Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: KsenAI - An autonomous hairdresser bot.
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:08 am 

KsenAI
An autonomous hairdresser bot. Now available for personal computers. Now contains 50% less chemicals.

Please note that this "info-page" may be a little bit outdated sometimes because I'm way too lazy to update it. Check updates notes in the newest posts for 2.13+ information (2015-12-11).

Short story about this bot: I was bored and thought that it could be cool to do something creative and productive. I have decided to try to make bot for Awesomenauts. I have also tried to make it useful.

At first she was mainly based on Leon bot from example ais direction. Later she had some parts of Ayla, Swiggins and Coco bots. Now she's almost fully reworked. Still some parts of her are based on other bots - why shouldn't we use something that is already checked and working?

Things KsenAI can do:
    Everything that any VeankoAI can do.
    Everything that any bot with AwesomebotsCommonLib can do.
    She can escape platforms glitch above first top turrets in Ribbit IV.
    She can use both of her skills and autoattack.

Now less obvious things:
    Scissors Throw
    KsenAI counts her knives number and based on this and her upgrades she predicts if she can kill target. If she has plenty of knives she may also use them to push. KsenAI no more use reload cheats. This may change if she will not perform really good (counting algorithm is not perfect; I did not find way to access her ammo amount directly).

Stealth (or whatever it is called)
    KsenAI uses her second ability in couple of situations. First of all she uses it to escape. If she is more than 39% bot, she may use it when her target is near (player target). She uses it also when she is in furrball fight and when she is near enemy turret with no allied droids or with more than one enemy naut (2+). If she has knives reload upgrade, she may use it also to recover knives if her counter is less or equal 0.[/list

I would like to thank:
    [list]- gamepedia editors
    - other bot makers
    - Ronimo

Now... I would love to know how she performs! Please, test it if you can! Alone, with your family, friends or dog. After that leave comment here - any bug reports, suggestions or reviews are welcome!

Download

Text updated: 2015-12-11 15:07 CET.
    Download updated: 2017-04-29 15:23 CEST.

Old Post wrote:
Duh! I was bored and tried to learn how to make custom bots. That's the result of my boredom. Probably the worst hairdresser in the universe: KsenAI (whatever...).

Things that hopefully will change:
I'm still not satisfied with her pushing abilities :shrug: . I want her to have a little bit more droid/creep kills in the end of the match.
Her stealth is mostly based on Leon's one :LeonWink: , but after few hours of learning stuff I feel like in close future I will be able to make it fit Ksenia's gamestyle.
For now she cheats a little bit but I won't tell you how and I think it is not really game-breaking :ksenia:.

Here you can download her: http://moreloweciastko.hol.es/misc/KsenAI.zip :weedling:

Of course I would like to thank all of the authors of gamepedia's AI Editor page for making it, Joost for AI modding guide topic and authors of Example and General AIs for their effort (hope you are not angry for learing on your stuff :GnawCry: )

Suggestions, comments or bug reports (as long as I can fix them :GnawCry: ) are welcome!

Last edited by Aki on Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:23 pm, edited 15 times in total.

Post subject: Re: [Bot: Ksenia] The worst hairdresser in the universe!
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:11 am 

Aki wrote:
Of course I would like to thank all of the authors of gamepedia's AI Editor page for making it

Hey, that's me! (at least one of them is)

I'll test your bot when I get a chance. It will be interesting to see how LeonAI's long-range gank logic works with Ksenia's short invisibility duration.

Veanko wrote:
Ignotis the hedgehog confirmed

STEAM

Post Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:57 pm 

Fixed throwing mechanics a little bit, added some difficulty checks to make her play (even) worse at lower AI settings. Added priorities to shop, so she doesn't buy now just the most expensive, affordable at that moment upgrade. She will buy her priorities first then other stuff.
Annndd... Day twelve: I still don't kill droids. I like juking instead. Juking is the best. 20 kills after 12 minutes or so... :shrug:

Things to change (from most important): AA / droid and creeps killing, making throwing deadlier, stealth mechanics (it works pretty nice for now).

Post Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:38 pm 

Cool - a Ksenia bot. And by someone new, too! Welcome to SomeN (our name for the botmaking community)!

I'll test this when I get the time (i.e. when I get home - 7 hours). Best of luck!

Bots I've made:

[In-Game] Derpl viewtopic.php?f=23&t=35642 :drool:

http://imgur.com/5P0Ais3

Post Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:58 pm 

Just tested with Flawless, bot works great! Only complaint is that she gets stuck above top tower on ribbit, the spot with the health. I wrote a fix for my derpl bot - if you want.

Bots I've made:

Post Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:11 pm 

TheMesp wrote:
Just tested with Flawless, bot works great! Only complaint is that she gets stuck above top tower on ribbit, the spot with the health. I wrote a fix for my derpl bot - if you want.

Did you make sure the fix doesn't cause him to get stuck any longer? If you're just checking the map, there are spots on the top lane in Ribbit I worry could cause problems.

Veanko wrote:

STEAM

Post Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:44 pm 

TheMesp wrote:
Welcome to SomeN (our name for the botmaking community)!

Thanks!

TheMesp wrote:

I have played couple of matches on Ribbit to check it and she was never stuck in there for me. I'm pretty sure that Mod_AwesomebotsCommonLib.xml has fix for it and I do use it in this Ksenia bot. But anyway, just in case, I have added the one you have mentioned - from your Derpl bot. I might have been just lucky.

From other stuff: polishing her scissors throw (I'm almost satisfied. Almost.), still complaining about pushing (due to it she's rather useless in early game, well she initiates pretty well) and started working on stealth to make it fit her a little bit more. :bluecheer:

Updated - same link - first post.

Edit: Update went live at 23:56 CET due to problems with FTP client. I didn't notice it gave me error and left it somewhere in the background :aylaroll: .

Last edited by Aki on Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:39 pm 

Aki wrote:
I have played couple of matches on Ribbit to check it and she was never stuck in there for me. I'm pretty sure that Mod_AwesomebotsCommonLib.xml has fix for it and I do use it in this Ksenia bot. But anyway, just in case, I have added the one you have mentioned - from your Derpl bot. I might have been just lucky.

It does have a fix, but I haven't totally verified that it works. I haven't seen my bots get stuck there since, but that doesn't mean that they do not.

Veanko wrote:

STEAM

Post Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:30 pm 

Aki wrote:
TheMesp wrote:
Welcome to SomeN (our name for the botmaking community)!

Thanks!

TheMesp wrote:

From other stuff: polishing her scissors throw (I'm almost satisfied. Almost.), still complaining about pushing (due to it she's rather useless in early game, well she initiates pretty well) and started working on stealth to make it fit her a little bit more. :bluecheer:

Updated - same link - first post.

Edit: Update went live at 23:56 CET due to problems with FTP client. I didn't notice it gave me error and left it somewhere in the background :aylaroll: .

AHH! I haven't uploaded the fix yet - the one currently in derpl bot actually breaks him in Sorona! I'll update the bot at once, to ensure you have the latest version of it.

EDIT: New version live - ribbit fix should be safe to use.

Bots I've made:

Post Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:58 pm 

So I have experimented with fixes for this bug and rather than using your solution Mesp (sorry :leoneyes: ) or solution from Mod_AwesomebotsCommonLib.xml (I know why you have encountered this bug now), I have modified second one to work better.

Okey, why did I modify it? It's simple: it was using isTurretInArea which simply didn't work after turret was destroyed. I have made it use isInArea and check for... jumppads in bottom lane. In theory it should work always now. For now I have not seen Ksenia stuck there anymore but we'll see, I guess. :ayla:

I have made those changes in Mod_AwesomebotsCommonLib.xml, so make sure to backup yours as it will affect other nauts too.

Update available. Same link, first post.