Post subject: Ronimo and Awesomenauts in 2019
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:11 pm 

Does anyone have any news ?

Post subject: Re: Ronimo and Awesomenauts in 2019
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:59 pm 

whatever it is, i hope their next ambition isn't a massive failure

Post Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:00 am 

Here's what I know from multiple discussions with the devs on their discord.

1. Nauts will receive an update at some point, and support will continue.

2. We don't know when this update will hit, but Ronimo is all-in on their New IP until it's complete the date of their deadline is unknown, but Nauts will 100% not receive updates until that project is complete.

3. They're fully aware that this isn't the direction some people wanted to see Ronimo take, but supposedly it's foolish and irresponsible to continue allocating resources on Awesomenauts, and they're prepared to face the consequences that follow from this direction.

I wouldn't expect any update within the next couple months, and even then we're not sure what the contents of the update will be. Nothing has been begun and there's no intention to continue development anytime soon.

Personally I think that this means they're leaving Nauts to die, but I guess we'll cross that bridge when it comes.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:35 pm 

I don't think people don't want Ronimo to work on games other than Nauts, but lack of balance patches severely hurts mobas.

The year is 20XX. Everyone can play Awesomenauts to niki levels of perfection. All gameplay has been deemed irrelevant and matches are decided by a game of Roflnauts. All new metas are based on Roflnauts DMs.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:07 pm 

Also irresponsible to leave game breaking bugs in the game for months. I don't understand why they stubbornly refuse to do a small hotfix that would fix many problems in less than a days work. They showed a hotfix was possible in a day with Smiles. I can already tell ronimo is explicitly forbidding all nauts work when they could have brought some nuances.. I know theres plenty of cool dudes too at ronimo.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:55 am 

Here is what will happen. Ronimo is going to spend the forseeable future, probably a great many months, developing a new IP. Awesomenauts will effectively be ignored until this date, and the game's playerbase will continue to dwindle into the low hundreds. They'll continue doing streams of S&S2, which currently has literally 3 active players, and when the game eventually releases, it probably won't sell very well because Ronimo never advertises their games or keeps playerbases around. They'll release a lame naut to get people back adn nobody will be around to enjoy it.