Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: End-of-Year Message 2018
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:26 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Hey everyone :D ,

Hope you are all enjoying the festive period! We would like to drop a short message before we sign off for the year.

2018 has been an exciting year for us, and we've started to work on a brand new IP alongside the work we've done on Awesomenauts and Swords & Soldiers II Shawarmageddon! As soon as we have more development news on Awesomenauts and/or our other projects, we’ll be sure to inform you. To stay up-to-date with the latest development news, we would suggest joining the Official Ronimo Discord (link below). If you have any questions or if you just want to hang out with the developers and the community, our Discord is where we are most active. We also stream on Twitch, YouTube and Mixer every Wednesday from 5pm – 6pm Netherlands time. Streamishos usually consist of news, gameplay, giveaways, quirky challenges and Q&As (stream link below). Discord and Streamishos are the most direct and active channels where you can reach us.

If you feel like showing off your skills and starting the new year with a bang, we encourage you to sign up to the Awesome Brawl tournament (link below).

On behalf of everyone at Ronimo Games, I would like to wish you happy holidays!

See you in the new year! :thumb:
Niel

Official Ronimo Discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/ronimo
Streamisho: https://www.twitch.tv/ronimogames
Awesome Brawl Tournament: https://discordapp.com/invite/4YtgNRR

Post subject: Re: End-of-Year Message 2018
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:30 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
Niel wrote:
2018 has been an exciting year for us...

Yes, that's one way to put it.

Waiting eagerly for that new IP, by the way. Feel free to build hype for it by releasing teasers.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:56 pm 

And a happy holidays to all at Ronimo Games and your families too! Very intrigued by this new IP! I hope it has a similar flare to Awesomenauts, as it was the art direction of the game that originally caught my attention!

Would also appreciate knowing to what capacity Awesomenauts will be supported in 2019!

Winner of the Design-Your-Naut 2 contest (Ix the Interloper), and emote creator :yoolip:

Post Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:06 am 
Adminaut

hi :)

Post Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:37 pm 

Happy Holidays to you all. I do hope the new IP will do well.

Quote:
the work we've done on Awesomenauts

You mean:
- 4 characters, 3 of which are broken in either being too strong/weak or just actual bugs that happen
- a slew of unfixed bugs, which probably won't be fixed until June of 2020 considering you have not even mentioned what the new IP will be about in here
- some skins related to a game that will end up selling less than a game like Wonder Wickets which has a whopping 5 people on the dev team

Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:04 pm 

I get that you want to move on and create new projects, but I don't really understand how you guys can be satisfied leaving your flagship title "finished" in its current state. At the very least, please:

- fix the bloody tutorial (the bots still glitch in spawn last time i checked) or make it skippable. if you check steam reviews, you see you are still losing potential new players because of this
- fix some of the more egregious bugs, like Sentry's CoT STILL not doing anything

main: :think:
second: :clap:
occasionally also play: :worship: :sleep: :scoop: :GnawShock: :rocco: :thumb:

Post Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:44 pm 

any chance of spambot prevention methods being implemented for 2019 and beyond

Post Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:59 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
But where will I get my fake passports and other assorted "novelty documents" from if the spambots can't direct me to the relevant sites?

On-topic: People seem to be a lot less forgiving of Ronimo's... questionable choices this time around than they were last year. What changed?

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:09 pm 

Because there was something to look forward to at the start of 2018, and Ronimo came as apologetic for the state of development rather then excited for what was to come.

With the fact that despite constant talk of it we have not had a bug fix for simple issues introduced in the last patch. If you're going to leave Nauts dormant for awhile putting some energy into it for a second to make the experience more enjoyable would've gone a long way, but instead we got Helgo Scoop and that was it.

Also the fact that updates are seemingly going to just come out whenever they feel like it, and that we'll likely not see an update even begun until a a couple months (Just an estimate). Even if they begun one in January it'd need to go through the whole beta cycle, and everything before that meaning an update would take over a month to complete in the first place.

We're gonna get close to a full year with the game having no updates. It's a real test of patience to be honest, and I'm not too happy with this situation.

I feel like Nauts is slowly dying from neglect, and Ronimo is fully aware of it.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:43 pm 

Can't wait to see what your new IP is.

I hope you will also work a bit on Awesomenauts in the future. Even if it's just a very small amount of people behind it.