Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: [BUG] Locked out of MM cuz Ronimo never tests stuff
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:08 pm 

Okay so one of the biggest things that has kept me playing this game over the past 5 years, despite my repeated disapproval of your choices and actions, is the fact that you guys are a MOBA with splitscreen. Almost half of my 2k hours has been played splitscreen.
BUT there has always been this bug where sometimes when player 2 turns on their controller they become player 1. Thankfully Steam let's me change who is player 1 on the fly now that I use a PS4 controller. (didn't have this option until Steam got DS4 support, so it was really annoying when we were using 360 controllers)

Now we have this new problem: Steam's controller shut off time is set to 5 minutes. Matchmaking and getting to character select screen sometimes takes longer than 5 minutes, so the controller shuts off while we are waiting. SO my friend turns his back on, and now he's player 1 and I have no control at all. We can't start the match cuz that means he's player 1 and no one can control player 2 so we are forced to exit the match. This caused a lockout in matchmaking and we had to wait 5 minutes ON TOP OF the ~5 minute wait time for matchmaking. THIS HAPPENED TWICE IN A ROW LAST NIGHT.

It was one thing when it did this before you implemented lockouts for leaving at character select, cuz then we could rejoin after a quick restart and be good, but now we can't do that and have to spend over 20 * minutes staring at the main menu (not to mention the hits to my ranking) because you guys never test your *. (this is the 2nd bug I'm reporting this morning that would have been found if you guys tested your *, there's a 3rd to come)

Players shouldn't be unable to play your game because you guys never fixed a bug that's over a year old. (this used to happen before the UI change, and just continues)

Post subject: Re: [BUG] Locked out of MM cuz Ronimo never tests stuff
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:55 pm 

The turning off after some time seems like a Steam controller feature.
You could try changing the configuration so that the controller shuts down after more time. Should be around BPM > Settings > Add/Test Controllers > Controller Shutdown Time.

I'll inform Ronimo about this in any case. Thanks for reporting.

Post subject: Re: [BUG] Locked out of MM cuz Ronimo never tests stuff
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:10 pm 

KidaFeru wrote:
The turning off after some time seems like a Steam controller feature.
You could try changing the configuration so that the controller shuts down after more time. Should be around BPM > Settings > Add/Test Controllers > Controller Shutdown Time.

I'll inform Ronimo about this in any case. Thanks for reporting.

No, I know that. I have it set to 5 minutes to conserve battery. that works exactly as it should. It's the fact that the game changes who has control of what that is the problem.