Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: yuri bot
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:23 am 

what does everyone think of the yuri AI bot, I personally find him never usfeul wwhen on my team, he usally 1v3s alot and gets killed more often

Last edited by Dewott610 on Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: yuri bot
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:39 am 

you sure that's a bot?

Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:18 am 

Wakkabanana wrote:
you sure that's a bot?

Im referring to the bots that they put on your team when someone leaves or during bot matches

Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:49 pm 

>>>Modding

And honestly, I think all bots should get some love. Or at least build fitting current meta and their playstyle.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:17 pm 

Dewott610 wrote:
Im referring to the bots that they put on your team when someone leaves or during bot matches

He was making a joke about bad Yuri players :scoop:

And yea, Yuri bot is probably the worst one. IMO he's only in the game because he does really well against other bots, since they have trouble dealing with mines. He's totally useless vs players, though.

With a big, robotic ass :chew:

Post Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:43 am 

My favourite thing about the Yuri bot is getting stuck at the base, pacing left and right. It cost us a match.

"Why didn't you send the replay?" because I forgot about it completely, until now.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:11 pm 

Sorry for taking so long to reply. This is going to be long-winded.

It's been a while since I've touched Awesomenauts. I got deeply into Heroes of the Storm more than a year ago, and started playing it a lot more than Awesomenauts. Eventually, I just left Awesomenauts. Because of that, none of my bots have received any updates in a while.

The Yuri bot has a special place in my heart. He is one of my first bots, and easily the most troubled. I have tried to update him several times, but consistently ran into problems with pathing. The bot is not impossible to get working, but he needs a total rewrite to basically everything, which takes a lot of effort to do.

That said, I think I could start cooking something up over the weekend. Beware, however, that I don't have a clue about the current meta.

I think that Yuri could function fairly well with a Laser build. The bot would position behind his frontline, using an algorithm to figure out who that actually is. He would then focus his laser on a target, prioritizing CC'd enemies, and reposition when needed. Yuri would place mines at his flanks for the express purpose of keeping enemies away from him. He could find these flanks by placing them at the nearest chokes. Time Warp would be used only as a panic button. The bot would not try to support his allies with healing or CC, since the close-quarters nature of Time Warp could easily make the bot feed. Likewise, he would not attempt to 1v1 enemies, since setting up a "can I win this fight?" algorithm is a slippery slope that could cause feeding as well.

The build would look something like this:

If anybody wants to comment on this, I would be happy to hear. I don't really know how the rest of my bots are doing, but they all definitely need some sprucing up. For instance, the Scoop bot was good relative to the other bots when I designed him, but, as I've learned more about MOBAs, I feel that he is playing his character totally wrong. Additionally, I feel that my bots are taking a lot more initiative than they should be, when players should be in the driver's seat for decision-making. This way, the bots won't carry at lower ranks, and won't feed or be deadweights at higher ranks.

Veanko wrote:
Ignotis the hedgehog confirmed

STEAM