Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: All-time low player base
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:43 pm 

Ronimo,

Are you doing anything to make the game bounce back?
It's slowly dying, there are many outstanding balance issues and the season hasn't been reset in ages. It's so deserted that even the people saying it's dead aren't hanging around in general chat anymore.

This game has (had?) a lot of promise, with interesting mechanics, funny characters and good voice acting. It feels like it doesn't require much anymore, just some tweaks, to be really successful with tens of thousands of daily players. It would be such a shame to see this franchise die.

I hope you don't plan for more characters before fixing balance, because that'll make it even more difficult for you to find the right balance. I wouldn't be surprised if every time you introduced new characters, you got a short-term boost in player base, but the balance issues made you lose a huge number of players in the long term.

Please let us know your intentions

Post subject: Re: All-time low player base
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:27 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:19 am 

let sleeping games lie

Post Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:42 am 
Ronimo Team Member

We're currently focusing all our development resources on our new IP and are not working on Awesomenauts. When/If we have any news, we'll be sure to announce it on all our channels!

Post Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:47 am 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZw35VUBdzo

The year is 20XX. Everyone can play Awesomenauts to niki levels of perfection. All gameplay has been deemed irrelevant and matches are decided by a game of Roflnauts. All new metas are based on Roflnauts DMs.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:01 am 

No, they aren't doing anything to change it. The ship has unfortunately sailed. Ronimo says this is the "ultimate" version of Awesomenauts and that they are ONLY working on a new IP. In other words, if they ever decide to work on Awesomenauts again, they'll let us know. I wouldn't count on them ever doing that, at least not in a way that will revive the game.

I remember what I recall as the "golden days" of Awesomenauts, if you will. It was the summer of 2013 and the game regularly had thousands of active players at once. (Steamcharts says June 2013 had 7,000 peak players!!) There was always a new Naut on the horizon, always new skins to be excited about, and the forums were really vibrant and active at all hours of the day. It was fun. Over the years it seems a combination of poor business choices, messed up matchmaking, and the eventual shift to free to play sunk the game.

Fast forward to 2018 and you see the failure that was Swords and Soldiers 2: Shawarmageddon. The game released in November, and currently it has 0 active players on Steam, with a 24 hour peak of 3. Awesomenauts is hovering in the low hundreds at peak times, but late at night, it dips into <100 players. And this is the "ultimate version of Awesomenauts," they say.

It really makes me sad, but we have to remember that no good thing lasts forever. This game was really something special for a while, and while it never ascended out of indie-status, I think the people it has touched, made laugh, and inspired will remember it for years and years to come. Don't cry because it's over; smile that it happened. <3

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:56 am 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
What concerns me at the moment is that Ronimo put all that time and effort into Shawarmageddon, under the presumption that it was the next coming of Christ despite the evidence to the contrary, only for that release to bomb harder than the Fat Man...

...but the community's supposed to be excited for the new IP and presumably support it? The new IP that we know even less about than we did Shawarmageddon?

I do hope there's some advertising of it soon. I also hope it's not a mobile game.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:23 am 

The Lord Protector wrote:
I also hope it's not a mobile game.

i really hope they're working on another team vs. team game that's playable with a controller

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:30 pm 

Honestly, Ronimo making a mobile game would be one of the better outcomes of this, lol

The year is 20XX. Everyone can play Awesomenauts to niki levels of perfection. All gameplay has been deemed irrelevant and matches are decided by a game of Roflnauts. All new metas are based on Roflnauts DMs.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:31 am 

stahp