Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Whats the punishment for leaving during character choosi
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:09 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
At what point does discussing something become mental collapse?

Is there a specific "Nutz Jr." threshold or something? Is it a measurement of adjuncts?

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:53 pm 

Quote:
Fortunately for them, they systems in place specifically permit their violations in exceptional circumstances and waive them.

This is all I'm asking for. I get that the ambulance analogy is far more of an urgent matter, but I'm only bringing into the perspective the sake of understanding. The only thing I Felt from my experience is "we're not going to ban this problematic player for their trouble, we're just gonna punish you instead for doing something far less stupid"

I was just angry about it. Then again if ronimo actually dealt with these players I wouldn't even care. But they don't soo...whatever I guess.

My Awesomenauts Blog!

TWO-FOUR-SIX-EIGHT: PUT SOME COOKIES ON MY PLATE

NINE, TEN, SIX-ELEVEN, RE-HEATED COOKIES TASTE LIKE HEAVEN!

Post Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:15 am 

The Lord Protector wrote:
Is there a specific "Nutz Jr." threshold or something? Is it a measurement of adjuncts?

your own threshold is questionable at best

Post Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:25 pm 

Lord, Sandy is referring to a player who intentionally idles, turret dives, and otherwise trolls his teammates when he sees people he doesn't like. Save your "hey I'm smart" internet message board runaround for another situation because in this case, it's misdirected.

https://www.twitch.tv/real_marshmallow_fox

Post Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:28 am 

"hey I'm a big-headed individual" would make more sense than "hey I'm smart" tbh

Post Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:15 am 

Leaving or going afk is bad by default, no one is arguing that (i think?) but in that scenario, i can completely relate to Sandy. I'd still try to play the match instead of leaving immediately on the character select screen but given that guy has been toxic on several occasions, i'd probably do that at some point.

Ethics and semantics aside, it just ain't worth the salt. The only thing you can do is dodge him like the bubonic plague and hope the reports work out, somehow.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:38 am 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
I mean, if you guys want to leave matches, I’m fine with it.

Just don’t then post about how unfair the lockout system is. I don’t know a single MOBA (or even game) that makes exceptions for players like this, and that allows players to choose which matches they do or don’t play after the queue. Data 2 punishes leavers extraordinarily harshly, no matter the reason.

That implies, of course, that reporting players for bad conduct has an effect, or results in action against the player in question. The fact that it doesn’t in Awesomenauts is the source of Sandy’s issue, and something only Ronimo can fix.

That will require you all to make it clear to Ronimo that they need to do something about it, or they’ll just let it slide, in the hope you’ll keep playing regardless.

Nekomian wrote:

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:21 pm 

I'm very much in favor of punishing people who leave matches. I've had a lot more matches ruined by people leaving than probably any other means (trolling/throwing/afking, hacking). Even if they're just getting locked out for a period of time, at least I'll run into them less often.

It sucks for Sandy in this case because he's not leaving to avoid a bad player, or a rude player, or even both combined. He's leaving to avoid a player who actively ruins the match for his team because he has a personal problem with one teammate, while being abusive in the process. The guy doesn't leave matches so he doesn't get punished (with leaving being punished and reports doing nothing) and so that he can get enjoyment out of wasting the time of people he doesn't like. In this particular case, Sandy's trying to avoid a player who should be banned, not who isn't good enough for Sandy-standards.

The sentiment isn't "Punishment for leaving is unfair," it's "It sucks that punishment is enforced against me but not for him."

https://www.twitch.tv/real_marshmallow_fox

Post Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:31 pm 

Don't misunderstand me; I fully appreciate why you'd leave a match to avoid a player like that. In fact, it must be extremely frustrating for Sandy (or anyone) to encounter the same game-ruining player over and over and know that there's nothing being done about it.

The moment, however, that you can justify leaving because someone on your team is ruining the match, we encounter the problem of mechanic abuse. What constitutes "ruining"? Feeding first blood? Four deaths? Six? Twelve? What if they're a new player? Did they take your health pack? Do you see how that could potentially be used by anyone and everyone to leave matches the moment things start to look sour? That's the reason why, in every other game I know, you just have to grin and bear it, and send the match to the developers so they can act as necessary against the player in question.

Now, none of this would be an issue if Ronimo actually acted against this sort of behaviour, but they're not going to do zip precisely because they don't need to. If Sandy stops playing Awesomenauts because of this particular player, what does Ronimo care? It's one player—presumably one that's already paid into the game, as well. You're (unfortunately) insignificant at that level.

Now, I'm not saying that's the right attitude towards your playerbase to have, but it is apparently exactly how Ronimo feels. They have bigger things to worry about than one person complaining about one player on the forum they don't use for a game they're not particularly invested in anymore.

If you want Ronimo to do something about this problem player, and prevent yourself from receiving any more leaver's penalties, then you need to contact them and ask them why nothing is being done.

Nekomian wrote:

DeezNauts wrote: