Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: HELP!
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:08 am 

i want to make a track :) but when i put any object in any color... it stay white in the game ?!?!
and i want to know... how to put texture on objects or how to make objects in other colors and what about the background ? how can i make the background in other colors ?? it is black...
help please ? :!: :?:

Post subject: Re: HELP!
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:35 am 

please help !?!? i just want to know how to put textures on objects and how to make the background in other color (it's black) :'( please ?

Post Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:05 pm 

So that the texture appears in game, you need to to put it in the file of your level (New Track by default) in Proun/Tracks.

To change the background of color, you can include your level in a big sphere with a texture applied on. ;)

Post Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:11 pm 

Yeah what Reyden said lolz.

Edit: Argh the texture I have don't work with Proun, time to see if I can make my stuff look close to how they look now using bitmap only :(

Post Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:36 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

@radster69:
Most common file formats should work with Proun: jpg, bmp, dds, png, tga. What kind of file were you trying to use?

@96 GHOST:
To make colours work, you need to assign a material to an object. Press M in 3dsmax to open the material editor and look for the "assign material to selection" button. That's the button with the red circle around it in this image:

Post Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:37 am 

Umm not sure on the file formats of them they are just the maps you have with 3ds max, like noise and gradient and stuff.

But this is what the textures look like altogether.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Post Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:36 pm 

thank you ALL! that's really help :D

Post Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:42 pm 

well... there is one problem... i'm using 3Ds MAX 2012... so... it's not the same... can you still help me ?

edit : oh now it's ok! thank you very much... i'm new in it so... i don't know a lot :) thank you all XD

Post Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:07 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

radster69 wrote:
Umm not sure on the file formats of them they are just the maps you have with 3ds max, like noise and gradient and stuff.

But this is what the textures look like altogether.

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/9426/planet3dsmax.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Those kinds of maps don't work in real-time games, they only work inside 3D Studio Max. To make textures that work in Proun (or in any other game) you need to create images (for example in Photoshop, or downloaded from the internet) and apply those to your objects. Right now you put something like Noise or Smoke in the diffuse slot of your material, but you should use Bitmap instead.