Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Question about mapping
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:02 pm 

Hi there strangers !
So, I'm working on a track and one model is as long as the spline itself... problem is, textures.

I made a texture to repeat itself during the whole model (let say it's a road for exemple) with generate mapping coordinates (wich can follow the curves of the road). Once in Proun, it's just the texture, single time, on all the model.

As I understand it, Proun only accept bitmap of diffuse and that's it (no UVW Mapping or tiles). Is there any way to fix that ? (I tried long texture like a 16x1024 px, but it result on pretty poor quality of course. Don't wanna make VERY large texture (overload).

Post subject: Re: Question about mapping
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:44 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Proun supports proper texturing and UVs. I am not sure how you are getting them now, are you using a loft object?

Have you tried applying a UVW Map modifier to your object? (Just to see whether that works.)

Proun only uses Map Channel 1 for texturing, are you using another mapping channel?

Post Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:49 pm 

In fact it's a tube, the main spline (the track) is inside of it, and I want the texture to tilein the tube and follow the curves of it. Each time I try UVW Map, I get stretch texture... I'll make some screenshot to be clearer.

Here is a test screenshot.

I have a tube, and a simple texture with one black line on blank background (just to test) :
http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/73/20110703225602.jpg

It follow the tube and tile all along... I'm not much into mapping for the moment so it's kinda new :/

Post Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:14 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Are you setting any mapping numbers in the material editor? Like offset or tiling? In case you are: Proun does not support that. You need to do the entire mapping in modifiers, the material editor can only be used to define which texture goes on the object.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:19 pm 

Oh ok, so that totally the case (tilling). I'll probably do it an other way... Get back to you once I (or someone else since I'm helped right now) find a way.

It could always help someone.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:27 pm 

Ok so, in was "simple" (not if your like me, not used to mapping).

one word : Unwrap, that's it :p

Thanks Joost ! Be sharing my track soon ;)

Post Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:46 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Cool, good to hear you figured it out! Looking forward to seeing what you are making! 8-)

Post Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:37 pm 

Oh, I will definitly share it. It's almost done, just have to add obstacles (as soon as I figure what :p).

Thanks to you, I've done some UV Map for the first time (so, it will probably not be perfect).