Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: [SUGGESTION] Mode reminder during character select
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:02 pm 

Hi, wanted to make a suggestion for when you're on the character select screen, have some sort of reminder of what mode you're playing.

I know this sounds weird in the sense you pick something then queue for in for a couple of minutes with the queue telling you what mode you're queuing for but there are times I can't find any pvp matches then switch to brawl & vice versa. It's one of those thing that you get frustrated when you can't find something & sort of go on auto pilot when queuing :think:

Nothing too fancy, maybe just the symbols on the top right during the character select screen. It's a small easy change that would be quite useful. :blabl:

Post subject: Re: [SUGGESTION] Mode reminder during character select
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:42 pm 

Not to say it's a bad suggestion, but... has there ever been a case where you couldn't find a regular match, then switched to Brawl and found one? :huh: There are way less people playing Brawl at all times. At least, that's what I thought.

On Steam | On Twitch | On YouTube
Who's Your Awesomenaut?

Mains: :chew: :fist: :ayla:

Post Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:48 pm 

Xelrog wrote:
There are way less people playing Brawl at all times. At least, that's what I thought.

I think it's moreso the region I live where games where even during peak, I struggle to find pvp matches with a slightly better chance with brawl :GnawCry:

Post Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:45 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
I can't rationally say this is a bad idea because it would ultimately not do any harm beyond development time.

That said... really?

W-Would you like an icon that tells you you're playing Awesomenauts, too?

"You are currently in Awesomenauts," said Awesomenauts.

"Thank you, Awesomenauts," said the player. "I sure am glad that I didn't accidentally boot up Surgeon Simulator when I clicked on Awesomenauts. I wasn't sure until you told me just now."

"Not a problem. Would you like me to control your 'Naut for you?" Awesomenauts said, pointing at the player from through the screen.

"I got this."

"Are you sure? You're dying an awful lot—"

"I said I've got this, Surgeon Simulator!"

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:50 am 

Not to derail the thread, but as long as we're talking about pre-match screen improvements... I'd really like the map to be more noticeable. It's such a dinky little easy-to-miss thing, I forget it's even there. And it doesn't even list the name of the map unless you hover over it (very unlikely to happen for controller players).

On Steam | On Twitch | On YouTube
Who's Your Awesomenaut?

Mains: :chew: :fist: :ayla:

Post Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:10 pm 

This definitely does happen a ton. Sometimes when I queue I exclusively bump into the wonderful OP here. No other human players.
Just a thing to remind me at the start of the match, maybe a large icon above the random button would work.