Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts



Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Author Message
 Post subject: [GAMEMODE] Flawless' Traditional Tower Defence
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:16 pm
Posts: 1605
Location: Dænmårk
Flawless TTD

Hey. I made a new tower defence thingy.

Let me explain how things work.
When you spawn you'll see this:
Image
Alright, so you touch the beacon here, to switch between how much money you have, and which towers you can select.

Melee droid = 1
Leon = 5
Super droid = 10
Sentry = 20
Solarboss = 50
Bull = 100

To place a tower you first need to select the one you want.
Image
Press 2 [HELP] to select the tower. If a beacon appears, you have selected it.
(Note that any button you have to press is a command. 2 [HELP], 3 [DEFEND], 4 [ATTACK])

This is how you place a tower:
Image
Upgrades are timed the level you want to buy.
Buy the tower = Price of the tower
Level 2 = Price*2
Level 3 = Price*3
Level 4 = Price*4
Level 5 = Price*5

Want to sell a tower? Press 3 [DEFEND] close to it.
You get just as much money from selling it, as you spent on it.

Alright, now you just need to start the wave.
Press 4 [ATTACK], anywhere.

Image

v0.9 Showcase
Download v1.7

WARNING: May crash

Works on all maps except AI205

Installation:
- Download the file.
- Place all files (not the .rar file) in Awesomenauts/Data/BehavioursCustom
(Make sure the folder has no other .xml files in it, while doing so)

How to customize the game:
Maximum amount of bots per team = 1
Droid respawn rate = x0
Critter respawn rate = x0
Turrets = [UNCHECK]
Shop available anywhere = [CHECK]
Custom respawn times = [CHECK]
Increase respawn time per 100 solar earned = x0
Load modded A.I.s for bots (if available) = [CHECK]


Last edited by FlawlessHair on Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:46 pm, edited 33 times in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [GAMEMODE] Flawless' Tradition Tower Defence
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:38 am
Posts: 36
What if you remapped your help button? Do you still press "2" or you press your new help button? Maybe update the guide to reflect that.

This kind of reminds me of Sanctum; a combination of tower defense and fighting. Good work!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [GAMEMODE] Flawless' Tradition Tower Defence
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:16 pm
Posts: 1605
Location: Dænmårk
beardedlinuxgeek wrote:
What if you remapped your help button? Do you still press "2" or you press your new help button? Maybe update the guide to reflect that.

This kind of reminds me of Sanctum; a combination of tower defense and fighting. Good work!


Right. You have to press help.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [GAMEMODE] Flawless' Traditional Tower Defence
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:41 am
Posts: 351
Cool. I love tower defense games, albeit this one is rather simplistic due to your limitations in implementation (and yeah I heard you say a night's work or so as well). Great that you're being creative in terms of design, though.

One bug I found and one non-bug I assume but curious: at the beginning of the game I have available to me Lonestar tower (1) and Genji tower (3?) and a Leon in my wallet (5)--using Lonestar seems to deduct money as intended but Genji did not seem to as I could set one on every spot before starting wave 1. I forget if tried upgrading the Genji's and did not test any other 'towers'.

My second question or w/e: the video shows upgrades represented as drones with a replaced model, but in my test they appeared as blue beacons. I want to say you couldn't use the models using solely the AI tools anyway and this was just some fun on your part.

Another point I should maybe make is this is my first time downloading and trying to run a custom match with custom AIs. I assumed I just throw everything in BehavioursCustom and tick the box in-game and it appears that's correct. Having just read the sticky to write that last sentence I noticed some specifics about allowSameClass. In my two short-short test runs I ticked that thinking it would do no harm but maybe I was wrong. I already wrote all this so I will post anyway and maybe edit if I go back to check that possibility haha.

Also as global chat is broken it is unfortunately not possible for many to gather a group of 3 to test. Though I suppose the rules would be a pain to explain as well. I guess I'm also assuming this is for a team of three when it could be made for solo mainly... Judging by me typing way too much above this I guess the pills are working now bye.

Edit:ran one quick test with 'allow same naut' turned off. I was able to buy 3 Genji's right off the bat (I did not try to place them in every spot). I was able to upgrade one of them (after placing them) and 3 monies were deducted (1 Leon -> 2 saw droids). Btw all I can think of is MissingNo. from Pokemon when i see the M bots...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [GAMEMODE] Flawless' Traditional Tower Defence
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:01 pm
Posts: 3198
Location: France
FlawlessHair wrote:
[/img]http://puu.sh/h1vTQ/c997474de4.jpg[/img]


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUDqp4TrQUI

_________________
Mains: :ayla: :rae:
Subs: :voltarroll: :drool: :party: :worship:
ant wrote:
game needs more drastic, controversial changes so i can read more salty posts

Kailler wrote:
Democracy. Does. Not. Work.

Steam


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [GAMEMODE] Flawless' Traditional Tower Defence
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:16 pm
Posts: 1605
Location: Dænmårk
stev wrote:
Cool. I love tower defense games, albeit this one is rather simplistic due to your limitations in implementation (and yeah I heard you say a night's work or so as well). Great that you're being creative in terms of design, though.

Thanks ^_^

stev wrote:
One bug I found and one non-bug I assume but curious: at the beginning of the game I have available to me Lonestar tower (1) and Genji tower (3?) and a Leon in my wallet (5)--using Lonestar seems to deduct money as intended but Genji did not seem to as I could set one on every spot before starting wave 1. I forget if tried upgrading the Genji's and did not test any other 'towers'.

Thanks for reporting. I'll get back to that.
EDIT: Fixed

stev wrote:
My second question or w/e: the video shows upgrades represented as drones with a replaced model, but in my test they appeared as blue beacons. I want to say you couldn't use the models using solely the AI tools anyway and this was just some fun on your part.

It turned out the droids I used in the video moved quite a bit, which was unintented, so I changed them to something that fits better.

stev wrote:
Another point I should maybe make is this is my first time downloading and trying to run a custom match with custom AIs. I assumed I just throw everything in BehavioursCustom and tick the box in-game and it appears that's correct. Having just read the sticky to write that last sentence I noticed some specifics about allowSameClass. In my two short-short test runs I ticked that thinking it would do no harm but maybe I was wrong. I already wrote all this so I will post anyway and maybe edit if I go back to check that possibility haha.

I should probably explain all this.
AllowSameClass has nothing to do with anything.
You're only supposed to have 1 mod installed at a time.

stev wrote:
Also as global chat is broken it is unfortunately not possible for many to gather a group of 3 to test. Though I suppose the rules would be a pain to explain as well. I guess I'm also assuming this is for a team of three when it could be made for solo mainly... Judging by me typing way too much above this I guess the pills are working now bye.

Edit:ran one quick test with 'allow same naut' turned off. I was able to buy 3 Genji's right off the bat (I did not try to place them in every spot). I was able to upgrade one of them (after placing them) and 3 monies were deducted (1 Leon -> 2 saw droids). Btw all I can think of is MissingNo. from Pokemon when i see the M bots...


I suggest you don't play with 3 people. With voice commands and all that, it'll just be a pain.

Reifiui wrote:
FlawlessHair wrote:
[/img]http://puu.sh/h1vTQ/c997474de4.jpg[/img]


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUDqp4TrQUI

Thanks fixed


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [GAMEMODE] Flawless' Traditional Tower Defence
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:01 pm
Posts: 3198
Location: France
I found a bug: With Voltar's Healwave with Knockback on it, if you have a bit of luck and the right angle you can duplicate towers (after one attack the Lonestar towers disappear but not the Genji ones)
Image

_________________
Mains: :ayla: :rae:
Subs: :voltarroll: :drool: :party: :worship:
ant wrote:
game needs more drastic, controversial changes so i can read more salty posts

Kailler wrote:
Democracy. Does. Not. Work.

Steam


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [GAMEMODE] Flawless' Traditional Tower Defence
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:16 pm
Posts: 1605
Location: Dænmårk
Huh?
You can move them? You mean that they don't die when they get too far away from their point?

EDIT: Just tested this, and yes, it's true.
I'll have to fix this.
Fixed


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [GAMEMODE] Flawless' Traditional Tower Defence
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:16 pm
Posts: 1605
Location: Dænmårk
UPDATE v1.1

v1.1
Fixed that you could push towers away if you had enough knockback.
Enemies give less reward
Added Clunk tower. It's really bad and really cheap but Mesp wanted it so let him have it
Spawns an exploding clunk
Can be upgraded for less cooldown
Price = 1 money
Will be removed later

Changed tower prices:
Lonestar = 4 money
Genji = 2 money
Yuri = 10 money

Nerfed Lonestar and Genji towers
Added droids on the second lane. Spawn after 5 rounds (I think)
Added Tower Points at second lane.
Enemies are easier in the first waves.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [GAMEMODE] Flawless' Traditional Tower Defence
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:16 pm
Posts: 1605
Location: Dænmårk
UPDATE v1.2

v1.2
Changed Clunk tower:
New cost: 40
Spawns 4 clunks.
BUG: If it dies, it's cooldown is reset.

Reverted Lonestar tower:
Cost: 4
Shoots at enemies.

Removed Nibbs wave start. To start a wave, press 4 anywhere.
Wave difficulty increases.
Added more money characters.
Solarboss: 50
Bull: 100

Moved spawnpoints on bottom lane of Ribbit.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next