Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: List of glitches & issues
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:40 pm 

-Added a forum topic for many of the remaining entries that didn't have their own topic.
-Removed "Droids getting stuck" bug which was last seen 2.7. It might be fixed or too rare to be significant.
-Merged "host migration glitch: turret being restored", "host migration glitch: endless falling" and "host migration glitch: double superdroid"
-Rewrote "balance issues" entry. The balance issues mentioned therein are outdated e.g. Sentry/Voltar comp isn't as strong as it was in Sentryhard times and Sorona and Gnaw are reworked now, although the problem with Sorona's backturret seems to remain. Gnaw on Ribbit is still unstoppable and Airstrikes can hit you without you being able to dodge. Nibbs and Swiggins deal too much damage. I could go on and on but this is not the right place to discuss balance and so unconstructively at that.
- Rewrote "Genji's jump glitch" to keep it simple
- Rewrote "Internet disconnection always causes game drop" to keep it simple
- Updated all last-seen info. Most problems were last seen in patch 2.9.4
- Removed "Yuri platform drop glitch" because too insignificant. In fact, it might have been fixed anyway
- Removed "character select screen limitations" because it was wishful thinking rather than an issue. The only thing about it that you could consider an issue is that you can't pick a character that has already been taken by someone else so my wishful thinking was to be able to pick any character and only then be placed into a game session based on that choice.
- Removed "Genji Last Pieridae Transformae glitch" since it was fixed a while ago.
- Removed "Ayla Evil Eye while Rage" since it seems insignificant in light of her recent changes. It might have been fixed anyway, I don't know.
- Removed "More weedlings than normally possible" since it seems insignificant in light of gnaw's recent weedling chances.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:04 pm 

deleted:
- yuri solar grabbing not working when hosting (fixed in 2.10)
- platform quickdrop bug (fixed in 2.10)
- quickfall bug (haven't seen it in a while and seems insignificant)
- splashdash / pounce cancel bug (seems fixed in 2.10)
- Genji jump glitch (fixed in 2.10)
- deleted new 2.10 bugs that were hotifxed in 2.10.1

Notes:
- multi hit glitch is supposed to be fixed in 2.10. However, someone said it isn't.

----

EDIT:
I will not update this list anymore, until I get a new computer. That's because I can no longer play Awesomenauts because of framerate/input delay issues introduced in 2.10.

----

EDIT:
I have added issues:
- Input delay since 2.10
- Game freezes when closing

Post Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:26 am 

Deleted
- Multi hit glitch (fixed in 2.10)
- Clunk Explode while tepeporting (said to be fixed in 2.11)
- Raelynn Snipe while teleporting (said to be fixed in 2.11)

Changed
- Input Delay / Framerate lag (to reflect the fact that the framerate drops aren't accounted for by the game)

Post Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:11 pm 

I will not update this list anymore until further notice.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:52 am 

I'm reviving this thread. A raw draft of a new list of glitches has been added to the first post. I'm planning on making it into a new google document like with the old one.

These bugs/issues will not be carried over from the 2.10 list to the 3.2.3 list:
- square hitboxes (fixed)
- aiguillon map design (intentional design choice)
- lag (not a bug/issue per se)
- lobby countdown glitch (probably fixed. Haven't seen it in over a year)
- latejoining (not a bug/issue per se)
- announcing new players (I think this was never really an issue)
- aiguillon top turret warp bug (fixed)
- balance issues (not a bug/issue per se)
- ai station 205 fire not audible (I could argue this is still an issue, but it's too insignificant)
- cocoon death graphical glitch (I haven't seen this in ages so I assume it's fixed)
- blue & red coco skins (hasn't been an issue for me for a very long time. I don't know if the devs adjusted the colors or not.)
- tutorial level leftovers (fixed)
- splash dash through mines not working (not an issue per se. It has always been a lag thing. Afaik, the game no longer allows that you take damage after clearing mines with an invincibility move)
- internet disconnection will always cause a game drop (this is not an issue per se. If your internet drops, then you drop from the game naturally. What made me think this is an issue is that I always saw myself reconnect after 5 seconds and I could play for 20 more seconds before disconnecting from a game for real. It made me think the final DC could be prevented.)
- disconnection errors (have always been in the game and the devs can only do so much to combat them happening)
- framerate drops when hosting (Some aspects of the game work drastically differently when hosting vs. not hosting, but it is a problem related to the devs' choice to have this game based on p2p and not an issue per se that can be "fixed". Also I feel like the framedrops haven't been that bad lately. Game performance has improved for me since 2.10.)
- coco's ball sometimes doesn't hit (The hitbox might be misaligned on the first frame of ball, but I will never know for sure without getting my hands on a developer build. This hasn't been such a big issue lately though)
- quitting countdown (is a design choice, not an issue)
- rejoining (is a design choice, not an issue per se)
- leaderboards (The issue about this one is that all the other issues, especially "joining lost games" and "latejoining" itself can cause games to unfairly turn around, making the rightful winners into losers and vice versa. But I think the leaderboard itself, as a game element, is not an issue. There are bugs related to erroneous rating gains/losses but I decided my list will not cover them)
- matchmaking problems (is a huge issue, but I'm not going to cover it in the list in light of the new matchmaking server coming soon)
- 4 vs 3 bug (fixed probably. Haven't seen it in over a year)
- Summoning objects past the enemy barrier (I'm unsure if to include this one as it's so situational and not easy to reproduce. Bull mechanics might have changed by now also.)
- character select screen glitches (fixed)
- superdroid getting stuck on aiguillon (I believe it is fixed. Haven't seen it happen in over a year)
- keys not registering in the ingame chat (fixed. Not sure if the devs did anything to fix it, or even recognized this as a bug...)
- not losing invisibility (fixed)
- objects falling through platforms (fixed)
- worm trap abuse (I think this is fixed. Droids now reach the worm at about the same time.)
- can't quit lobby screen (not an issue but a design choice)
- input delay / framerate lag (Still present, though not as bad as it was back in 2.10. Probably I can only fix it by switching to a better computer)
- game freezes when closing (I believe it is fixed. There is a chance it might still occur extremely rarely, but it's just too insignificant to worry about)

I don't know if these are fixed:
- black match glitch
- replay menu temporary freeze
- replay mode: healthbar glitch upon death
- Ted machinegun graphical glitch
- Timerift death graphical glitch
- Scoop auto-attack exploit (this wasn't covered yet in the old list. Scoop's AA deals two alternating amounts of damage and by teleporting in between hits, you could deal the same amount multiple times in a row.)
- custom match: health multiplier and pills inconcistency (this wasn't covered yet in the old list. See here for info.)
- clunk double fat pete glitch (Note that Clunk's auto-attack has been changed which might have had an impact on whether this bug can occur)
- silent music
- ted's airstrike projectile can push you

Post Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:06 pm 

E.S.C Rocco's stun arrow uses to have some sort of a transition when tge regular arrow changes to stun. It's kind of difficult to tell when the arrow changes now.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:43 pm 

Xelrog wrote:
Are you sure that's not an issue with your keyboard? I've encountered sub-optimal register rates for certain keys before, and it's usually resolved by updating the drivers.

This makes me think it's something wrong with the game because I also have an issue with my P key when typing in the chat. I thought it was my keyboard too. It could have something to do with P being the key that opens a player's steam profile from the tab menu. If you do it once, then return to the game and try doing it again you have to press P twice instead. Possibly related.

I like what you're doing here. Just a note, #9 has the wrong link.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:00 pm 

Sorry I lost my motivation on the new list already. But I think I will get to it at a later time.

I deleted quite a few videos - most of which were ancient glitches, but also still present things like "inconsistent jump height" - from my Youtube so some links might be broken indeed.

Will post again here when I finish the new list.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:23 pm 

All issues on your latest google document are also forwarded to our own bugtracker now :) Thanks for the list, mugg!

Post Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:40 pm 

Ok let's try to make another one of these, only less ambitious this time (no images, or fancy formatting etc.)
These issues are in patch 4.3.
Red means they are serious, orange means they are somewhat serious, yellow means they are negligible. I classified them as such according to my personal liking. I might or might not update this list later on.

---
List moved to first post
---

Last edited by mugg1991 on Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:16 am, edited 4 times in total.