Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Will Awesomenauts get a final hotfix?
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:21 pm 

It seems a bit abrupt that Ronimo just went a whole year without updates or fixes when there's still a few bugs and issues present. Most games nowadays (even really old ones) at least get one final patch to do any finishing touches or bugfixes so the game is at least in a 100% functioning-as-intended state before the devs stop working on it.

I doubt they'll do anything about these issues at this point, but here's a list of most of the gameplay-affecting issues and obvious bugs:

Bugs:
Snork:
-Sticky Snail sometimes doesn’t inflict damage or slow, it seems to happen more often if you hit the enemy with the return trip.
-Shell bombs don’t spawn sometimes, or spawn stacked on top of Snork, seems to happen more often if you cancel the animation into Sticky Snail.
-Snork is missing artwork on the vs/drop pod screen.
-Bozo Gunk plays regular Snork Gunk voicelines when using shell bombs.

Qitara:
-Chakram sometimes doesn’t do damage to nauts, this applies to every step of the attack. The chakram itself, the shift, and the return. I’ve had cases where I’ve even hit nauts and the shift works as intended, but no damage gets dealt.

Commander Rocket:
-Rocket is missing artwork on the vs/drop pod screen.
-AI bots will attempt to attack Rocket's laser trap.

Ongoing Balance Issues:
-Snork’s Shell Bomb row has bad diversity, as damage, size, and shield are the most commonly picked upgrades. Duration is pointless because you usually use the shell bombs immediately in most engagements, the heal upgrade is a bit gimmicky and doesn’t really fit his playstyle, and knockback pulse COULD potentially have some uses, but I don’t see it picked up often.
-Qitara’s debuff immunity upgrade is practically worthless due to the 100 damage value. The shield usually breaks before debuffs become relevant in a fight.
-Commander Rocket is currently one of the worst characters right now, as he was kinda overnerfed and has huge trouble clearing lanes and contributing to team fights. I think he just needs some simple number increases.
-Dizzy is a bit too slippery to catch if your team lacks lockdown nauts, I think her health should be reduced a bit or her kit tweaked to encourage less passive play with her. She’s an assassin yet most players play her like a speedy pusher.
-Froggy’s AA row needs some price increases to discourage the eel + octopus spam, it’s hard enough to close the gap to Froggy early-game as is.

Obviously the bugs are a bit more of a priority since they're easier to fix, but aside from the stuff mentioned I think the game's in a good state of balance right now.

Post subject: Re: Will Awesomenauts get a final hotfix?
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:52 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
Not happening.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:31 pm 

there is no ronimo
only spambots

Post Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:47 pm 

Spambots are unironically more active in the forums than mods or devs.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:57 am 
Adminaut

Spriter wrote:
Spambots are unironically more active in the forums than mods or devs.

I'm active behind the scenes. Who do you think is banning all of the spambots. :tongue:
Spambots aren't just more active than mods and devs though. Regular users rarely post here anymore too. :lolstar:

I'd like for at least one more bugfix patch as well of course, I don't play the game anymore but that's in part due to the fact that they abandoned it so abruptly when it was clearly still in need of polish. Doesn't need to be completely bug free, but a less buggy experience especially when dealing with some of the newer characters would make the idea of coming back for awhile even with the small player base more appealing.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:56 pm 

I'll pass on another update, no offense to Ronimo but it's highly likely they'll * it up the first time due to either community intervention (ie. giving awful values which they copy paste into a release and thus break the game, which as of right now is in a *relatively* balanced state) or poor insight. It's better to leave it as it is, I'm 110% sure Ronimo doesn't want to divide up their work force on different products when they're working towards their new ip. Though, it would be nice to hear from the devs on a look-back at their experience with Awesomenauts over the last 7 years alongside a teaser for what is to come in the future for the studio. It's common knowledge that the majority of new players to any game in the first release period tend to be previous consumers of the developers old products.

eddster27 wrote:
Slevens wrote:
Toilet paper isn't even mandatory though.
ikr u can just use yesterday's paper

Oil_Rope_Bombs wrote:
Lol, all you loser nerds can complain about is "muh leaderboards"

Baixst wrote:
More then one waifu will destroy your laifu.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:51 am 

Slevens wrote:
It's common knowledge that the majority of new players to any game in the first release period tend to be previous consumers of the developers old products.

Watching the slow-motion train wreck of Awesomenauts makes me very hesitant to continue supporting ronimo. The game itself was fun, but the mentality behind its development was extremely boomer.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:49 am 

Person wrote:
I'm 110% sure Ronimo doesn't want to divide up their work force on different products

All of two people coding it :ksenia: