Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Problem with Jimmy's Charge
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:38 pm 

Hey

So I don't know if this is a bug or just a problem for me, so I'm going to put this thread here in general. Basically, whenever I play Jimmy, I have this issue where my charge will prematurely end even when I don't let go of the charge button. This is just holding the button down, charging in a straight line. There's always like this 75% chance it will just stop.

For the record, this has been happening far before the current patch, like day one of Jimmy I've had this issue. Again, just wanted to know if anyone else has had this problem, and if anyone has a fix.

Murderchild did nothing wrong. :ayla:

Post subject: Re: Problem with Jimmy's Charge
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:09 pm 

i havent seen this happen before, i would recommend trying to reproduce this on another controller/mouse. sounds like the button you use to proc charge might be going bad.

Awesomenauts Rumble Tournament: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/AwesomenautsRumble

Post Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:34 pm 

Tried other buttons/mouse. Still showing up.

Murderchild did nothing wrong. :ayla:

Post Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:42 am 

Happens to me sometimes too

Winning games is nearly impossible for me

Post Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:12 am 
Adminaut

Moving the thread to Tech Support because it is more appropriate and more likely to be seen in this subforum.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:53 am 

I can attest to the existence of this issue and I think I know the cause of this issue. This issue happened most back when I was playing on a Windows XP with an ancient graphics card and 2 gigs of ram, though I have also experienced it on my new computer when playing at a resolution too intense for my graphics card. Because of this, I think that the culprit prematurely canceling dash is processing lag. Every time it would cancel for me, it would have a frame skip as well. Because this issue is more frequent in situations where my computer is having issues processing the game, I think that the time the game spends lagging behind actually drops the held input and ends the dash.

Oddly enough, this never happened for me for literally any other attack such as Lonestar's dynamite, Ted's airstrike visual or Skree's totem, which makes me think that either the functions for holding down Jimmy's dash are different for some reason, or that Jimmy's dash is more resource intensive and therefore, more likely to slow the game down.

I'll forward this to Ronimo. Thanks for reporting! :thumb:

I'm not sure what I think about this. :think:

Winner of the Awesomenauts Guide Contest

Post Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:58 am 

Diz Hydron wrote:
I can attest to the existence of this issue and I think I know the cause of this issue. This issue happened most back when I was playing on a Windows XP with an ancient graphics card and 2 gigs of ram, though I have also experienced it on my new computer when playing at a resolution too intense for my graphics card. Because of this, I think that the culprit prematurely canceling dash is processing lag. Every time it would cancel for me, it would have a frame skip as well. Because this issue is more frequent in situations where my computer is having issues processing the game, I think that the time the game spends lagging behind actually drops the held input and ends the dash.

Oddly enough, this never happened for me for literally any other attack such as Lonestar's dynamite, Ted's airstrike visual or Skree's totem, which makes me think that either the functions for holding down Jimmy's dash are different for some reason, or that Jimmy's dash is more resource intensive and therefore, more likely to slow the game down.

I'll forward this to Ronimo. Thanks for reporting! :thumb:

I can attest to this as I get the exact same issue. My laptop specs are alright, but if Windows decides to run updates or something while I'm playing, occasionally I'll suddenly have charge cut short along with a frameskip and brief frame drop.

Official Fanart Gallery | Steam | Discord: Duskitty#5930 | I'm a tech support volunteer!

Currently playing: LUX5000, Ayla, Coco, Dizzy
Sometimes play: Raelynn, Scoop, Ksenia
Still learning: Penny, Rocco

Post Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:02 am 

I can attest to this happening to me as well, but I don't believe it was because of updates. It's very disorienting to suddenly stop mid charge and and you stand there for like two seconds before you realize "Oh snap I stopped!"

I always assumed it to be because of my mouse.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:35 am 

Crazy!

This actually happens to me sometimes as well and this caused me to drop Jimmy because I could never figure out how the charge works.