Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Awesomenauts Mega Brawl is now underway!
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:03 am 

The results are in, and the champions of the Awesomenauts Mega Brawl are...

*Drum roll*

Jane Goodall and the Chimps! (Discovery Channel)

Coming in second is team 3 Headed Monkey!

And in third, team BOSS!

Thank you to all participants, and I would like to apologize to not being able to stream, however there were some issues with internet and such. I'd also like to apologize for it taking so long to wrap up.

Now if you tuned in to the APLi stream, you may have heard that I have joined up with those fine fellows in hopes of creating an amazing competitive experience for everyone! We will have an announcement put up in the near future once we iron out any and all bumps. Be sure to watch for that, and have yourself an amazing day!

Bracket

Steam Group! / Rules!

Bracket

Steam Group! / Rules!

Please make it happen Ronimo

Jezusiseenmeisje wrote:
Yuri really is a sadistic monkey. :chew:

Steam ID: Khashix

Last edited by Khashix on Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:52 pm, edited 59 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Monthly Awesomenauts Tournament (Needs a name)
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:20 am 

I don't know but now that Im 1st here to comment, I would suggest to ALL tournament keepers to have separate tournament for Lg1 and Lg2. Because 98% sure lg1 team will always win.
"what if there is 1 or 2 lg1 in team?" Then it's lg1 team.

When tournament is about rewards, team nerf, awful and other APL winner are always there to wolf down the prices. I dont see lg1 and lg2 boxers fightning in boxing tournament. We should have same if we have enough players.

Restless Frager wrote:
There's nobody decent to have on your team because they all play in premades, you won't matchmake into them.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:55 pm 

Retarduckstein wrote:
I don't know but now that Im 1st here to comment, I would suggest to ALL tournament keepers to have separate tournament for Lg1 and Lg2. Because 98% sure lg1 team will always win.

When tournament is about rewards, team nerf, awful and other APL winner are always there to wolf down the prices. I dont see lg1 and lg2 boxers fightning in boxing tournament. We should have same if we have enough players.

Hm, good idea! I'll try to work that in somehow.

Edit: Now that I think about it, being in League 1 does not necessarily mean you'd be crushing a team from League 2. With this wonky ranking system of ours, I think it'd be best to hold off on the split leagues.

Please make it happen Ronimo

Jezusiseenmeisje wrote:
Yuri really is a sadistic monkey. :chew:

Steam ID: Khashix

Last edited by Khashix on Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:37 pm 

Regional tournaments. Playing against a 600 ping is not fun for either of the parties.

Edit: Grammar.

A proud member of ScandiNauts, the Scandinavian Awesomenauts team.

Last edited by ControlFreak on Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:07 pm 

And isn't Sam! doing something like this? or what happened to that topic did it die or something?

Twitch: Ranumie5
Steam: Ranumies

Post Posted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:12 pm 
Adminaut

Retarduckstein wrote:

I don't think we have enough teams to sustain a split like this if you want a reasonably-sized bracket, especially not for regular events. Also, even if you did set up two leagues, using the in-game leaderboard ranking to determine who goes where is about the worst way to go about it.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:14 pm 

Retarduckstein wrote:

ControlFreak wrote:
Regional tournaments. Playing against a 600 ping is not fun either of the parties.

Both of these things.

Not necessarily set in stone with the League 1 and 2 thing, as the leaderboar ranking doesn't tell everything about a team's skill level. But the point is that there should be sort of like "heavyweights" and "featherweights" or something like that, if it's at all possible.

Also having these tournaments without any servers can be problematic sometimes, as lag can be a serious issue for some teams.

Not sure if there are enough players for these kinds of things though, let alone both at the same time.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:17 pm 

Niko wrote:
Retarduckstein wrote:

I don't think we have enough teams to sustain a split like this if you want a reasonably-sized bracket, especially not for regular events. Also, even if you did set up two leagues, using the in-game leaderboard ranking to determine who goes where is about the worst way to go about it.

Yea you might be right about not having enough teams but it's still better option to choose teams by leader board rank than having these Lg1 winners be against casual teams. I mean, I participated in 3 tournaments, for the first time. Our team did fairly good. We won many matches but after we got into semi finals or almost there, we just HAD TO fight against APL tournament teams.
Ofc they won, what else, we were barely a challenge. You might just well give the prices to those certain teams every time they just honk their names in tourney.

Restless Frager wrote:
There's nobody decent to have on your team because they all play in premades, you won't matchmake into them.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:22 pm 

Retarduckstein wrote:
Niko wrote:
Retarduckstein wrote:

Yea you might be right about not having enough teams but it's still better option to choose teams by leader board rank than having these Lg1 winners be against casual teams. I mean, I participated in 3 tournaments, for the first time. Our team did fairly good. We won many matches but after we got into semi finals or almost there, we just HAD TO fight against APL tournament teams.
Ofc they won, what else, we were barely a challenge. You might just well give the prices to those certain teams every time they just honk their names in tourney.

Team Discovery Channel was never in any APL and we were formed upon announcement of the fan tournament.

Every Voltar main wrote:
The keyboard is mightier than the sword.

Though no one seems to understand how rare it is for a woman to be like me.
Good luck with that.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:23 pm 

As for dividing the 2 groups you could take the mean rankings of each team, add all the mean rankings together, and then divide the value with 2. The ones that are below that value is in one group, and the rest in the other.

I don't know if that will work, but it seems like the most fair option in my opinion.

A proud member of ScandiNauts, the Scandinavian Awesomenauts team.