Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: From Glory to Gunk
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:07 pm 

I'll try to give you guys a different opinion from someone who's been in for only 8 months.

I'm one of those "F2P casuals" who spreads cancer among the playerbase. And this is completely Ronimo's fault. To start with that fact Awesomenauts didn't get enough advertising so that I couldn't know about the magic of this game in the first place (I'm sure the design would catch my attention pretty quick, especially after Starstorm release). But also, if the game didn't become F2P I'd never know about it either since it was shown to me by a friend who's hobbying trying out free games for fun. While it is +1 player (I even paid for AllPack and a couple of skins), still this is likely a loss for the game you veterans are talking about here.
Issue #3. The game has an insanely high skill floor for newbies which is seen even while playing an easy bots match. What I mean here is that I would consider myself a "familiar with videogames mechanics". Like I played PC games when some of the current players weren't even born! Yes, I lose 90% of the matches because I don't do enough in terms of map goals (MOBA goals), that's fine, but the fact I still can't control the characters as intended (not stumbling/misjumping/misfiring) startles me. Especially because it is basically the same WASD+Mouse - the easy thing I can do like walking or breathing. Is it the engine's fault, or is it my connection issues, I don't know, but again it is completely Ronimo's fault. Not thinking of Servers before it was too late, not providing an engine rewrite also when it wasn't too late but already had too much bugs in it.
So only these 3 issues lead to what is happening to Awesomenauts now. Append all the balance, MM problems and simply the fact how many years have passed and things get completely nasty.

But this medal has another side. And this side is amazing. Before I even came to spit my salt here, on the forums, I've noticed this was the least toxic online game I've ever played in my life. Then, when I started to struggle "gittin gud", I found out it has a whole peaceful and cute community behind. Like I randomly got that SlowWolf announcer and found out how it even appeared, such as Swiggins and Ix. You guys did so much for the game this unpopular, that's just incredible. No wonder many of you miss the old times and can't deal with the game and community decaying.

Also it's my duty to fill the game with toxisity as the gods demand the world to be balanced.

I also must give a positive credit to Ronimo though. Despite their multiple poor choices (probably, I'm not a marketer to tell for sure) they still manage to support the game. I believe that for a studio they are now this support is held on pure enthusiasm and is detrimental. Saying things like "they don't care anymore" would be lying to yourselves.
Yes, I stated before that "they don't care" but that was in terms of getting profit from the game. As for the game itself and its players - see it fir yourself. Gunk is just as worse than Sentry as 0$ are worse than 400k$.

PS
Awesomenauts 2 kickstarter when? :nibbswink:
Penny buffs when? :party:
Anything cool when????? :table:

Post Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:45 pm 

ScR wrote:
but the fact I still can't control the characters as intended (not stumbling/misjumping/misfiring) startles me. Especially because it is basically the same WASD+Mouse - the easy thing I can do like walking or breathing. Is it the engine's fault, or is it my connection issues, I don't know, but again it is completely Ronimo's fault.

This doesn't ring any bells. I don't have any issues like this even when I am playing with people from across the world. Sometimes they teleport or they have delay on their actions, there might even be delay on bots and platforms when there is a bad host. But I always have direct control of my naut, any mistakes of movement are on my part.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:35 am 

http://prntscr.com/k1uwes

Awesomenauts Rumble Tournament: http://awesomenautsrumble.com
Discord: https://discord.gg/nGCYF3k

Post Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:30 am 

wtf who complains about the controls in this game? other than the inconsistent jump and bounce pads sometimes feeling off the controls are pretty excellent and way better than the weird "point and micromanage a million windows" stuff that tradtional mobas have

Post Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:02 am 

kathy wrote:
wtf who complains about the controls in this game? other than the inconsistent jump and bounce pads sometimes feeling off the controls are pretty excellent and way better than the weird "point and micromanage a million windows" stuff that tradtional mobas have

I was not complaining about the controls themselves. I have some issues while playing and, as I said, I don't know what exactly causes them sometimes. And yes, there is a place for my own errors for what I pay with my perfect #1 stats.

Everything else from my big post seems to cause no hate, that's good. :thumb:

Post Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:15 pm 

MrPillowTheGreat wrote:

Yes, I did play it last night, and it was actually kind of fun. The same problems still exist but I found it was easier to ignore them when I wasn't so "deep" into the game and gave myself some time away from it. I'm definitely at a point where I won't play as frequently as I used to now that I know the effects it has on my mood.

Also I didn't know you had a nickname for me XD how long has that been there?

Post Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:24 am 

Luckytime wrote:
MrPillowTheGreat wrote:

Yes, I did play it last night, and it was actually kind of fun. The same problems still exist but I found it was easier to ignore them when I wasn't so "deep" into the game and gave myself some time away from it. I'm definitely at a point where I won't play as frequently as I used to now that I know the effects it has on my mood.

Also I didn't know you had a nickname for me XD how long has that been there?

ever since i fell in love with u

Awesomenauts Rumble Tournament: http://awesomenautsrumble.com
Discord: https://discord.gg/nGCYF3k

Post Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:46 am 

i got nicknames on everyone just incase they change their steam name.

"There's only one booty to appease my blasted urges"
:kiss: #Coco's Booty :kiss: