Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Return drop-in matchmaking
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:24 am 

with only 200 players it doesn't make sense to continue with the updated matchmaking system. Drop-in would actually keep the flow of games going and it wouldn't feel like a waste of time to wait for the queue.

Post subject: Re: Return drop-in matchmaking
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:49 am 

drop-in-drop-out was fine

Post Posted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:27 pm 

stop asking for things. ronimo isn't gonna touch this game, by the time they try to go back to it to touch it it'll be as dead as possible

Post Posted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:07 pm 

kathy wrote:
drop-in-drop-out was fine

It lends itself to a more casual game. The current system is neither casual nor competitive, you can't drop out but you also can't draft... so it's kind of pointless.

Spriter wrote:
stop asking for things. ronimo isn't gonna touch this game, by the time they try to go back to it to touch it it'll be as dead as possible

You sound like a severely disappointed fan if I've ever heard one.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:20 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
Ronimo has already told us that they're not working on this game for the foreseeable future, so there really is no point in asking for things right now.

I mean, I give them flack for the lack of communication (deservedly so), but credit where it's due.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:14 am 

The Lord Protector wrote:
Ronimo has already told us that they're not working on this game for the foreseeable future, so there really is no point in asking for things right now.

I mean, I give them flack for the lack of communication (deservedly so), but credit where it's due.

I haven't been keeping up with the forums, livestreams or social media. :jimmy:

Post Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:08 am 

I can agree with this.

"There's only one booty to appease my blasted urges"
:kiss: #Coco's Booty :kiss:

Post Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:02 pm 

Let me give you some insight on how the drop in system works in a dead game. It's called awesomenauts ps4. While it's played by a few, the Leaderboards no longer assigns a league to players because we don't hit the 5000 leaderboard entry minimum so the game will throw anyone into a match for the sake of filling the lobby. Bittersweet: we get full lobbies but usually one or two players suck super butt and can't hang with veterans of the game. So you have three options at this point: solo queue and hope you don't get a butt teammates. You can premade BUT! Here's the catch: I don't know why ronimo matchmaking is set this way but it was like this back in the day on pc as well: if someone solo queues, ronimo matchmaking prioritizes lobbies that are 5/6 or 4/6. Makes sense right? Well that premade team sits in an empty lobby waiting for the game to magically decides to fill the lobby and the wait is usually longer than 6 minutes which is usually the max wait time on happy matchmaking system. Lastly is duo queue, the best option because you qualify for those 4/6 lobbies the ronimo prioritizes to fill. But hope to God the 3rd isn't super butt. You can usually carry them but there's still that chance...

Tl:dr: drop in won't work unless they fix how lobbies get filled to not keep people waiting forever worse than HMS and figure out how to retain skill separation.

Lol I was rambling when typing. Poor sentence structure everywhere

Post Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:47 pm 

Aaron12906m wrote:
we get full lobbies but usually one or two players suck super butt and can't hang with veterans of the game.

From my experience, this is already the current situation so no difference there. And yes you were rambling but I read it all and you've got some good insight. :thumb: