Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Small irritating thing: nauts gallery broken after 34th
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:28 pm 

Idk, things look totally fine to me. OP should focus on playing the game more rather than crying about silly insignificant things I guess.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:51 pm 

arghyad1 wrote:
Idk, things look totally fine to me. OP should focus on playing the game more rather than crying about silly insignificant things I guess.

Some people would call spelling and grammar errors insignificant. The others wouldn't bother about several character's voice lines are not playing correctly. I can even imagine visual bugs are ok for a certain players part - they are only visual after all, you can still be effective with those.

Sure thing, let's teach IsoKoala some behaving instead of asking devs to fix weak spots and make the game a bit better.
I mean - that's not a rocket science! There are so many ways they could avoid this issue OR at least send anyone here to explain why not.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:22 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
Image matters.

The 'Nauts Gallery is a mess.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:22 am 

arghyad1 wrote:

Yeah, well, to my defense, I did write "small" as the very first thing in the topic.

Its just these small things that Ronimo keeps doing everywhere. They make things nice, working, cool, polished... and then later add something small and -BOOM- and things arent as polished anymore as they used to be. Be it graphic details, game balance, bugged sounds, the way you handle the main menu, tons of things that broke down for local coop players with no reason, etc.

Can you make that under 255 characters so I can make it my signature?

Post Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:28 pm 

arghyad1 wrote:

this is literally a board for fans of the game to nerd out about it
someone will complain about faulty menu design as much as they damn well please, whether you like it or not

Post Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:26 am 

Hmm... Ya I guess it varies from person to person what is actually bothering in the game.

I tend to ignore these things. I feel fixing things like the leaderboard & in game lags are way more important than visual fixes, but then again, someone else might have other priorities. I get it.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:28 am 

arghyad1 wrote:
in game lags

Can't be fixed.

arghyad1 wrote:
leaderboard

Would take a lot more time than fixing a typo.

No one said that these little things are the highest priority. But they're not totally irrelevant, either, and take almost no time to fix compared to the big problems.

On Steam | On Twitch | On YouTube
Who's Your Awesomenaut?

Mains: :chew: :fist: :ayla:

Post Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:43 am 

arghyad1 wrote:
Hmm... Ya I guess it varies from person to person what is actually bothering in the game.

I tend to ignore these things. I feel fixing things like the leaderboard & in game lags are way more important than visual fixes, but then again, someone else might have other priorities. I get it.

No you dont get it at all. You are pulling those assumptions of others priorities out of nowhere. Of course leaderboards are 100000x more important things than these. The things mentioned in OP are not big issues at all whatsoever especially when looking just at 1. But they are examples of very simple things that continuously keep appearing after game patches. And issues that would be extremely simple to fix compared to the leaderboards.

-Like, in past you could manouver all the menus with a controller. After the daily missions, now you cant. You need mouse in some menus. For buying characters too if I remember right, although otherwise you can manouver in the armory.
-In past, you knew how to change the skin of your character with a controller, now the game doesnt tell you anymore, so you have to learn it by asking someone who knows online.
-In past, if you played with a local friend, all of his stats for kills, deaths etc. would be saved in the stats as well. Suddenly this doesnt apply anymore -but no reason for this actually rather big change was given.
-When assists came, the fonts of the 10/10/10 started overlapping each other. Add an empty space between the "/" and issue is gone, or adjust font marigins.
-etc. Upgrades to the game keep taking away/breaking small and minor things quite a lot and as a combined effort they start to cause overall annoyance.

Can you make that under 255 characters so I can make it my signature?

Post Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:36 pm 

As small a job as is to fix little instances like this, it's even less of one to catch them before they're in the game. Actually looking at your menus before the game goes live, spotting typos, etc. is very basic quality control. :tear:

And since they keep appearing, it makes the game seem very unprofessional, in a world where even successful indy games are highly polished these days. It makes it hard to sell people on the game when they see an amateurish goof of some kind on every screen they browse. And maybe it's not at the point yet, no, but if things keep accumulating without any of them being addressed... :shrug:

On Steam | On Twitch | On YouTube
Who's Your Awesomenaut?

Mains: :chew: :fist: :ayla:

Post Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:41 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
You can't produce a polished product from dull components.

Something something philosophy.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.