Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: LOW FPS
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:52 am 

No matter what I do my FPS is stuck at 8 fps for some reason. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. Verified properties. Changed to windowed/bordered/fullscreen/Turned off graphics put on low, etc. It was working fine 2 days ago. Oh and its not a graphics card issue as I play titanfall 2 on medium graphics.

Subs: :shrug: :drool: :GnawCry: :rocco: :ksenia: :sleep:

Post subject: Re: LOW FPS
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:33 am 
Ronimo Team Member

Hey there!

Have you tried rebooting your computer? I know it sounds silly but I've heard it fix this issue for some users.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:08 am 

Kewn wrote:
Hey there!

Have you tried rebooting your computer? I know it sounds silly but I've heard it fix this issue for some users.

Have the EXACT same issue, restarting does fix it. It's worth noting that forcibly closing steam (which makes you re-log into steam) ALSO works for me, which makes me think this is some sort of bug with steam integration; however, this only happens with 'Nauts for me, and only recently. I'd definitely look into the integration between these two, especially since matchmaking got a major overhaul recently and became more dependent from Steam in this regard, thanks!

All hail Nekomian. :worship:

Devmon52 wrote:
Voltar: is a moving breadstick of death

Post Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:46 am 
Ronimo Team Member

If it's a problem specifically to Awesomenauts I've been told the issue should resolve itself when closing down the client instead of when closing down steam. If you could verify for me that rebooting the game is enough to fix the issue, that'd be great.

I'll double check if this steam thing is also enough. Thank you for the extra info.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:30 am 

Kewn wrote:
If it's a problem specifically to Awesomenauts I've been told the issue should resolve itself when closing down the client instead of when closing down steam. If you could verify for me that rebooting the game is enough to fix the issue, that'd be great.

I'll double check if this steam thing is also enough. Thank you for the extra info.

Re-booting the game doesn't fix the issue for me, only restarting or force closing steam does; I tried restarting nauts 5 times the first time the bug occured, and each time it took a considerable amount of time (i.e. 1.5 - 2 mins) to load resources (usually takes 10s - 20s) and then the Ronimo games logo animation would play at 2 FPS and the audio would pause as the frames lagged behind. Continuing on, the game would progress at 2 FPS as the cursor and animations would lag significantly. I think I posted a video regarding it on Discord, but can also post a link here, email support logs, or do whatever troubleshooting you think is best :ayla: !

All hail Nekomian. :worship:

Devmon52 wrote:
Voltar: is a moving breadstick of death