Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: What would you want from a new nauts game?
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:34 pm 

-Leaderboard system that offers a reason to continue playing and gain new things and in General be meaningful way to progress in game.

-player made maps in weekly rotation as brawls.

-Some form of character customization, hats, weapons, etc. Unlocked via completing seasons.

Can you make that under 255 characters so I can make it my signature?

Post Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:31 pm 

Dedicated servers, even if they would have to rent them from battle.net it'd be something.

New/more abilities on characters.

The old cast brought back/reworked either as older versions of themselves or new VA's that don't disappear off the face of the earth and make it impossible to have new skins/lines made.

More maps or a larger map for some serious roaming and combat.

Normal and Ranked modes are split with Normals putting you against players of the same league/rank but no consequences to losing or trying out new characters.

Draft mode. For the love of Zork, draft mode. Even if it's hard stuck in Ranked mode, there's just some characters or team comps I absolutely hate fighting. Yes, Sentry/Clunk/Voltar is beatable, but I shouldn't have to deal with it every game.

Something for veterans to do. Awesomepoints was a much needed addition IMHO but it came too late. Outside of a few badges that I'll never have (Golden Koala, Gearly Fish, The Cat emblem to name a few), there isn't a whole lot left for me to collect or get. Now I know what you're thinking "But Mr. L, it'll be a NEW game!" yeah but that doesn't mean content won't run out right away.

New(er) Brawl modes or different game types.

I remember talk of Golden Guns at one point being a thing. Instead of skins, why not make a market around these custom items that can be fitted/worn on any character? For example, you could put a clown wig on Scoop or a Pirate Hat on Lonestar or give Nibbs demon wings or have Voltar's head as a projectile for Coco's ball. The possibilities are endless and it would be a good use for Awesomepoints.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:25 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
It's interesting that people want to see the whole of the original roster return, presumably on release.

I think it'd be a better idea for a hypothetical Awesomenauts 2 to have an all-new cast—especially if the old voice actors are falling out of contact—and to then release some of the original 'Nauts later down the line.

It'd also be nice to see the original 'Nauts abilities "updated" for a modernised engine. If that meant changing how they work slightly, that'd be fine, so long as the resemblance were clear.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:04 pm 

The point about voice actors is very valid though.
Thats the reason why Scoop has soon 3 premium skins with new voice lines, and popular characters like Lone, Froggy, Voltar and Skolldir have 0. Im pretty sure we would have the Santa Claus Skolldir if the voice actor was as available/affordable as some others.

Can you make that under 255 characters so I can make it my signature?

Post Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:59 pm 

The Lord Protector wrote:
It's interesting that people want to see the whole of the original roster return, presumably on release.

I think it'd be a better idea for a hypothetical Awesomenauts 2 to have an all-new cast—especially if the old voice actors are falling out of contact—and to then release some of the original 'Nauts later down the line.

What successful multiplayer sequel has ever done that? :shrug:

On Steam | On Twitch | On YouTube
Who's Your Awesomenaut?

Mains: :chew: :fist: :ayla:

Post Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:20 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
Well, I can't think of any MOBAs that have ever released a true sequel with the same roster as the original, either, but I think a whole new set of 'Nauts to get to know would be more interesting than what would ostensibly be the ones we already know but with updated graphics and slightly bugfixed abilities. Then, if the community really, really wants to play Coco, I don't see why that couldn't happen at a later date. It'd even be something to look forward to.

Sort of like the Borderlands formula for game design, in that the sequels don't really change up the core gameplay that much (beyond the odd elemental effect), but do introduce new characters to keep it fresh. They're not MOBAs, but the philosophy's the same.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:46 pm 

idea: Awesomenauts 2 takes place 30 years after the original. Many original characters are still around, but they're old and have new abilities to reflect that.

Froggy G now goes by the name Nate Frogg and is now real estate tycoon. Derpl has a new SUSI suit. Chucho and Raelyn are dead, etc.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:42 pm 

What I would like to see:

- A single player story mode. Because you have to justify the "Awesomenauts 2", and releasing a campaign would be reason enough to have an Awesomenauts 2. Or even a standalone for that matter.
- The characters from Awesomenauts would "evolve" and change their style. Some characters could get small changes, others could change completely, justified by some Awesomenauts lore. None of the Awesomenauts characters would play exactly the same (but they would have the same ideas). EDIT : OK it's the same idea as the post above :p
- Some nice new mechanisms

Post Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:22 am 

Single Player.

Coded from scratch, not this spaghetti code from the base 360 version (which the game still has coding for) and who knows what else from S&S. WoW redid its internal coding and graphics while axing abandoned code and whatnot overall making abilities and adding effect to them easier.

Instead of Brawls, replace them with community mod spotlights. As a matter of fact why are Brawls still a thing? They've been on repeat since they were introduced.

potterman28wxcv wrote:
- The characters from Awesomenauts would "evolve" and change their style. Some characters could get small changes, others could change completely, justified by some Awesomenauts lore. None of the Awesomenauts characters would play exactly the same.

Thats a very bad idea. The only reason a competitive game changes how a character works is normally for balance reasons. Lone, Leon and Frog should stay the same however Gnaw, Yuri and Derpl could see some changes. Mostly Derpl because he really didn't fit what Awesomenauts turned into. You don't change Ryu because hes got everything you need to learn SF with, players of any entry can play a new different entry because Ryu is in it and he doesn't change.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:45 am 

IsoKoala wrote:
The point about voice actors is very valid though.
Thats the reason why Scoop has soon 3 premium skins with new voice lines, and popular characters like Lone, Froggy, Voltar and Skolldir have 0. Im pretty sure we would have the Santa Claus Skolldir if the voice actor was as available/affordable as some others.

Or we could do what some game devs/companies do and get new VA's to play the roles and revoice the characters (Like Chie and Igor in Persona). Granted I am of the belief that we'll never top TotalBiscuit but it does put a huge damper on any development for premium/ultimate skins with Vinnie & Spike. :shrug:

Unpopular opinion??? Hell, we have community members already voicing characters, why not have auditions for community members to redo the lines of old characters? :redcheer: