Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: TOURNAMENT INQUIRY - Awesomenauts Dojo III Survey
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:13 am 

HEY ALL

There's a possibility of a new tournament in early 2019....
Please fill out the survey below, in order for us to know what the demand for tournaments is, like what kind the community wants, and how many would want to participate

Share with you friends!
:raehands:

https://goo.gl/forms/sma1Y95sjhy0oyZ12

Its very short.... Will take like 3 seconds.

@MrFawx

Post subject: Re: TOURNAMENT INQUIRY - Awesomenauts Dojo III Survey
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:47 pm 

A worldcup as in the poll would be a very cool idea indeed, have you thought about how to make it work though? It seems very difficult to make proper teams and will probably create some drama here and there.
You'll also exclude a lot of players when doing this, back with the ALWB bets did 2 tournaments basically. A top 16 invite players and a different one for everyone else, this was well received by both parties.

Also some countries might be too small for a proper 3 player team, how many good Austrian players besides Niki and Slevens do you know by heart? While some countries like the UK would have way too many players for one team.

Regardless I'd be hyped if you somehow made this work! :scoop:

Your opinion is one of the reasons Sentry is in it's current state

Steam
Youtube [best montages]

Post Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:03 am 

Jas123c wrote:
A worldcup as in the poll would be a very cool idea indeed, have you thought about how to make it work though? It seems very difficult to make proper teams and will probably create some drama here and there.
You'll also exclude a lot of players when doing this, back with the ALWB bets did 2 tournaments basically. A top 16 invite players and a different one for everyone else, this was well received by both parties.

Also some countries might be too small for a proper 3 player team, how many good Austrian players besides Niki and Slevens do you know by heart? While some countries like the UK would have way too many players for one team.

Regardless I'd be hyped if you somehow made this work! :scoop:

Yeah its been an idea of mine for such a long time... As other games such as Overwatch receive a lot of hype with it's World Cup, and Awesomenauts actually has quite a diverse playerbase.

The results so far have been pretty supportive in the idea as well... Of course as you've mentioned, the amount/selection of players per country/region will be a challenge, but it'd be simple to have small qualification tournaments in regions such as the UK or America....
On the other hand, there's only 2 teams in Japan for instance, so they'd maybe just play a round of 5 matches to determine who competes.. etc.
In the case of countries like Austria, perhaps they can be region based, rather than nation based. Or if a team only has 1 spot open, they can recruit a player from an adjacent nation such as Germany.

Anywho, this kind of tournament would be messy, but it's different than any other tournament before, so I'd be up for trying ... :shady: :GnawCry:

@MrFawx

Post Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:14 pm 

i personally hate the idea of a world cup. just let people play with who they want to

Post Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:36 am 

Not too fond of the idea of forced teams as it's kinda stupid in some respects especially for nauts. If you were gonna do a WC for nauts you'd probably have to have EU regions for making teams because as Jas said, for Austria there's like only Niki and I with a small handful of pub players. On the other side of the spectrum you'd potentially have in-fighting for wanting to play with areas of lots of good players in one region, see UK. You have Stuey, eddster, Dave, Xytacor, Jed with others I'm sure I'm missing which will create some disparity between countries some teams will ultimately be stacked beyond belief. An adjacent country fill might work if you then leave that up to the team that needs a fill or you just have region based teams of like: EU1/EU2, NA1/NA2, SA, JP, RUS etc.

eddster27 wrote:
Slevens wrote:
Toilet paper isn't even mandatory though.
ikr u can just use yesterday's paper

Oil_Rope_Bombs wrote:
Lol, all you loser nerds can complain about is "muh leaderboards"

Baixst wrote:
More then one waifu will destroy your laifu.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:07 am 

I'd say countries having more than one team is fine, as long as there aren't people acting as filler to get more numbers.

But I was watching the hidden cup, an aoe tourney. Their qualifiers and quaterfinals were prerecorded, because they had so many timezones it would've been impractical to do anything else.
It could be useful to do that, since if it were to be like, 3am my time I'm pretty sure nobody in my region would think it's a good idea to come with.