Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Repeating connection drop with server after 4.0
 Post Posted: Wed May 17, 2017 2:23 am 

Hi, after 4.0 this game in now almost impossible to play for me. I'm on a 4MB connection, which has always been fairly adequate for this game. After recent updates, while counting down for a quick match, the connection with server is dropping just a few seconds after connecting. I have to keep reconnecting and then it establishes with server again, the counting down continues and then it drops again. It keeps this way until counting down approaches 0, at which point a can enter the game or lose this match and wait around 5min again!! If I want so because to get in game I have to keep trying reconnecting again and again because the connection drops all the time.

If I managed to enter a game it almost plays fine but these last days the game is lagging a lot compared to before 4.0. After 4.0 this game has became almost unplayable for me.

I play on Windows and Linux, but mostly on Linux. Issues has happened in both systems, but seems more relevant on Linux I believe.

Post subject: Re: Repeating connection drop with server after 4.0
 Post Posted: Wed May 17, 2017 4:26 am 

Hey pepper, could you follow the steps in this topic and see if that fixes your problem?

Official Fanart Gallery | Steam | Discord: Duskitty#5930 | I'm a tech support volunteer!

Currently playing: LUX5000, Ayla, Coco, Dizzy
Sometimes play: Raelynn, Scoop, Ksenia
Still learning: Penny, Rocco

Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 12:00 am 

Hi Duskitty, before posting my complain I had already verified that. I have UPnP and all is set up. This make me believe there's some breaking change, specially on Linux, because before 4.0 match making wasn't good, but at last I was able to play. Post 4.0 I'm almost giving up, matchmaking simply states it disconnected with server all the time, at random. As said, after entering a game I'm able to play, the problem is the matchmaking drops, which were never usual to happen before.

Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 8:38 am 
Ronimo Team Member

hey pepper, could you send us your logs alongside a link to this forum topic in your e-mail to support@ronimo-games.com? We'd like to take a look.

Post Posted: Thu May 25, 2017 11:23 pm 

The game has stopped doing that at last, and matchmaking is now much faster than 5min like before.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:31 am 

No, I was wrong! The game didn't stop reconnect, and really folks, I doubt you can figure this out from game logs.

After 4.0 this game is making my router disconnect from ISP! I noticed this because these reconnects happen both on Linux and Windows! I play on both operating systems and it's the same issue. I dunno what this game is able to do to my router in particular but it's really a hassle.

At last I now know why my mail client, IRC and everything gets disconnected out of a sudden, it's because of this game.

My router is TL-WR1043ND, I have UPnP setup and never had these issues before 4.0.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:56 am 

To put it clear: Awesomenauts matchmaking is the only process that's able to disconnect my router from Internet (except for me doing it myself, of course).

Post Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:55 am 

Hey pepper_chico,

With an influx of new users with F2P, the connections and pings your own network hardware may have to do might be too much to handle for it; the game itself simply cannot "disconnect" everything, but these multiple connections may draw a significant amount of bandwidth to ping to people in every which location across the globe, which may leave your other networking services starved and unable to keep connections alive. Most modern routers / modems shouldn't have this issue whatsoever. Your router seems to be 4 years old (pretty old for a router, especially if it's on wireless) and I'm unsure as to how old your modem is. Could you also confirm sufficient network speeds via speedtest.net for me and post the results here as well, just to determine whether this is an ISP specific or bandwidth limitation issue?

All hail Nekomian. :worship:

Devmon52 wrote:
Voltar: is a moving breadstick of death

Post Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:16 pm 

Hi Nekomian. As I mentioned before my bandwidth is 4MB download 600K upload. I can watch HD movies in it without issues. Sure I agree the game is overloading the router, couldn't it be less aggressive? I've tried to set bandwidth limitations for my machine so that this doesn't happen anymore, and I still have to confirm whether this will cause any effect. One thing I noticed is that the router not always disconnects from Internet when the game connection drops. There's two kinds of disconnect the game causes, when it causes the router to disconnect and when it disconnects itself for whatever reason without bringing down the network. If it didn't get solved I guess I'll simply stop playing this game as I'm not planning buying another router because of it at the moment. Also, just to confirm, it's not simply starving the network, it's really causing it to disconnect from ISP. I say this because I've checked through router's uptime. At some given point the router reconnects to ISP, the networks is brought down, and the origin is the Awesomenauts matchmaking.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:45 am 

Im having the same issue. Me and three friends have been playing a lot and after three or so days of playing we started disconnecting in the matchmaking. Its been about two hours of us barely getting into matches and we just decided to move to another game. One or more of us disconnects while searching for matches and it kicks the entire party out. My friends were enjoying the game a lot and were going to buy the all nauts pack but now they are hesitant to continue becoming invested in the game. this worries me and sucks because ive been playing since the start basically and I want more people to enjoy the game and play with me