Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: What is your fondest memory of Awesomenauts?
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:27 pm 

Joost wrote:
Shortly after release on Playstation 3 and Xbox 360, the best Awesomenauts players at Ronimo played a few online matches against a team that claimed to be among the best on Playstation 3. At that point already the players beat the devs. This was pretty amazing to me: we had been playing Awesomenauts for years (throughout development) and still the best community members had practised so much in just a few weeks that they outplayed us.

That was probably one of the first moments where I realised that Awesomenauts remained fun for a lot more than the 10 hours of replayability we had envisioned before launch. :ix:
I remember that team. It was a golden trio of Seymour_dix, luck 02, and either HDcloud or ibreedpigs. For a long time those 3 were the ones to look out for on ps3 and yes, for a long time their skill was unparalleled on console as well. They picked it up much quicker than anyone else but we caught up at some point. Fun fact on Seymour_dix, he got cyber bullied from haters and people reported his username enough where Playstation banned his account. He came back under the name scrubmore as a screw you to all the people who kept calling him a Scrub and moved in to pc. I believe he was won a tournament or two on here? Correct me if I'm wrong but mad respect for that guy either way.

But ronimo you're to blame. A perma invis Leon with a tongue that reached off screen and 4 stackable mines dealing 56 a piece? Lol good times...

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Post Posted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:34 am 
Adminaut

Too many in-game moments for me to pick one, my old solo run with Lonestar to the top 20 pre-Gnaw will always be a fond memory for me though. The game was still really new to me and even though I'd just started playing I was already good enough to climb the leaderboards on my own.

I also made a ton of friends via this game, sadly unlike Gameinsky I don't talk to many of them anymore but I'll always remember how I met my first online friends in-game by running into their premade multiple times in a row and somehow always having really close matches and bonding over killing each other over and over and complaining about each other's characters. :lolstar:

Also, one of the friends I made through this community turned out to be my future girlfriend, and 4 and a half years later our relationship is still going strong. You're the best Didu, thanks for sticking with me through everything. :kiss:

Post Posted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:02 am 

the day and the first time I played in ribbit as skree is lucidly ingrained into my brain, i didn't care about anything and was just doing it out of recommendation of a great friend, ended up pleasantly surprised.

-my best friend who I met through hosting custom matches (shoutouts to ching-chong potato)

-The amazing players in the tournaments i spectated live.

-getting to know the nauts youtubers I watched and even show up to some private games.

-this google search

I Couldn't possibly pick a single one, I love you people.

Kewn wrote:
Just wanted to bump in here to say this is the greatest thing.

Oil_Rope_bombs wrote:
I think you guys are just bad,

Jas123c wrote:
kathy wrote:
muncher.gif

this is a very serious question, please help :(

Post Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:38 am 

I have two distinct memories. Both occurred back during the Mumblenauts days, before I ruined myself with constant solo-queuing.

One was premading with 26209 & Golthan. I'd complain constantly about all the other premades who played competitively, trying out all their comp builds in queue. 26 would say something like "Wait, what do you mean? We're premading right now too!" and I'd respond with something like "Yeah but who the hell are we? Bunch of rejects playing dumb nauts with no comp in mind." Also I liked buying something in base and being about 20 solar short of my next upgrade, so I'd sit there and go "Quick, kill someone so I can buy this next item." Was playing with 26 again the other day; she reminded me of that and it brought back a lot of fond memories.

Another was premading with people like Blue River & A Angry Yellow Flower. They'd switch off between who got to play Derpl and I was maining Gun Penny at the time. River would come in drop-nuking, screaming "VIDEO GAAAAAMES!" while I'd run around with Desperado Penny's revolver, shooting into the air while shouting "I've got a gun!"

https://www.twitch.tv/real_marshmallow_fox

Post Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:06 pm 

this was pretty great

Check out my streams: twitch.tv/the_eddster27
Make sure you follow the MS Paint off!

Post Posted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:44 am 
Ronimo Team Member

That's an awesome picture! What occasion was this?

Post Posted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:32 pm 

Niel wrote:
That's an awesome picture! What occasion was this?

aftermath from this at firstlook 2015 https://youtu.be/yE8MFTNVln8

Check out my streams: twitch.tv/the_eddster27
Make sure you follow the MS Paint off!

Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:30 pm 

My fondest memory must be when I had a win streak of 7-8 matches with two of my IRL friends. We decided to play some Awesomenauts before doing a school project. We said we'd play until we lose and then we work. Except that we got into a big win streak. At some point we forced ourselves to take the worst comp we could think about, and yet we still won somehow, game after game.

In the end we had to resign and work on the project anyway. But it was lot of fun

Post Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:26 am 
Ronimo Team Member

Ah yes, the old ''let's do a couple of quick games before doing the thing we're supposed to do and end up playing the game for too long and not getting any work done''. I'm way to familiar with this :glasses: