Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: What's been going on at Ronimo...?
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:30 pm 

Nekomian wrote:
One dev in particular said that this was their 'ultimate version' of 'Nauts, and a lot of the other devs agreed that the F2P release and a nice roster of current characters is good enough to be called a success. Whether or not the community agrees with them is up for debate, but as it stands I think they're just content with how 'Nauts is right now and don't have any further plans for it.

Yes, I'm personally content with the amount of characters and in-game features Awesomenauts has. I think most of the community agrees it's a lot of content for the prize tag. The game got this far because of Ronimo's own motivation to keep working on it, even through financial and inpopularity dips. We as a fanbase are happy they didnt stop supporting nauts right after release and we got a lot of content for free. Tools like the map editor give people the ability to create their own content which is something I can only support.

I understand they want to move on and I think people have to respect that. S&S2 is not popular, but they do create something they like and enjoy. You can see they are proud of their product on streams. It's actually nice some indie companies can have this devotion so we see different types of art. Ronimo has never worked on products just for a cash grab, also when they made extra nauts content.

For me being so passionate about this game it also hurts to read the ultimate version is full of gamebreaking bugs. I think this is what the debate is about. Sure, people have asked for skins but not so much about new characters. There are gamebreaking bugs that affect gameplay and in-game rewards. To accept upgrades and skills not working or medals not unlocking in your final version of nauts is a huge letdown. I can't imagine after all the support that this is the product they want people to remember.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:01 pm 

I think you're right Japie, but that answer is super frustrating to me and I think a lot of people. The fact that they can't even just say "yeah we're moving on" is what's so frustrating to me. This game has so much potential still. They put so much work into it and they're just going to leave it with a few hundred players and walk away. I was looking at Steamcharts and even a few years ago there were thousands of players on pretty much constantly. They could have all of that again if they really wanted to. :table:

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:13 pm 

Klawbster wrote:
Every post they make about it [Swords & Soldiers] gets absolutely no attention or interest on social media.

The number 1 post on social media is "Bring Awesomenauts to Switch". I think that's a great idea. Nintendo attracts the type of crowd who likes 2D Jump 'n' Run style games. Awesomenauts is a big game with 34 characters now. Bringing a polished version to the Switch together with a promotional campaign could be a huge success.

But for some reason, Ronimo's modus operandi has always been to ignore what people want and do something entirely different that nobody asked for.

We fight for a world without Blind where Nauts can teamfight freely. We stand united and make our voices heard. :rocco: This way, we can make Nauts a better game for our children. :jimmy: Fight the good fight. :ix: Remove Blind from the game. :thumb:

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:22 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
What exactly would constitute a "polished" version of Awesomenauts?

Does it really seem like Ronimo still has any interest in developing (or supporting) this game, especially on yet another device?

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:26 am 

A polished version of nauts ideally is completely balanced without any outstanding broken characters. A polished version of nauts would take a while to make as several characters need to be addressed and one or two need minor or full reworks. Also just in general the game needs rejiggering completely, there's leftover code from 360 days still in there among such a sheer amount of spaghetti code it'd make an italian faint. It's honestly better for Ronimo to give us asm so some dedicated people can rebalance the game for Ronimo to then be ported onto the switch, I do agree it probably would feel quite at home on there.

eddster27 wrote:
Slevens wrote:
Toilet paper isn't even mandatory though.
ikr u can just use yesterday's paper

Oil_Rope_Bombs wrote:
Lol, all you loser nerds can complain about is "muh leaderboards"

Baixst wrote:
More then one waifu will destroy your laifu.