Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Couldnt the bots just appear immediately, when a player leav
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:50 pm 

Sometimes a player gets a bad connection or even many of those, and its annoying when the player naut then first slowly goes back to base, waits there, starts to walk back, then the dropped player comes back, has to wait a while, starts to fall down with droppod, and so on. This takes quite a lot of time, and gives the other team an unfair advantage that is caused by the misfortune of other team rather than skills.

Couldnt the process be made faster somehow? When player rejoins, he will immediately be at the base? When o bot joins, he will immediately be in the spot of the player who dropped? (so that the opponent team still has a chance to Kill him)

Can you make that under 255 characters so I can make it my signature?

Post subject: Re: Couldnt the bots just appear immediately, when a player
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:07 am 

IsoKoala wrote:
When o bot joins, he will immediately be in the spot of the player who dropped? (so that the opponent team still has a chance to Kill him)

I thought this was already the case. Did it used to be and then they changed it? Or am I just bonkers?

On Steam | On Twitch | On YouTube
Who's Your Awesomenaut?

Mains: :chew: :fist: :ayla:

Post Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:26 am 

i believe the order is something like
- player disconnects
- a bot version of their selected character appears and immediately retreats back to the shop
- they get back to shop (?) the bot switches to a different AI character, presumably one that has 'good' ai
- eventually if the player returns, the bot disappears instantly.

it's a pretty frustrating sequence of events, especially if the player drops a second or third time during the match. it really puts their team at a huge disadvantage.

a friendlier sequence would be
- player disconnects
- a bot version of an approved AI character immediately appears and starts fighting. they start with the same percentage of health the disconnecting player had and both skills on cooldown perhaps.
- eventually if the player returns, they skip the drop pod sequence and spawn right in the shop.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:32 am 

robochase6000 wrote:
a friendlier sequence would be
- player disconnects
- a bot version of an approved AI character immediately appears and starts fighting. they start with the same percentage of health the disconnecting player had and both skills on cooldown perhaps.
- eventually if the player returns, they skip the drop pod sequence and spawn right in the shop.

Oh no, I'm about to die. Lemme unplug my internet so I can instantly teleport back to base. :raehands:
I believe they made it so it counts as a death when you DC, but you'd still skip the droppod lol.

Your opinion is one of the reasons Sentry is in it's current state

Steam
Youtube [best montages]

Post Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:34 am 

they don't want people to be cheated out of their well-earned kills, which is perfectly legit

Post Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:16 am 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
Jas123c wrote:
Oh no, I'm about to die. Lemme unplug my internet so I can instantly teleport back to base. :raehands:

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:59 am 

Jas123c wrote:
I believe they made it so it counts as a death when you DC, but you'd still skip the droppod lol.

lol

yeah...i thought they always go through a rather lengthy reconnecting phase if they disconnect

Post Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:55 am 

kathy wrote:
they don't want people to be cheated out of their well-earned kills, which is perfectly legit

I specifically wrote as the last paragraph of my OP, that the opponent player still must be given the chance to kill the bot. So, instead of walking back to the base, switching to another AI char, and coming back, switch the AI on place and let it continue the fight right where the human player disconnected. With same % of HP left.

Can you make that under 255 characters so I can make it my signature?

Post Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:48 pm 

IsoKoala wrote:
kathy wrote:

I specifically wrote as the last paragraph of my OP, that the opponent player still must be given the chance to kill the bot. So, instead of walking back to the base, switching to another AI char, and coming back, switch the AI on place and let it continue the fight right where the human player disconnected. With same % of HP left.

But there are no AIs for half of the nauts. Switching the naut in place is even worse: imagine you're fighting Rocket that instantly transforms into Clunk.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:33 pm 

the current process is still retarded and should be addressed.