Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Brawls
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:25 pm 

Hey Ronimo,

I wanted to ask if its possible to make the brawls ranked base (but not changing your rank if you play). I think that this would make it more fun to play for everyone (so, also players of L9), since the skill difference of players are huge in this game.

Post subject: Re: Brawls
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:35 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
There are so few people that actually play brawls consistently that I can't see this making even the tiniest bit of difference.

The matchmaker already struggles to stay in one piece with the general, much larger pool to work with.

This should also be on the main page.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:04 pm 

Brawls should just be removed.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:09 pm 

I wish they would just add new types of brawls, the current rotation has gotten old.
There are all these cool customgame settings and 3rd party maps, yet we have a Rocco only TDM instead. :rocco:

Also I'm not sure why this is in balance.

Your opinion is one of the reasons Sentry is in it's current state

Steam
Youtube [best montages]

Post Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:35 pm 

The Lord Protector wrote:
There are so few people that actually play brawls consistently that I can't see this making even the tiniest bit of difference.

The matchmaker already struggles to stay in one piece with the general, much larger pool to work with.

This should also be on the main page.

Yes that is true, but making tiny steps is better then doing nothing though.

Jas123c wrote:
I wish they would just add new types of brawls, the current rotation has gotten old.
There are all these cool customgame settings and 3rd party maps, yet we have a Rocco only TDM instead. :rocco:

Also I'm not sure why this is in balance.

Sorry I thought it might be a balance issue ;(

Post Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:11 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
It's highly unlikely that there'd be any discernable difference in the matchmaking quality between a ranked and unranked brawl. There simply aren't enough players queueing for the gamemode at any one time.

Given how sparse Ronimo's development time seems to be for Awesomenauts at the moment, I'd say there are better things for them to do with it.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:40 am 

What Protector said. It's not worth the time taken from working on just about anything else.

Far better they add some more much-needed types of brawls and actually take advantage of the custom game features, preferably drawing from the community that makes and plays custom game modes, but none of that is happening either.

On Steam | On Twitch | On YouTube
Who's Your Awesomenaut?

Mains: :chew: :fist: :ayla:

Post Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:21 pm 

From what I've heard there isn't a single Ronimo member working on Awesomenauts at all at the moment. They really should leave more tools for the community before the put a complete pause on development like that. Community made brawls would improve the game substantially.

If the leaderboards were truly always designed to be strictly for the matchmaker's consideration only and not for players to climb, I'll film myself drinking several litres of condensed milk and PayPal you all £1,000

Post Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:49 am 

Yeah, Ive begged for community maps to be on weekly runs (instead of repeating brawls) ever since map editor got released. As of now, the user maps serve little meaning and lot of wasted potential. I do get it that someone would need to do some sort of quality check for each map, though. The would be easily outsourced to the community though; only maps with rating 3.5 or higher and 10+ votes for example would get into the rotation.

Can you make that under 255 characters so I can make it my signature?

Post Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:13 pm 

IsoKoala wrote:
Yeah, Ive begged for community maps to be on weekly runs (instead of repeating brawls) ever since map editor got released. As of now, the user maps serve little meaning and lot of wasted potential. I do get it that someone would need to do some sort of quality check for each map, though. The would be easily outsourced to the community though; only maps with rating 3.5 or higher and 10+ votes for example would get into the rotation.

It would need to be manual, not automatic. Otherwise you just get all the community maps begging for upvotes and favorites and getting all their friends to subscribe on the workshop, or trading upvotes with other map creators like a commodity. Happened with LittleBigPlanet, happened with Mario Maker, it'll happen here.

On Steam | On Twitch | On YouTube
Who's Your Awesomenaut?

Mains: :chew: :fist: :ayla: