Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Drafting/Character Selection
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:54 pm 

IsoKoala wrote:
The Lord Protector wrote:
Ditch Swords and Soldiers II. I can't see it being worth the time investment. Start developing Awesomenauts 2. No fancy nor elaborate title needed, and absolutely no subtitles. None of the "resurgence" or "retribution" nonsense, and definitely not "Awesomenauts 2: Zombies".

True, so true -mostly. While I agree that they should see Awesomenauts 2 as their ulimate goal, I also think they need a small break from it. Some of them have been developing the game, what, 8 years or even more? You gotta have a break to keep your sanity, -and ideas fresh.

But is a reheash of a game you have already published years ago a good creative break, well.....nooot. And as said before, adding more stuff to the Steam version is pointless. Steam players dont know what is new and dont care. The ones who will buy the game buy it new stuff or not, the subtitle means nothing to them. The extremely small ammount of players who bought it for Wii and now play Steam instead and want to buy it again, are so small ammpunt of people that making new stuff for them is waste.

In ideal world; release the SS2 as it was, dont release it now, release it in 2016-2017 whenever it was legally ok for you to do so if that was an issua. Develope a completely new brand, single player game like metroidvania or something in Awesomenauts universe since Awesomenauts F2P upgrade. Have it set in Awesomenauts universe so it builds up connection to upcoming game, but also keep it creative and fresh that you enjoy developing it. Release it, and start making Awesomenauts 2. With players coming from Awesomenauts 1 and the single player game.

I would totally support a "Awesomenauts - Lonestar adventures" single player focused game. And by supporting, I mean actually investing money in their Kickstarter.

Or even something as weird as a "Zork industries simulator 2019"

Post subject: Re: Drafting/Character Selection
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:36 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
Or, you know, the PvE version of Awesomenauts that revolves around the Skroggle in the same way that TF2's MvM revolves around robots, and that's been requested here a not-insubstantial number of times. You could even have a two-sided PvE game, where both teams fight against each other's waves—like a MOBA, but much more focused on the creeps.

It'd even be unique*, too, which is always good.

* Chances are, there probably is a game that emulates what I'm describing. If no one's heard of such a game, does it really exist at all? There's a blob of philosophy for you to gorge yourselves on, like hungry, hungry hippos.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.