Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Suggestions and a question for the Level Editor
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:31 am 

I'm not sure if we have it already but it would be nice if we could give both teams different settings. Not sure if thats map making or custom game settings but you know. It would be nice.

I also would like to see the option to make initial spawn points and respawn points. Instead of just one spawn point. Or it that a thing already?

My steam
http://steamcommunity.com/id/yolvenzind

Post Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:31 am 

I'm just gonna put a Custom "Mario Paint" on the background and start making crap.

Until I finally notice I spend 8 hour for nothing.

And rename my title in "Mario Pain"

Discord français d'awesomenauts

Dominik305 wrote:
people who only play meta in any game should be gunned down at the street and skinned alive

CraftedNightmare wrote:
i'm trying to enjoy this *
Doppelganger wrote:
where's my popcorn bag

_olaffff wrote:

Post Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:21 am 

A friend of mine suggested the addition of a "neutral team" option so people could make like free-for-all deathmatch maps.

Could be fun :chew:

Post Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:52 am 

Skip wrote:
A friend of mine suggested the addition of a "neutral team" option so people could make like free-for-all deathmatch maps.

That could be fun, but what color would they use? :think:

Post Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:00 am 

As someone who dabbles in game design, I can understand Ronimo's decision to not include slopes. Slopes opens up a complex can of worms that doesn't actually add a whole lot to the actual game.

Also I'm super excited to get my hand on this level editor and make all sorts of stupid maps.

Burningdillo wrote:
Skip wrote:

That could be fun, but what color would they use? :think:

Boring gray, color of neutrals.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:06 am 

Oh boi
  • Add invisiorb, solar bosses, inferno machines, black holes and gravi field to the editor if they are not there already.
  • allow using custom textures made by us or mapmakers
  • add anti gravity field/where you fall faster/gravity is reversed
  • Add custom orbs that give special statuses for brief period of time like invisiorb on Aigullion, just imagine an orb with extra regeneration, of shield or even orbs scattered around like traps that weaken your naut.
  • allow setting up custom creeps
  • allow setting up bouncers in every possible direction
  • Allow use to use 'flying borders'. Basically a place where any flying/levitation ability stops working and allow us to edit how high it is and where can it be placed/in what zones in case someone wants to make an open map that will be still balanced.
  • allow us to customize and create our OWN solarbosses that gives different rewards and maybe fight differently.
  • Allow us to add slippery ice terrain for ice maps
  • Add lava and poison fog terrain, one that damages every naut that touches it and another that DoTs every naut that touches it
  • If there's a limit to how many maps you can make (and i think there is) is there any way to save the maps outside of the game/in cloud? If so, that would be a good thing
  • allow us to setup barriers that dissappear once certain condition is met 'X amount of enemies gets killed' or 'X amount of time has passed'.
  • Add solar tree from the unfinished early prototype of Aig to the editor. I really want to remake the old Aig

Of course almost all of what I said here are just dreams not to be taken seriously, but hey, a nasty map maker like me can dream, right?

Also this is just part 1 of my suggestions

Post Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:23 am 

I just want to make destroyable walls and I'll be fine.

Dominik305 wrote:
people who only play meta in any game should be gunned down at the street and skinned alive

CraftedNightmare wrote:
Doppelganger wrote:
where's my popcorn bag

_olaffff wrote:

Post Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:06 am 

Doppelganger wrote:

Make a wall of creeps

Not Ted McPain!
wodny wrote:
Alijar stop drinking that rocket fuel :think:
Jakob wrote:
Alijar pls :aylaroll:
Xelrog wrote:
Alijar's sig is the cheapest realty around. It's the trailer park of the Awesomenauts forums

Serving up Smiles everywhere

Post Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:18 am 

Alijar wrote:
Doppelganger wrote:

Make a wall of creeps

I don't want walls to reward 99 solar.

Dominik305 wrote:

CraftedNightmare wrote:
Doppelganger wrote:
where's my popcorn bag

_olaffff wrote:

Post Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:29 am 

Popcioslav wrote:
Oh boi
  • Add invisiorb, solar bosses, inferno machines, black holes and gravi field to the editor if they are not there already.
  • allow using custom textures made by us or mapmakers
  • add anti gravity field/where you fall faster/gravity is reversed
  • Add custom orbs that give special statuses for brief period of time like invisiorb on Aigullion, just imagine an orb with extra regeneration, of shield or even orbs scattered around like traps that weaken your naut.
  • allow setting up custom creeps
  • allow setting up bouncers in every possible direction
  • Allow use to use 'flying borders'. Basically a place where any flying/levitation ability stops working and allow us to edit how high it is and where can it be placed/in what zones in case someone wants to make an open map that will be still balanced.
  • allow us to customize and create our OWN solarbosses that gives different rewards and maybe fight differently.
  • Allow us to add slippery ice terrain for ice maps
  • Add lava and poison fog terrain, one that damages every naut that touches it and another that DoTs every naut that touches it
  • If there's a limit to how many maps you can make (and i think there is) is there any way to save the maps outside of the game/in cloud? If so, that would be a good thing
  • allow us to setup barriers that dissappear once certain condition is met 'X amount of enemies gets killed' or 'X amount of time has passed'.
  • Add solar tree from the unfinished early prototype of Aig to the editor. I really want to remake the old Aig

Of course almost all of what I said here are just dreams not to be taken seriously, but hey, a nasty map maker like me can dream, right?

Also this is just part 1 of my suggestions

Thought I would explain what I believe to be possible, looking at the demo streams for it.

• You will, without a doubt, be able to place the Solar Boss. Invisible orb will likely be placeable, as you can place power-ups/items that aren't even in the game, such as S&S style treasures and breakable pickups. Inferno Machines and Gravitational Fields are basically giant boxes with settings placed in maps and can be toggled at certain intervals so this is possible too!
  • I don't recall them saying it will be available at launch, but I think they're considering it.
  • You may be able to create such fields, you can make areas where you can't jump ("no-fly zones") and then there's 404's gravitational field...
  • Custom Orbs probably don't exist, but may at some point!
  • It's not a character editor, so you will not be able to make custom creeps or solar bosses.
  • You can absolutely rotate and create bounce pads in any direction
  • "No Fly Zones" basically do that, examples include Sorona and the drop pod bay.
  • I've seen nothing of slippery ice blocks yet...
  • There are spike blocks which apply a damaging effect on contact, and the aforementioned Inferno Machine hitboxes, so poisonous fog / lava, is possible!
  • Don't think it would be possible to set up barriers with conditions like that, but environmental barriers and the like can be effected via buttons and the like.
  • Don't know what the solar tree effect was so I can't comment, but it may be!