Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: What's been going on at Ronimo...?
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:10 pm 

Xelrog wrote:
Gameinsky wrote:
Xelrog confirmed entire Awesomenauts playerbase

I don't know how many more times I can put the phrase "my experience" in my post to effectively emphasize that I am not representing the entire playerbase. :huh:

Oh my bad, found it a bit odd you'd specify it about yourself if you wanted to talk about your experience in general.

Looking back at the threadt I ca't really find anyone who said a lot of people buy all skins though, but skins are definitely bought by quite a few people.

The year is 20XX. Everyone can play Awesomenauts to niki levels of perfection. All gameplay has been deemed irrelevant and matches are decided by a game of Roflnauts. All new metas are based on Roflnauts DMs.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:49 am 

We intend to be more transparent about what we're doing moving forward, both for Awesomenauts as well as our new plans. If you have any questions about this, let us know [...] and I'll answer what I can.

(I cannot find the other quote where they say "2018 will be the greatest year for Awesomenauts yet")

Ronimo doesn't respond
From what I can see, there has been complete silence for about 3 months now, without any sign of a message, a heads-up, or Ronimo Staff looking at the countless balance and bug issues that currently exist. Some of these issues are severe enough to warrant a hotfix (for example, a bug that makes the tutorial uncompletable). I wouldn't exactly call this situation "transparent".

Ronimo bans on a whim
Nor would I call the fact my account is banned without being told for what precise reasons (yes I'm going to bring this up every other post now.). It has been extremely difficult for me to grasp what falls under the criteria of "toxic language" and being banned with just a mere two-line text not detailing what were the bad things I said is not helping. And it looks like I'm not alone. Other players have been getting away with using diseases as insults (autism, catch cancer, etc.) or telling other players to kill themselves irl. You are not allowed to say the f word but you are allowed to call another player an autist? Does not seem "transparent" to me...

Global Chat ban
It is possible that you can get automatically banned for 24 hours in the Global Chat (this includes in-game chat, taunting and commands) if other players spam report you. If you say something that irritates one other person and he is in teamspeak with his clan, then you are getting the ban and the reporting players are not receiving any punishment for abusing the system.

I tried to list more things but I cannot be bothered with it.

What happens next?
I noticed in another thread someone pointed out players are leaving the game. The playerbase is shrinking towards less than 500 peak players and 300 average players.
https://steamcharts.com/app/204300

So this is it? Ronimo lets Awesomenauts die?
Hasn't Awesomenauts been like a money cow for Ronimo? They could go on forever if they keep releasing new content. I can understand they announced S&S2 and don't want to just cancel it (despite the lack of popularity). But putting 100% focus on S&S2 and 0% on Awesomenauts seems odd.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:15 am 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
We're now at our lowest average playercount ever, which is nice.

mugg1991 wrote:
Nor would I call the fact my account is banned without being told for what precise reasons (yes I'm going to bring this up every other post now.). It has been extremely difficult for me to grasp what falls under the criteria of "toxic language" and being banned with just a mere two-line text not detailing what were the bad things I said is not helping.

There is absolutely no reason to bring this up repeatedly unless you're going to straight up tell us exactly what was said to result in your chat ban—but as discussing bans isn't allowed on the forums (although that's not true for private messages, hint hint), you're out of luck.

Hint hint.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:52 am 

Gameinsky wrote:
Looking back at the threadt I ca't really find anyone who said a lot of people buy all skins though, but skins are definitely bought by quite a few people.

Typos aside, I said a lot of the active community purchases new skins when they are released; this was quite apparent with soulhuntress raelynn's skin, as every other Rae I see in a match has this regardless of the price. I by no means said *everyone* in the community buys *every* skin, but the purchases and releases are frequent enough to warrant future skin releases. I think Xelrog might've misinterpreted what I said, or maybe I worded it poorly on my part. Either way, just some clarification.

As to Mugg's response:

Ronimo is currently working on SnS2, slight maintenance of 'nauts, and something else that I'm not at liberty to discuss (since no announcement has been made on it yet). A lot of people have lost their faith in them as developers, but I'm going to continue to try and work with them towards resolving all of these issues present. I'd encourage all of you to do the same as well, even if it seems or feels futile.

All hail Nekomian. :worship:

Devmon52 wrote:
Voltar: is a moving breadstick of death

Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:34 am 

If Ronimo doesn't want to update nauts just give a select few (or hell everyone) access to the settings manager so we can compile player made balance changes to send to Ronimo for them to release into the main game. Sure the game is dying but if they don't want it to completely die but to instead stagnate at around our current numbers that'd be a really smart thing to do. But alas I've been asking for this for like the last two years with little to no response so lol.

eddster27 wrote:
Slevens wrote:
Toilet paper isn't even mandatory though.
ikr u can just use yesterday's paper

Oil_Rope_Bombs wrote:
Lol, all you loser nerds can complain about is "muh leaderboards"

Baixst wrote:
More then one waifu will destroy your laifu.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:07 am 

Slevens wrote:
If Ronimo doesn't want to update nauts just give a select few (or hell everyone) access to the settings manager so we can compile player made balance changes to send to Ronimo for them to release into the main game. Sure the game is dying but if they don't want it to completely die but to instead stagnate at around our current numbers that'd be a really smart thing to do. But alas I've been asking for this for like the last two years with little to no response so lol.

I think as long as Ronimo still have interest in working on Nauts they wouldn't want to do that.

But giving the keys to the community if they do give up on it could open up the gateway to new possibilities, I've seen it happen before and I think it would be at least cool to see as a final attempt.

The year is 20XX. Everyone can play Awesomenauts to niki levels of perfection. All gameplay has been deemed irrelevant and matches are decided by a game of Roflnauts. All new metas are based on Roflnauts DMs.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:40 pm 

stuffed_flatbread

Post Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:08 am 

Slevens wrote:

With how balance talks and changes have been done in the past by the community, I honestly don't see that ending well whatsoever. Fixing balance issues with feedback is one thing, but putting it entirely into the hands of a select few individuals who "know balance" always ends with someone trying to get their own preferences and changes implemented, even if they aren't the most fair. Even when trying to utilize discussion tactics in balance it has only ended in saltiness and toxicity, and I fail to see how any other implementation of this method would be any better.

kathy wrote:
stuffed_flatbread

wat now kathy... :derp:

Devmon52 wrote:

Post Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:34 am 

Nekomian wrote:

ronimo spams emojis on their twitter like a child who just learned what emojis are

Post Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:00 pm 

kathy wrote:
Nekomian wrote:

ronimo spams emojis on their twitter like a child who just learned what emojis are

Uh, I think this is just Robin actually since he manages the social media platforms. A lot of my post-college friends also post emoji's in 3's, it's pretty common practice (not that it's relevant to this topic :derp: ).

Devmon52 wrote: