Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: When is the next leaderboard reset?
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:05 am 

I agree that a sequel would be the only thing to potentially bring in a substantial playerbase. That said, that seems way less likely to me than Ronimo going back to Awesomenauts after the S&S2 release. And when that inevitably happens, I as a player would have my experience improved more by a leaderboard rework than by the new characters they're inevitably going to work on instead of a leaderboard rework.

I mean, we're all talking hypotheticals here. We all know what's actually going to happen.

On Steam | On Twitch | On YouTube
Who's Your Awesomenaut?

Mains: :chew: :fist: :ayla:

Post Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:45 pm 

Xelrog wrote:
arghyad1 wrote:
The header says it. This is my first season, & this season has already been ~ 3 months. So when does it reset?

Recently, the trend has been: when the devs feel like it, after a few several-page threads of us asking for it. :shrug:

It used to be a regular thing every two months, but now it's completely arbitrary and generally done as little as possible because it "hurts matchmaking." Which I can believe it does, but it also leads to players having absolutely no reason to play the game, and getting upset as a result. The current leaderboards aren't designed to provide a sense of progression because they're tied to matchmaking values--which is why the game needs to have a simple, new leaderboard system that is not tied to matchmaking values at all. Then we can have a sense of progression, regular resets if necessary, and no impact on matchmaking.

Basically all of this.

Alpha Z wrote:

Awesome :chucho: :sleep: [Femme :thumb: Fatal]
:LeonWink: (Chinese Ripoff Space Jam) Naut
Not a :glasses: :table:

Mafia stats.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:13 pm 

IsoKoala wrote:
Dunnoh, Im getting constantly matches where top 100 and rank 5000 are in the same match. League reset wouldnt make this better, but at least I wouldnt feel that annoyed about match balances, since its normal after a reset.