Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: So do the developers even care anymore
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:23 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

I mean, I understand the community has grievances and it's unfortunate that that's the case. I mean anyone is more than welcome to voice any grievances and give us constructive feedback and I'm more than happy and willing to listen to them but we can't promise that anything will be done. We're currently solely focusing on our new IP as we have (internal) development deadlines to meet so we currently don't have any Nauts news. When we do have more Nauts news, we'll be sure to share them with you.

I understand this isn't the reply many of you are looking for but unfortunately, as you all know, the reality is that Nauts has taken a bit of a back seat.

That being said, we've also been trying to do more for Nauts from a non-development standpoint which I can take charge of. For example, introducing an All Nauts week, adding mods into the brawl rotation, giving more support for community hosted events like tournaments, map festivals, art contests, etc, and (hopefully) resetting leaderboards on a more regular interval.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:36 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
Niel wrote:
I mean, I understand the community has grievances and it's unfortunate that that's the case. I mean anyone is more than welcome to voice any grievances and give us constructive feedback and I'm more than happy and willing to listen to them but we can't promise that anything will be done.

I'll be really frank here: stop trying to weasel your way out of situations of your own making.

There is no point in people in this community "voicing their grievances" if they're shouting into the void, and based on the complete and utter lack of developer interaction on these forums, that's exactly what's happening. Don't try and pretend that Ronimo is actually jumping at opportunities to listen to the community as of late, because as far as we can see and are concerned, you're not.

Now, I appreciate that nothing can be promised—that's understandable—but that implies that there's comminication in some form. There's not.

It's harsh but it's the truth.

Niel wrote:
We're currently solely focusing on our new IP as we have (internal) development deadlines to meet so we currently don't have any Nauts news. When we do have more Nauts news, we'll be sure to share them with you.

The problem with this reasoning is that, presumably by the time you have news, it'll be irrelevant. This game isn't going to hang on forever while its dedicated community clutches and scrapes for even the tiniest thing to be excited about.

Niel wrote:
I understand this isn't the reply many of you are looking for but unfortunately, as you all know, the reality is that Nauts has taken a bit of a back seat.

Putting community interaction in the back seat with Awesomenauts wasn't the best move as you prepare to ask these people for their money again when you release the new IP.

Niel wrote:
That being said, we've also been trying to do more for Nauts from a non-development standpoint which I can take charge of. For example, introducing an All Nauts week, adding mods into the brawl rotation, giving more support for community hosted events like tournaments, map festivals, art contests, etc, and (hopefully) resetting leaderboards on a more regular interval.

These are things that, while lovely now, are coming way too late to be of any actual use.

Ronimo needs to stop doing things three months after they were viable.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:08 pm 

forum is long dead
if you actually care about interacting with the community at all you'd be on the discord (there should be more prominent advertising for it)

Post Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:03 pm 

I was going to agree with Kathy... but usually the forums will be the first thing people will find, so it's important to at least keep it maintained imo.

The year is 20XX. Everyone can play Awesomenauts to niki levels of perfection. All gameplay has been deemed irrelevant and matches are decided by a game of Roflnauts. All new metas are based on Roflnauts DMs.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:00 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Sorry if anyone misunderstood us and thought we are trying to ‘weasel’. It’s not our intention.

I understand the frustration of community feedback not being acknowledged and implemented. We do see and read the feedback, perhaps we should do a better job at acknowledging the feedback. However, implementation is unfortunately out of the question at this point in time.

When it comes to community interaction, I do try to check the forums daily, and I’m sure others do as well. But we encourage everyone to join the official Ronimo Discord as that’s where the devs (and the community) are most active. However, it’s a different culture to the one that is on these forums so I understand if some would prefer to stay on the forums. But do keep in mind that we’re much less active on the forums.

Official Ronimo Discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/ronimo

Post Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:33 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
Niel wrote:
I understand the frustration of community feedback not being acknowledged and implemented. We do see and read the feedback, perhaps we should do a better job at acknowledging the feedback. However, implementation is unfortunately out of the question at this point in time.

This has been said over and over again but nothing ever comes of it—that, I think, is where the frustration comes from. Ronimo declares repeatedly that it would like to do better but never actually makes the effort to do that.

It comes across as hollow and placating, especially considering that these people are still buying your product and supporting you as such.

Niel wrote:
When it comes to community interaction, I do try to check the forums daily, and I’m sure others do as well. But we encourage everyone to join the official Ronimo Discord as that’s where the devs (and the community) are most active. However, it’s a different culture to the one that is on these forums so I understand if some would prefer to stay on the forums. But do keep in mind that we’re much less active on the forums.

Official Ronimo Discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/ronimo

Checking the forums is not community interaction, by definition.

Lurking is not interaction.

Nekomian wrote:

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:01 am 

I pretty much agree with Lord Protector completely. While it's nice that we're getting minor changes now I somehow doubt that we're going to see anything for Nauts within a relevant timeframe.

There's no news of the New IP atm, and nothing to really be hyped about except that hopefully maybe that whatever is being created is great, but again there's nothing not even a tease of any sort (At least with SnS 2 we got "A Viking related game" as a teaser)

Ronimo as a company saying this as someone who truly follows this company as much as they can is currently providing me with nothing to be excited for except for things that used to be routine being implemented once again as if it's a huge deal (All Nauts being unlocked as a veteran does nothing, The playerbase is too small for consistent Modded Brawl Matchmaking, and Leaderboard Resets used to be regular), and I would think that others would feel similarly after awhile. We haven't even gotten a basic hotfix for the most glaring bugs in the game because apparently spending ANY time whatsoever with Nauts would be a waste of time vs developing their new IP faster.

Plenty of regulars on the Discord have burned out from there just being nothing. People pop in that have to ask if anything is going to be done, and no matter how much time passes the answer is exact same. We've been getting the "We're working on a New IP 100%" response since December with no additional details from that point onward not even a hint towards where this deadline is. I don't understand how we can open so many avenues of community interaction, but then never see any of these implemented for anything productive.

Ronimo should respect the community they have, and I often feel like at least right now Ronimo is catering to a fanbase they hope will exist after the New IP is made not the one that they currently hold. Same goes for Swords & Soliders 2 being a game created for a fanbase that just wasn't there, and the longevity of it's online community and its failure in the kickstarter proved that.

Edit: Also I wouldn't really call support for the community events really much of anything since it usually just equates to a shoutout and occasional mention at least from what I see. That's all the community members who organize them doing what they can to keep the community alive, but this is more of an observation then anything.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:26 am 
Ronimo Team Member

Sorry for not spelling it out. I try to check these forums daily. I reply if there are messages that need replying to and sometimes reply to messages that don't need replying to. I post announcements and news when there are announcements and news to post. I also do forum maintenance if any needs to be done. Probably a few other things as well that I've missed out. Sorry if anyone had the impression that I was just lurking.

If anyone has any ideas for Nauts from a non-development standpoint, feel free to hit me up, I'm all ears. Discord is where I respond quickest.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:26 pm 

I'm not trying to fan the flames with kerosene, but these people have legitimate criticisms—so much so that they're agreeing with me at this point, which must be a sign of the impending Rapture. Nobody improves by being told they're already perfect, though, and as this is probably the closest we'll get to actual interaction for this year, we might as well make the most of it.

Niel wrote:
I try to check these forums daily.

Why is this always the go-to response? It's not just you, either—every time someone complains about the lack of interaction, it's always "we do try and check the forums" as if that's some monumental task and not literally a fifteen-second endeavour.

Is it unreasonable of these people to ask that the developers of this game check the forums of the game they developed at least semi-frequently? Is that truly unreasonable? How infinitely busy does someone have to be that they can't spare the tiniest moment every now and again?

Niel wrote:
I reply if there are messages that need replying to and sometimes reply to messages that don't need replying to.

If we strip out this thread, you've made ten comments on these forums.

Of those, six are replies to people. The rest are anouncements from "Ronimo".

Niel wrote:
I post announcements and news when there are announcements and news to post.

True, see above.

Niel wrote:
I also do forum maintenance if any needs to be done.

Didn't Alpha effectively just complain that they were really the only person actively helping on these forums, at least as far as that whole wave of spam was concerned? Are there masses of maintenace problems piled up that you're working through?

Also:

Niel wrote:
Sorry for not spelling it out.

Nekomian wrote:

DeezNauts wrote:

Post Posted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:41 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Neko and Morrowsaw made good points about needing to be more active on the forums. So I've been making an effort to do so.

As mentioned in Bots/Spammers thread, bots/spammmers are deleted at least once a day during CET. We're ok with this frequency. Please see actual thread for more details.

As aforementioned, people are free to voice concerns and I'm happy to listen. But unfortunately, there's no implementation at this point in time. Discord is probably where my response time is lowest.

Also as aforementioned, we're allocating all dev resources on our new IP. I'm sure some devs do check the forums regularly and read community feedback but they don't have the time to implement these changes.

Also as aforementioned, we're most active on Discord so please join the Discord if you are unhappy about interaction levels on forums. We're sorry the interaction level of forums is unlikely to change much. https://discordapp.com/invite/ronimo