Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Ronimo Update - Dec. 7th, 2018
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:50 am 
Adminaut

Sam! wrote:
So why not just hand us ASM and let the community take the reigns if you're so busy with other stuff?

At the risk of sounding like I'm boasting: With a fair amount of settings knowledge under my belt I'd say the security liability (for not just Awesomenauts but also their future games running on the same engine) would be potentially big UNLESS they put development time into making sure it's a closed off system; development time they've stated they won't put into the game at this current point.

I'd love to middle man this kind of development with edited settings files to create playtestable change suggestions but it's unfeasible at the moment without basically handing everyone a cheat device and asking them to politely... not cheat. Currently there's no real authentication system in place to ensure a settings match so anyone with the right tools could just make their version of the character faster than everyone elses' and the game would just be peachy keen with it. I also doubt Ronimo is going to just let some guy send them game patches to push through untested into the live game unless they had them on a payroll cuz we're certainly not getting an official way to de/encrypt files to do it ourselves, that would be too prone to the aforementioned cheating.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:30 pm 

Great points.

I'd bet that any changes the community would mke still needs to get pushed through to steamworks to make it into the main game. They would need to cook up a way to streamline and foolproof delivery I think. ie so that ronimo devs aren't getting emails late at night to push bug fixes and stuff that invariably will get introduced.

Maybe they could spin if off as a steam workshop thing so that it can exist as a custom games opt-in mod or something. I don't really see this happening either though.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:05 pm 

If they're going to drop mainline support for the game, I wish they would had chosen to do so before they released Snork gunk and not after :aylaroll:

My Awesomenauts Blog!

TWO-FOUR-SIX-EIGHT: PUT SOME COOKIES ON MY PLATE

My Mission is to show that you can be a top tier player and still not spread hate and stupidity, but be kind and welcoming to others.