Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Patch 3.1 beta 1 is Live!
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:37 pm 

Joost wrote:
-Fixed Rocco not playing the proper jump animation while firing arrows or charging Precision Shot. This caused a slight d elay before Rocco could auto attack after firing the Precision Shot while jumping.

THANK GOD

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:55 pm 

Seralla wrote:
Thijs wrote:
Jimmy and the LUX5000
Jimmy got a decent amount of nerfs in the last hotfix. This made him significantly drop in win-rates and play rates. Like with the other Overdrive nauts, he is still finding his place in the metagame, however players do seem to agree that he was overnerfed slightly. Therefore we changed his health back to 1550 to make his sustain a bit better. We also removed the movement penalty from his main attack. This might sound significant, but due to the vertical knockback being removed from his Rattle Wave, players can easily get away from him. Keeping him at the same speed while smashing should improve this situation for Jimmy. Re-adding the vertical knockback on such a big area of effect can make Jimmy frustrating to play against, so we want to see if the removal of the movement penalty is a good alternative. His attack speed upgrade got fixed (it turned out the second stage was not getting triggered) so we will see how it does now. Other changes to his upgrades and skills are still being discussed and will be done in the future once we have found his fundamental problems.

Okay, this has been bothering me since their release. Can you guys go ahead and remove Amy from Lux's lore? I say this because she's completely forgotten almost every time, they're either a team in control of the Naut, Lux, or it's just Jimmy. When Ronimo themselves are going with this aswell I fail to see why she's there. Considering the ratio of male-female characters in the game as it is (10:3) and that out of the 6 female characters, 5 are roughly human or human-shape, I call into question Ronimo's policy on diverse character creation. The men/genderless-given-male-pronouns are vastly different, why not the women?
Yes I'm completely serious and yes I'm aware this'll likely make me unpopular.

I actually completely agree with this. It's also confusing and in my opinion, unnecessary, and feels like a contrivance to make the character more unique, despite their art being almost identical.

Problem is, art would have to be changed, and there are voicelines which mention Amy too. I can't see Ronimo going back on their decision. :shrug:

Winner of the Design-Your-Naut 2 contest (Ix the Interloper), and emote creator :yoolip:

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:18 pm 

Skip wrote:
Joost wrote:
-Fixed Rocco not playing the proper jump animation while firing arrows or charging Precision Shot. This caused a slight d elay before Rocco could auto attack after firing the Precision Shot while jumping.

THANK GOD

You literally have no idea how happy I am that this got fixed yet again, for the 3rd or 4th time :ayla:

Maple syrup, hockey sticks, maple leaf, igloo, polar bear, butter tarts, hockey, poutine, eh.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:22 pm 

omg how do you make a big deal out of something like Jimmy/Amy lol.

I hate Chucho, but it's mostly the Stun. I'm fine seeing buffs for testing since that was touched upon, but I do fear seeing more Sticky Bombs thrown. .-.
Also since people may call it worthless now, remember that you still cancel out a myriad of skills with that micro-stun, and you're still getting super shots.

Really like the Lux changes, nothing too big, as it should be. I'm of the opinion that they're good, but with mandatory items in Danger Pins and Heal Rattle. If you don't have those your usefulness falls way way down because everything you do is so dangerous/not very rewarding. Not asking for changes there yet, but I do want to point out how much the upgrades change their viability.
Also I KNEW that second tier of Attack Speed wasn't kicking in! It just didn't feel like I got anything out of it. That was a good bit of wasted solar then, heh.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:49 pm 

Holy crap. Fly near the deactivated Sentrys and just listen closely. I won't spoiler it, but that is by far my favourite thing in the map so far.

With a big, robotic ass :chew:

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:51 pm 

Skree nerfs!!! Praise the AwesomeNauts lords.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:19 pm 

MurlocAggroB wrote:
Holy crap. Fly near the deactivated Sentrys and just listen closely. I won't spoiler it, but that is by far my favourite thing in the map so far.

Best thing about that map is the amount of detail they've put into every single part of it. Happily, I know that thing you're talking about, and like you, I will not spoil it. But one thing I will say about it is that it just shows the amount of work Ronimo's artists have put into the map design and art. :thumb:

Maple syrup, hockey sticks, maple leaf, igloo, polar bear, butter tarts, hockey, poutine, eh.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:29 pm 

just wanna say, ronma, thanks for telling us why balance decisions were made, rather than just running with whatever. also
Quote:
Yoolip, being a new support naut, is having a hard time keeping up. Players do appear to enjoy playing him, but his reliance on good teammates makes his win chances in soloQ slimmer than in a premade. However, this is part of his design and we want to keep working with it and try to get him in a better spot before making drastic changes.

ahem

main: :rocco: :voltarroll: :jimmy:
learning: :derp: :party: :fist: :chucho:

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:41 pm 

Thijs wrote:
-Detonatable projectiles will no longer be removed immediately when their owner dies. Examples are Coco’s Ball Lightning, Skree’s Whirling Blades and Sentry’s Black Hole Sun.

Oh my god it's about damn time. :worship:

Thijs wrote:
Chucho

I don't know if making One-Armed slightly more aim-dependent will make it better. It'll reduce the overall damage, but I still feel that the main issue is how consistently you can pull it off. It doesn't need to activate through bike demount. :chucho:
Also there are a ton of things that need changing buff-wise. Primarily concerning his health, but he also has a lot of mandatory (Team Toddletron, primarily, though Four-Eye Visor could use some tweaks) and completely useless (Mission Brief, Trick-Up-Your-Sleeve, Neon Nitro Muffler {addressed sorta}, Retracting Spike Fender, and how generally useless Space Air Max is on Chucho) upgrades that could use some tweaking.
Again: The main concern is One-Armed, and I want to see something done about that before we start fiddling with other things. Though other things do need changes.

Thijs wrote:
Jimmy and the LUX5000

I overall like these changes! :thumb:
Though, I do have a question:
Thijs wrote:
-Jimmy/Amy now has a 25% chance to trigger voice lines towards Yoolip or Chucho when encountering them.

What the heck is babyface going to say? :jimmy:

Thijs wrote:
Professor Yoolip

These also seem pretty good. I'm very happy that Gaze's range upgrade isn't as mandatory anymore. My one question is if there should be a way to stop Gaze beyond moving Yoolip away from your ally. I mean: Yes. Silences stopping it was unfair, since about one in every 3 'nauts has a silence, but maybe some form of CC should stop Gaze? :drool:

Thijs wrote:
Raelynn
-Raelynn Snipe no longer interrupts when silenced (the Raelynn player still can’t activate the Snipe shot while silenced).

RIPerino Ksenia and Vinnie counter. :GnawCry:
Honestly: It was nice to be able to stop Snipe with Silences. I feel that, if you can't stop it with a Silence, you also shouldn't be able to stop it with a Stun.

Perhaps instead of having Rae be Silence immune, we can make Iron Rifle a 100% CC Immunity? Without the dinky shield no one uses? :rae:

Thijs wrote:
Skree

First of all: Holy thank f :worship: k that Skree's Aimbot Rifle no longer provides +20 to the aimbot skill.
I'm also quite happy with the Sunballs Nerf, and with...
Thijs wrote:
-Fixed Ceremonial Mask icon not being triggered and made Skree’s staff glow more intensely when the effect is ready.

This, as the lack of this visual made it very hard to use Ceremonial Mask for me personally. (Which is why I avoided it)

The Sawblade change however... I'm not sure if this fixes his stalling/pushing power. Yes, he won't instantly have a Saw up when the next Droid wave arrives, but he'll still generally have one available for every wave. The issue lies not in spam, but in strength. I still think a 50% damage reduction against Droids would've been a better way to go.

Thijs wrote:
Swiggins

Thijs wrote:
-Kraken Statue, 0.15s of the stun increase moved to base.
-Anchor Swing base damage increased from 110 to 120, Ink Spray base damage increased from 70 to 80.
-Drop Anchor base damage reduced from 100 to 80.
-Drop Anchor 50 chain break damage added.
-Magnetic Anchor base damage increased from 35 to 40 per stage.
-Alien Sweetener reduced from 3 to 2 stages at 40% health per stage (from 37%).
-Increased Dropped Anchor (Homboldt) base health from 300 to 350

These are all good, so I shall not comment on them. ;)

Thijs wrote:
-Not Seaweed, blind duration increased from 0.4 to 1 second.

So your answer to people not wanting to spend money on Blind, the worst CC in the game, is to... give it more Blind? :facepalm:
The issue lies not in the Blind duration, but in the fact that it's a Blind.

I thought the idea was to make Not Seaweed Slow, yes? :GnawShock:
That honestly would be much more useful for chasing, and help Swiggins fill a more supportive role.

The only thing that will result from making him blind for longer is that Swiggins will be better at stalling droids and being a massive nuisance.

Thijs wrote:
-Double Glazed Royal Porcelain changed from length reduction to 25% slow for 2 seconds after Chain ends.
-Double Glazed Royal Porcelain price increased from 170 to 185 solar.

GuyBrush wrote:
Oh boy. Here's to all the "Suicide Anchor" Swiggins running Milk, Spoon, and new Porcelain.

This removes a lot of the skill in playing Swiggins, as well as a lot of the counter-play.

This is remotely decent if it doesn't happen when the Anchor is destroyed, or if it only happened when it's destroyed. If this upgrade is just a "Also slow people by whatever for whatever" on top of Anchor's duration, regardless of situation...
There risks a lot of cutting of the skill cap. :sleep:

Also:
GuyBrush wrote:
Can we please make it so that Bovian Skimmed Milk doesn't affect Pneumatic Spoon damage?

Considering that Swiggins is effectively getting some P. Spoon damage on base, this should really be considered.
It's not a huge problem, but it's a pretty big oversight that makes a good combination of upgrades better.

Thijs wrote:
Yuri
-Toaster timer nerfed from 3s to 2s per stage

RIP in Pee any form of defense on Yuri. :cry:
The only result I really see from these changes is face-mining/camping being the main strat to chose when playing Yuri, with Toaster Timer being pushed back into the ranks of "Doesn't do enough for it's cost", along with Mine Constructor.

Perhaps, instead of making an "overused" upgrade worse, we could move some of it's stats to base? Heck. Even a second more on the base mine duration would be swell.

Alpha Z wrote:

Awesome :chucho: :sleep: [Femme :thumb: Fatal]
:LeonWink: (Chinese Ripoff Space Jam) Naut
Not a :glasses: :table:

Mafia stats.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:47 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Seralla wrote:
Okay, this has been bothering me since their release. Can you guys go ahead and remove Amy from Lux's lore? I say this because she's completely forgotten almost every time, they're either a team in control of the Naut, Lux, or it's just Jimmy. When Ronimo themselves are going with this aswell I fail to see why she's there. ...

We think it's nice and fun that blue team is a girl and red team is a boy. We're not going to remove that.

We also think it's impractical and too long to call them "Jimmy and Amy and the LUX5000" everywhere. We also don't want to alternate between Jimmy and Amy because that would be confusing. Just imagine fun descriptions like "Amy got buffed because Jimmy didn't do enough damage."

That does leave the question: why not make Amy the default name instead of Jimmy? Well, this character was inspired by Lux, the son of Ronimo lead artist Gijs. Since we were basing this character on a real little boy it felt more natural to us to make the boy's name the default name.

Also, note that there's a bunch of devs contributing to these patch notes so we're generally not very consistent in patch notes. Everyone here writes things slightly differently.