Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Error: "Cannot create D3D9 pixel shader from microcode"
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:12 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

This is not the same error as this topic is about, but okay. Have you tried setting the graphics quality to Very low? You can do this in-game in the settings menu.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:25 pm 

Sorry it didn't work for me .. im still getting the same error they are and i have no idea what to do =(

Post Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:54 pm 

Joost wrote:
This is not the same error as this topic is about, but okay. Have you tried setting the graphics quality to Very low? You can do this in-game in the settings menu.

it was already recommended for me

Post Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:22 am 

I tried both the "Very low" graphics settings, and 54 and 128 to 50 fixes, however the error still seems to persist... any idea if i might be able to find a fix?
I have an ATI Radeon X1200 series card... and this error seems to persist. Any help available?

Post Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:45 pm 

Yes! I CAN PLAY!! It's a very amazing game.. i will posting videos on my youtube account of me playing this EPIC game :D

Post Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:13 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Blue wrote:
I tried both the "Very low" graphics settings, and 54 and 128 to 50 fixes, however the error still seems to persist... any idea if i might be able to find a fix?
I have an ATI Radeon X1200 series card... and this error seems to persist. Any help available?

I hope I will have time to put a patch online this weekend, and hopefully that will fix it. That specific card should be able to run the game after the fixes mentioned in this topic, because it is of the exact same Ati generation.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:49 pm 

It looks like I have the same issue. But your solution to select low quality in game is not an option for me as the error comes up in front of a black screen as soon as I try to run Proun on my Windows XP box.
I have an X1300 - which copes fine with most games, even up to COD WAW.

Do you have a solution which works for ATI Radeons? I hope so, as your demo vid looks awesome.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:23 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Did you see the posts about editing one of the shader files earlier in this topic? That seems to fix the startup issues on your specific Radeon card. I intend to turn that into a patch really soon, but in the meanwhile you can give that a try.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:37 am 

Any solutions for the shader model 2 problem? I've tried the ones mentioned above but they didn't work. I have a X800XL graphics card, WinXP.

---------------------------
An exception has occured!
OGRE EXCEPTION(3:RenderingAPIException): Cannot create D3D9 pixel shader Cg_DoF_SM2x_16samplesA_FP from microcode. in D3D9GpuFragmentProgram::loadFromMicrocode at ..\..\..\ogre\RenderSystems\Direct3D9\src\OgreD3D9GpuProgram.cpp (line 369)
OK

Thanks

Post Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:39 pm 

I am getting the same error as person above after applying both fixes (editing DofPostEffect.cg file and setting Very Low graphics quality). The only exception is, I am running PS3.0 capable Mobility Radeon X2300 (derivative from MR X1300 with GDDR3 memory and 80nm process instead of 90nm), and I have Cg_DoF_SM3_64samples_FP shader error. Everything else is the same (even the line of an error). What else can be done? I am using both - Windows XP and 7 - it doesn't matter. My laptop is HP Compaq 6910p.