Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Is Ronimo still reading and acting based on in-game reports?
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:48 pm 

There was this thread that popped up, but whose post got deleted :
https://www.awesomenauts.com/forum/view ... =6&t=53036

The thread was complaining about a particular australian player who would be very toxic. I don't recall exactly what, but the point was that, according to the OP, many reports had been sent against this particular player, both in-game but also by sending mails to Ronimo. Nothing was done, and this particular player still roams the aussie playerbase. The aussie playerbase being small, players get to play very often with him.

I don't believe it's specific to Australia - in Europe, I know that I am seeing a non negligible amount of players who will either be very toxic in the chat, or stay afk whenever they start losing. Muting them is of course the solution - but that's not my point.

My point is that it's no use to have an in-game report system if it's not used anymore by Ronimo. If you don't want people to report you toxic behavior, or if you don't care about it anymore, just be honest and remove the option to do so.

In particular, I am talking of the following report options that are still available, but that I am quite sure have no effect (sorry if the wording is not exact, I am not in game atm) :
  • Offensive attitude (being agressive towards teammates)
  • Afk/not participating
  • Leaving on purpose (yes, it is reportable according to the menu - i highly doubt these are actually processed)

I mean, I recently started playing LoL, and I am seeing there way less toxicity than in Awesomenauts currently..

Post subject: Re: Is Ronimo still reading and acting based on in-game repo
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:50 pm 

It certainly doesn't feel like they do. I've reported dozens of players (a lot of them out of salt, admitedly, but I've reported plenty of AFKs, intentional feeders, toxic players and the likes) and I've never recieved any indication that anything was done about the reports.
Part of the reason I prefered the email reporting over the in-game reporting is that, while it was slower than reported the player in-game, Robin would usually reply to you within a few days saying that they at the very least got your report.

A simple "we've taken action against a player you've reported" message akin to League of Legends, DOTA 2, and Overwatch would go miles into redeeming people's faith in the report function.

Alpha Z wrote:

Awesome :chucho: :sleep: [Femme :thumb: Fatal]
:LeonWink: (Chinese Ripoff Space Jam) Naut
Not a :glasses: :table:

Mafia stats.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:09 pm 

More importantly, look into the PS4 section. Ronimo has introduced a bug with the last patch that lets the game crash consistently. My friend has the PS4 version and every 3rd match makes the game crash. This bug is very common. I saw, it has been reported also on Facebook and Twitter. After the game crashes, the PS4 lets you send a bug report. Ronimo must have received 1000s of bug reports, in case they actually do receive them but, for months now, Ronimo has not fixed this persistent bug that makes the game crash repeatedly for most PS4 players. Let that sink in.

We fight for a world without Blind where Nauts can teamfight freely. We stand united and make our voices heard. :rocco: This way, we can make Nauts a better game for our children. :jimmy: Fight the good fight. :ix: Remove Blind from the game. :thumb:

Post Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:06 pm 

GuyBrush wrote:
I've reported dozens of players (a lot of them out of salt, admitedly, but I've reported plenty of AFKs, intentional feeders, toxic players and the likes) and I've never recieved any indication that anything was done about the reports.

Maybe because you're equally toxic as the guys you find to be 'toxic'.
The simple fact you swarm the devs with far-fetched report reasons makes your subsequent reports less impactful actually.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:55 pm 

It seems that the button is useless. I also know a player, that when I see him in the character screen I know we a re going to lose, as he will afk/quit after the first death of our team. If we win 100-0 he will stay, but any small starting problem and afk he goes. Report him every match but no vail. Well, the issue is not big for me since I dont meet him that often, but for aussies or other minor region players, the issue in the problem multiplies.

I guess they only check the Cheat reports if many of such come for the same person. Maybe you could flag him as a "cheater" every time and write another explanation to the writing field to grasp Ronimos interest?

Can you make that under 255 characters so I can make it my signature?

Post Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:08 pm 

There is actually a player who posts a lot on this forum who AFKs in every game I play against him "because of high ping" (100 ping is just insane!) as soon as he dies once. He'll never start moaning until he dies. Even funnier is the fact that he sometimes streams for the world to see him just giving up after dying once and AFK ruining games he comes into, while writing stuff like "I refuse to play vs lag", "obvious lagswitcher" and all kinds of other hilarious stuff on his stream.

So no, when you've got someone like this going around who Japie and myself have reported countless times, no it actually does nothing.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:49 pm 

Mr Nutz jr wrote:
GuyBrush wrote:
I've reported dozens of players (a lot of them out of salt, admitedly, but I've reported plenty of AFKs, intentional feeders, toxic players and the likes) and I've never recieved any indication that anything was done about the reports.

Maybe because you're equally toxic as the guys you find to be 'toxic'.
The simple fact you swarm the devs with far-fetched report reasons makes your subsequent reports less impactful actually.

Dab.
When I sent email reports Robin only ever told me once that one of my reports weren't valid. Now with the new system well... I get no response at all.

Alpha Z wrote:

Awesome :chucho: :sleep: [Femme :thumb: Fatal]
:LeonWink: (Chinese Ripoff Space Jam) Naut
Not a :glasses: :table:

Mafia stats.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:09 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
Feel free to tell Ronimo this instead of assuming that they're going to come to the same conclusion within the next stellar cycle.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:04 am 

Last I heard the only way to get any notice from staff was on the official Discord. No idea if that medium is still open or not, only a matter of time before they stop paying attention to that as well. :shrug:

On Steam | On Twitch | On YouTube
Who's Your Awesomenaut?

Mains: :chew: :fist: :ayla:

Post Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:53 am 

Xelrog wrote:
Last I heard the only way to get any notice from staff was on the official Discord. No idea if that medium is still open or not, only a matter of time before they stop paying attention to that as well. :shrug:

Seems like it is. I see a lot of Ronimos over there (Niel, Kewn, Dennis and Robin come to mind) tho I must admit I don't really use Discord a whole lot.

we're giving this thread too much attention for its quality