Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Changes and fixes to paths and namedAreas
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:44 pm 

hurleybird wrote:
... Ronimo just needs to move the nodes around to take momentum into account so that bots are less likely to fall down before they can jump. ...

This waypoint could also use to be moved back a bit. Tall nauts tend to trip the waypoint without actually climbing all the way up the platform and fall back down when trying to reach the top of the drill. Also, there should probably be a node on the platform too. The path above the platform probably doesn't need to exist, and it's getting my bots stuck in a nasty loop

EDIT: Map is Ribbit IV

Last edited by chaorace on Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:31 am 
Ronimo Team Member

From this topic: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=31968

chaorace wrote:
Hey all, noticed these bugs while poking around the AI Station Waypoints :monkey:

Duplicate waypoints (More than one of the same name):
* NeutralSidespot_0
* NeutralSidespot_1

Misspelled waypoints (Spelled inconsistently with similar waypoints):
* BottemLeftTower_0

Missing doubles (Traditionally has a mirror waypoint on the other side of the map, but seems to be missing):
* BottemLeftTower_0
* LaunchLeft (no LaunchRight)

Post Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:52 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

I have made a number of changes to the pathing nodes of the maps, mostly based on the feedback in this topic. These changes will go live in the beta for patch 2.6. I have searched through the new bots and I don't think they actually used any of the renamed/removed identifiers, so I hope this will not create any new issues. Modders can make fixes to their bots during the beta for 2.6 to make use of these changes.

I have not had time to create additional namedAreas and paths for flyers yet. I hope to get around to that before the final launch of patch 2.6.

Changed visualisation of paths
-Red and blue now mean the path is only usable by that team
-Green now means the path is only usable by certain classes
-Pink now means the path is not usable by certain classes
-A path is made darker if it is currently not available to certain teams because it collides with something (usually a teamwall)
-Paths that dynamically check for collision now vibrate slightly

All maps:
-Launch pads at the base that only work for one team are now ignored by the other team in pathfinding
-On several maps added possibility to go behind the enemy base. Use this by targeting the new BehindDrill node identifier. The BossSpot identifier has been removed on all maps that had it.

Ribbit IV
-Nodes renamed/changed: neutral_left1, LAUNCHLEFT/LAUNCHRIGHT, BOTTOMLEFT_TOWER2, UPPERLEFT_TOWER2
-Node names added: solarboss, healthBehindSolarBoss, hideAreaTop, hideAreaBottom, firstHP_0, upperFirstTower, bottomFirstTower, hideAreaCentre
-Made two paths in the jungle for everyone instead of only for Yuri
-Made two paths to centre-top-HP for everyone instead of only for Yuri
-On both sides removed a path to the top health behind the turret to hopefully fix issues of bots getting stuck there

Sorona
-Node names added: bottomFirstTower, wormButton, jumppadCenter, upperFirstTower, bottomSecondTower, launch
-Removed node name: upperhp (the one at the centre without a team postfix: there was no healthpack there)

Aiguillon
-Nodes added: upperFirstTower, bottomFirstTower, upperSecondTower, bottomSecondTower, hideAreaTop, invisibilityItem, launch
-Changed the little loop behind the drillcore to what several other maps also have
-On both sides moved position of path node on the glass platform behind the turret a bit more towards the second turret to keep bots from gliding off

AI Station 404
-Node names added: upperSecondTower, bottomSecondTower, launch
-Removed leftbutton/rightbutton (there was no button there)
-Removed node name: NeutralSidespot (these were double)
-Changed the little loop behind the drillcore to what several other maps also have

Post Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:57 am 
Ronimo Team Member

Also added these now:

Joost wrote:
-On several maps added possibility to go behind the enemy base. Use this by targeting the new BehindDrill node identifier. The BossSpot identifier has been removed on all maps that had it.

Changed visualisation of paths
-Red and blue now mean the path is only usable by that team
-Green now means the path is only usable by certain classes
-Pink now means the path is not usable by certain classes
-A path is made darker if it is currently not available to certain teams because it collides with something (usually a teamwall)
-Paths that dynamically check for collision now vibrate slightly

Post Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:05 pm 

Is there supposed to be no path upward through the fire on AI 205? I see a path downward that gets blocked by the fire, but no path upward.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:07 pm 

AI 205
Joost, I think bots are having trouble using the jumppads, because the area "No down jump" is blocking the ability to get to the jumppads.

My Skølldir wanted to go to the top lane, but was just running around at the jump-pads because he couldn't jump down.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:14 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

gmfreaky wrote:
Is there supposed to be no path upward through the fire on AI 205? I see a path downward that gets blocked by the fire, but no path upward.

That is intentional, yes. Going around for the jumppads is just as fast and keeps bots from taking too long to get through when the fire comes.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:45 pm 

Joost wrote:
gmfreaky wrote:

That is intentional, yes. Going around for the jumppads is just as fast and keeps bots from taking too long to get through when the fire comes.

How would one check whether the fire is on?

(Also check my post above)

Post Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:36 pm 

FlawlessHair wrote:
Joost wrote:
gmfreaky wrote:

How would one check whether the fire is on?

(Also check my post above)

I'm working on a toolkit for this. Although, you guys could help me out by telling me how long the intervals are.

EDIT: I think the fire starts on, and fire is on for 7 secs then off for 10. Some confirmation would be nice.

Bots I've made:

[In-Game] Derpl viewtopic.php?f=23&t=35642 :drool:

http://imgur.com/5P0Ais3

Last edited by TheMesp on Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:45 pm 

Joost wrote:
Sorona
-Node names added: wormButton

is it possible you could add a Named Area in the worm pit and on the platform where the button is as well?