Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: What's been going on at Ronimo...?
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:23 pm 

Will be patiently waiting for asm. Jeez at this point they could even sell it as seperate like skins for $20. Asm to save nauts forever and bring back everyone again would be nice. Really miss the community.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:49 am 

frankie3 wrote:
Asm to save nauts forever and bring back everyone again

If it's anything like the community made bots, that'll be the final nail in the coffin for me.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:36 pm 

robochase6000 wrote:
frankie3 wrote:

If it's anything like the community made bots, that'll be the final nail in the coffin for me.

I keep reading this as ASMR nauts and my brain needs to stop that...

No one needs a Gnaw whispering in their ear "I poop on you" :GnawShock: :GnawShock: :GnawShock:

All hail Nekomian. :worship:

Devmon52 wrote:
Voltar: is a moving breadstick of death

Post Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:11 pm 

So I've read all of these responses and read Ronimo's entire AMA and I have some more thoughts. I'm a bit salty (As I started playing Nauts again now) so be warned.

Swords and Soldiers 2, the big project that took so much time away from Awesomenauts just to be ported was finally released. And as of right now, a few days after release, it has 12 people playing it on a weekend afternoon. Yikes.

I feel bad for Ronimo, but I can't help but feel like half of this is just self inflicted. Why would they ever think they would get $60,000 in crowd funding for it? Why devote all this energy to something like that? Every post they make about it gets absolutely no attention or interest on social media. Nobody wants to buy it. It doesn't matter if you're finally adding multiplayer if your all time peak is 86 PLAYERS on RELEASE DAY. It's a neat concept but it was never a massively popular game in the first place. I feel like Awesomenauts was the first game they had that had potential to really be lighting in a bottle and they decided to walk away.

What was wrong with just sensibly supporting Awesomenauts? They just threw so many new characters in that they couldn't reliably create new skin content. Penny Fox was released 4.5 years ago and hasn't received any new skins. Because in that time they made a bunch more characters that they don't have the time to make likable or make skins for. People can say the game isn't dead all they want, but a healthy MOBA that can support a studio needs more than 300 players at a time. This game has so much humor and work put into it. So much character, so much originality. And I feel like Ronimo's decision to never market it, never focus on making buyable DLC, and just ignore working on it so they can have arts and crafts shows with 5 viewers on Youtube is killing it.

In their AMA somebody asked about the game and they basically just said it's a success and they're proud it got as far as it did. Doesn't sound like they have any intention of resurrecting it and making it into what it could be. So it goes... :roll:

Post Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:17 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
Well, no one saw that coming.

Apart from the ones who did.

Which was everyone, apparently.

Everyone but Ronimo.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:09 am 

robochase6000 wrote:
frankie3 wrote:

Have you checked out the community made maps though?

If the leaderboards were truly always designed to be strictly for the matchmaker's consideration only and not for players to climb, I'll film myself drinking several litres of condensed milk and PayPal you all £1,000

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:24 am 

Klaw,

I do genuinely think they want 'Nauts and their other projects to succeed, as they're a studio founded on principles of designing what *they* want to be fun and play, not others. Ultimately, it's their own decision to make in deciding what to support and work on in the future; part of me thinks they just got sick of 'Nauts, but it's still their game and they needed a break from it.

From what I personally asked, they have no plans on selling the 'Nauts IP or future content for it at the current moment; I think they're just going to move on to other projects while vaguely maintaining it, albeit maybe one patch every 6 months or so. One dev in particular said that this was their 'ultimate version' of 'Nauts, and a lot of the other devs agreed that the F2P release and a nice roster of current characters is good enough to be called a success. Whether or not the community agrees with them is up for debate, but as it stands I think they're just content with how 'Nauts is right now and don't have any further plans for it.

All hail Nekomian. :worship:

Devmon52 wrote:
Voltar: is a moving breadstick of death

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:20 am 

2018 is gonna be a huge year for awesomenuats

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:07 am 

What the 2018 plan should've been:

Work on the rest of the modding tools culminating in the release of ASM and give Awesomenauts a happy send off into the hands of the community.

What happened instead:

Say we have plans. Release a character with no originality or outstanding design qualities. Go silent. Work on a failed port that no one cares about. Mission accomplished.

If the leaderboards were truly always designed to be strictly for the matchmaker's consideration only and not for players to climb, I'll film myself drinking several litres of condensed milk and PayPal you all £1,000

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:54 pm 

Big year btw

btw one update every 6 months is literally better than what we have currently at least we'd know when to expect an update

I've said it multiple times before, but if Ronimo doesn't want to do anything nauts related then just give the community the dev tools so we can craft our own patches to be produced. I believe one of the devs said in their AMA that they liked the idea of a new Design-A-XXX contest, if we get this I hope it's not a naut contest. We don't need a new character when there are over thirty that still need balance tweaks across the board, now a skin contest would be good. Grim Genji and Jotun Skolldir, two of the best looking skins in the game came from said contests in the past. I'd personally choose the top 5 to be implemented and release them systematically not just aside a new .X update.

That being said, nauts does need a huge balance overhaul on literally every character to prevent some characters slipping through with no tweaks then dominating. Alongside this Rocket needs a complete rework and Yoolip is in need of a partial rework to make them both better, (even though I do currently enjoy the challenge that is Yoolip in 1v1s.)

Between 5 new community skins and a huge balance update(s) nauts could be supported through the entirety of next year. Ronimo doesn't even have to do the entirety of the work here, the community is making the base of the skins, then also give us ASM to test changes we want to see so we can send the settings to them to be implemented. Ronimo can do this half-assed and still save (and maybe even revitalize) nauts.

Bu that's just my 2c

eddster27 wrote:
Slevens wrote:
Toilet paper isn't even mandatory though.
ikr u can just use yesterday's paper

Oil_Rope_Bombs wrote:
Lol, all you loser nerds can complain about is "muh leaderboards"

Baixst wrote:
More then one waifu will destroy your laifu.