Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Simple and effective Yoolip changes
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:43 pm 

Yes, I've been keeping up with the Yoolip beta changes.
I guess i haven't really thought out the Walkin Rod change, it could receive a buff in whatever way tho. I'm fine with leaving Dino Training for Dummies, I'd just like to feel it being more impactful when soloq'ing as well. (Dinos into gaze is usually enough to kill someone without it) Just wanted to give some input because from my aloof perspective it looks like Ronimo doesn't really have a clue what to do with the character. A major rework would probably be too much to ask so I just decided to put some stuff together.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:09 am 

I would agree with the argument that the reason Dino Training for Dummies is bad is that you don't need that much damage for the dino combo. Although it is hilariously fun to kill enemies with one dino combo, they aren't usually at full health and you don't realistically need to take them all the way down. In the long run, normal damage would end up being more useful.

If the leaderboards were truly always designed to be strictly for the matchmaker's consideration only and not for players to climb, I'll film myself drinking several litres of condensed milk and PayPal you all £1,000

Post Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:20 am 

These changes are not bad but I disagree with the statement that gaze is fine as is. But I guess at this point people are just used to it :shrug:

The year is 20XX. Everyone can play Awesomenauts to niki levels of perfection. All gameplay has been deemed irrelevant and matches are decided by a game of Roflnauts. All new metas are based on Roflnauts DMs.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:41 am 

Is it just me, but Yoolip has the worst escape options of all the nauts? Boots help a bit, but if there is 2 enemy nauts, that wont help anything either. Well, guess its just his role to always stick with someone when going further than 10 pixels from your own turrets.

Can you make that under 255 characters so I can make it my signature?

Post Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:18 am 

IsoKoala wrote:
Is it just me, but Yoolip has the worst escape options of all the nauts? Boots help a bit, but if there is 2 enemy nauts, that wont help anything either. Well, guess its just his role to always stick with someone when going further than 10 pixels from your own turrets.

Maybe he simply don't deserve any for being a "support" in the first place?

Thinking of it. What if dinos could buff allies? There is already dino poop which is great sometimes. How about speed/damage/shield buffs when moving with the dinos? Yoolip can also get pursuit capabilities and an escape mechanism with such a buff.
Something like: if Yoolip's or allied naut hitbox merges with the dino hitbox, they get a 10% speed buff that lasts for 1.5 seconds.
Thinking of it even further... Gaze could also buff allies, without stunning them (Yoolip remains self-stunned, but the buffed ally can move around until the duration ends or he exceeds max distance and the gaze breaks). Something like 25% increased damage output and a shield. Imagine a buffed and shielded Clunk exploding in your face while you are sitting in a snaretrap being chewed by dinos. That could bring many new combos. I mean Ix can bond with everything. It ruins the attack sometimes because it is hard to hit the specific target, but they live with that somehow. Team buffs can make Yoolip a valuable and strong support like Genji.
And why Yoolip can't heal Sentry and Clunk with his wrenchsmack? That feels wrong.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:42 am 

IsoKoala wrote:

that's basically it. you either gaze & peel or gaze & quark. he has a hard time getting away without boots, so it usually boils down to these two interactions

he's a fun character, but he needs $1000 to get going (maybe 20% too expensive?). and most of the dino upgrades are trash that make almost zero difference.

walking rod is almost good, but i feel like i'd rather it just be a permanent speed boost instead of a conditional speed boost. & gimme an upgrade that lets the first dino be a big boss (bigger, more damage)

Last edited by robochase6000 on Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:17 am 
Adminaut

TheBoyWonder wrote:
Might leave it as it is and only reduce the value when Sonic Wrench is purchased, if thats possible.

It's certainly possible, but might be hard to make 'sensible' within the game design if you get what I mean. Like, concisely and sensibly working that item power reduction into the item.

Base Jump would certainly enhance Dinos for their current grounded area denial purpose, it'd be worth a try. They definitely need something more at base and if Jasper wants to keep the current design then base jump may very well be the direction to go.

The main issue is these changes don't help his noobstomping issue but maybe replacing CC damage with reduced, regular damage would make his noob combos less instakill-y.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:59 pm 

Alpha Z wrote:
InstapantsMan, please stop double posting (or triple-posting, quad-posting, etc). Use the edit button instead.

can't remember I did that.. :chucho: I guess thats why I c-combo post sometimes :raehands:

would be down to playtest

Post Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:00 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
You quadruple posted before. I had the screenshot printed and framed.

Base jump is a good start but I'd also like to see Yoolip able to cancel the dino summoning animation when he chooses, allowing only one or two to be summoned. Might be an interesting change.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:02 am 

Idea: What if Holo Pet food made all the Dinos (x)% bigger, instead of just adding BEEG SPO0KI DINOH back?
I know that BEEG SPO0KI DINOH was really fun but it was also rather buggy on a lot of parts of the map and generally not that useful overall. A general size increase however could help against less mobile 'nauts and also increase Yoolip's pressure in choke points.

Alpha Z wrote:

Awesome :chucho: :sleep: [Femme :thumb: Fatal]
:LeonWink: :think: #BuffBoiCow Naut
Not a :glasses: :table:

Mafia stats.