Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Swords & Soldiers

Post subject: ladder seems to be broken
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:45 pm 

hey guys. I love this game its so funny. just started to play a bit online and its fun as hell because the factions are pretty nicely balanced so far as I can tell.

but the ladder... I dont know. look at the top ten and you get what I mean. theres no way in the world someone can have such high winning percentages in a RTS stile game. This is only possible in fighting games for example but from my experience you dont get above 60/70% (max) in a more or less balanced rts. maybe here it is possible because the game is far less complex than the standart rts games. but Iam 99% sure that those ppl are either cheating (drop hack comes to mind) or exploiting the ladder somehow.

what do you think?

Post subject: Re: ladder seems to be broken
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:47 pm 

play against friends, and U will c why it looks like that

Post Posted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:32 pm 

Mario64a wrote:
play against friends, and U will c why it looks like that

ah then I assume they just farm wins through that. seems pretty fail that friend vs friend matches give ranking points lol.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:39 pm 

Some1 else posted that allready, that's why I know that was the answer. Maybe that can be changed in another update, I don't know

Post Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:33 am 
Ronimo Team Member

Friends are not the reason for this problem, although they could be exploited for this. The real reason is that the player base is not as large as in the big RTS-games. In Starcraft II, if you look for a match, the game can choose from a hundred players the player whose skill mathes yours best. In Swords & Soldiers there are usually only a few people looking for a match at the same time, so if you are really good, you will often still play against a beginner, for the simple reason that there are no pro players looking for a match at the same time.

So if you can somewhere get us a million more players, the ladders will automatically be fixed... ;)

Post Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:59 pm 

Joost wrote:
So if you can somewhere get us a million more players, the ladders will automatically be fixed... ;)

I don't have that much amount of money 2 pay 4 the game a million times and send them 2 lots of people, haha :monkey:

Post Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:13 pm 

I was thinking the same thing. The moment I bought the game, I checked the ladder to see what the rankings were, and there was one guy with like 420 wins and 10 losses.

the first thing that comes to mind is something like drop hacking

but as joost said, that makes sense.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:48 am 

Honestly, My record is 51-4 on this game so far and I love it. I usually win within 3-4 minutes but there have been a few people that actually got the edge and beat me. I think its just that there are so many people who just hop online and don't do the single player so they have no idea how to even use the units together. The only bad thing is the leaderboard messed up and now says I have won 10/55 when it should say 51!!!!! I dont think you can cheat on this game, but I definitely think Vikings are the hardest to win with.