltat announcer with the Kickstarter, yeah, ill probably buy it, but also feel a bit bitter since the functional part of my logic knows that now my Awesomenauts addictions are just being abused.

_________________
EgyptFalcon wrote:

Can you make that under 255 characters so I can make it my signature?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ronimo's sketchy decisions - what do you think?
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:16 pm
Posts: 9468
Location: Washington, USA
IsoKoala wrote:
Like selling baby shampoo for $5 a piece and promising that you will get a fancy trip around the world if you buy 1000 pieces! After many people even without babies have bought thousands of baby shampoos, the company executives pat themselves to their backs, teling that they have the bestests selling baby shampoo in the world. While most of the people actually bought it just for the other reason.

If the customer gets their trip and the execs get their profit then none of this is a problem. It sounds like you just have a problem with capitalism, and the way to show it is this:

If you don't like it, don't buy it. :shrug:

_________________
Burningdillo wrote:


On Steam | On Twitch | On YouTube
Who's Your Awesomenaut?

Mains: :chew: :fist: :ayla:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ronimo's sketchy decisions - what do you think?
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:43 pm
Posts: 849
Xelrog wrote:
If the customer gets their trip and the execs get their profit then none of this is a problem. It sounds like you just have a problem with capitalism, and the way to show it is this:

If you don't like it, don't buy it. :shrug:

This mentality is so annoying, it's like saying "If you don't like gas-lighters then don't be one". Like sure, I won't do the thing I don't like, but you're missing the whole point. Iso is operating on principle, try and understand.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ronimo's sketchy decisions - what do you think?
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:07 am
Posts: 1366
i haven't seen a single soul talk about swords & soldiers in any context that wasn't instigated by ronimo bringing it up first


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ronimo's sketchy decisions - what do you think?
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:16 pm
Posts: 9468
Location: Washington, USA
Luckytime wrote:
you're missing the whole point. Iso is operating on principle, try and understand.

I think you're missing the point. You're viewing this matter as one side being objectively right, which won't result in anything but indefinite arguing. You have to look at it as two sides, equal and opposite, who simply disagree. I don't think there's anything immoral about what he described. To me, there is no issue of principle here, and I described why.

He disagrees, and thinks there is an issue of principle; he can show this by not buying product. If enough people find issue with it, it won't sell. If no one bought the shampoo, the marketing stunt would fail and they wouldn't try it again.

Very simple.

_________________
Burningdillo wrote:


On Steam | On Twitch | On YouTube
Who's Your Awesomenaut?

Mains: :chew: :fist: :ayla:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ronimo's sketchy decisions - what do you think?
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:43 pm
Posts: 849
Xelrog wrote:
If enough people find issue with it, it won't sell. If no one bought the shampoo, the marketing stunt would fail and they wouldn't try it again.

So as long as you can find enough people gullible enough to give you their money, then you ought to succeed? I'm afraid to tell you that is exactly how you end up with people like Logan Paul and Kim Kardashian becoming unjustifiably insanely rich. That's already how the world works and yes, it sucks balls. You're basically saying people like that deserve success because they "earned" it and I'm saying the opposite.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ronimo's sketchy decisions - what do you think?
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:35 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:50 am
Posts: 1587
the main issue i have with the exclusivity of skins is that the amount of money id have been willing to spend on it would change if i had known it wasnt truly exclusive.

edit: also this isnt new for ronimo - recall Cluck/Humble Bundle

_________________
booty booty booty booty booty booty
my crappy discord: https://discord.gg/TGFpteg


Last edited by MrPillowTheGreat on Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ronimo's sketchy decisions - what do you think?
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:26 am
Posts: 247
IsoKoala wrote:
Like selling baby shampoo for $5 a piece and promising that you will get a fancy trip around the world if you buy 1000 pieces! After many people even without babies have bought thousands of baby shampoos, the company executives pat themselves to their backs, teling that they have the bestests selling baby shampoo in the world. While most of the people actually bought it just for the other reason.


Just to be clear. Where do I get this baby shampoo and when does my fancy trip around the world start?

_________________
We fight for a world without Blind where Nauts can teamfight freely. We stand united and make our voices heard. :rocco: This way, we can make Nauts a better game for our children. :jimmy: Fight the good fight. :ix: Remove Blind from the game. :thumb:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ronimo's sketchy decisions - what do you think?
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:09 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:24 am
Posts: 2584
Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
MrPillowTheGreat wrote:
the main issue i have with the exclusivity of skins is that the amount of money id have been willing to spend on it would change if i had known it wasnt truly exclusive.

This supports what Alpha was saying, and I agree with it again.

MrPillowTheGreat wrote:
edit: also this isnt new for ronimo - recall Cluck/Humble Bundle

Oh yes.

I'd forgotten about that one. Same issue here, what with the whole "illegal" thing, but who's counting?

_________________
Say no to SAM wrote:
Give this guy a duck for making such a good job with this thread

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next