Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: What would you want from a new nauts game?
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:37 pm 

it's great that they gave us a taunt button but not a thanks button
"thanks!" can easily be used sarcastically but it's way more legitimately useful than a taunt button

Post Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:07 am 

eh if you softies really want to get rid of the taunt button can we replace it with a useful command?

"brb" // for shopping, getting health, potty breaks, etc

"I'm flanking / let's gank these guys" // I think this could go a long way in helping to read your teammates' minds and quickly broadcasting your intentions. I think the generic attack command is often misinterpreted.

"it's a trap! / retreat!" // with this, the days of frantically typing 'clunk inv' are over. not a huge fan of this one personally.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:39 am 

Too specific commands dont work, since all the characters say very different things... that often make no sense anyway.

The basic attack/defend are more versatile and "defend" is most often used as "brb" anyway. Current "Help me" is quite useless too, since its mainly used 1 second before the player is going to die, or 1 second after as a passively aggressive way to blame your teammembers for your death. It can be used as "come with me attack the turret" for which is the best, but good teams can see that from the minimap anyway and "attack" would work too.

"Thanks", or "good kill", "good job!" would not offer strategic meaning, but just be fun and positive way to boost team spirit. With the same button, you would say "thanks" if a teammember has healed you within past 3 seconds, "good kill!" if an enemy died in past 3 seconds, etc.

Another annoyance with Taunting is, that besides mainly being used by winning team to rub it against your face, and Raelynn after every sniper shot, your team members dont know that you have a taunt spammer in your team, which causes the opponent team taunt spam you back, and then everyone taunt spams and you think it was the opponents who started it, while it actually was your team member.

Can you make that under 255 characters so I can make it my signature?

Post Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:45 pm 

i wish for different game studio making it

Post Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:58 pm 

I agree that too-specific commands are useless (especially when they're exactly what they already have, Robochase). I also think there is potential for more actually usable ones than Attack/Defend, though.

Chiefly, the fact that "Defend" is used for two scenarios: "Go protect the turret, it's under attack" or "Stupid, don't go out and push, you'll get ganked." I believe separating this into two commands would still be useful. Say, "Defend" and "Be Careful" or something to that effect. If "Help" is being misused it could be reworded into "Gather around me" or the like, since that's the use for it that's actually useful.

So, my four cents:

- Attack
- Defend (turrets, base)
- Retreat (don't aggro, stupid)
- Rally (come to me)

On Steam | On Twitch | On YouTube
Who's Your Awesomenaut?

Mains: :chew: :fist: :ayla:

Post Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:43 pm 

Dinosaurs

Not Ted McPain!
wodny wrote:
Alijar stop drinking that rocket fuel :think:
Jakob wrote:
Alijar pls :aylaroll:
Xelrog wrote:
Alijar's sig is the cheapest realty around. It's the trailer park of the Awesomenauts forums

Serving up Smiles everywhere