Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Screen is randomly turning black
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:22 am 

hey guys my screen is randomly turning black. im on a match, lets say with penny cheerleader on starstorm map. then i am helping my team. then out of nowhere my screen became full black for 5 seconds. that happen several times in a match. if i am in action i have to run behind a turret until the game goes back to normal.

my specs are( i will post also the temperature)

windows 7 home premium 64 bits
intel i3 330m 2,2ghz dual core(it was 80 celsius)
RAM 4gb ddr3 553mhz
mobo-lenovo(it was 80 celsius)
intel hd graphics
hd 5400 rpm- hitachi

games settings are
1280x780 bordeless windows(also happens fullscreen)
open gl
everything on low.

laptop lenovo g460

i wonder whats happening. that problem happens randomly. i played today 5 matches until that happened(on startstorm map). i lost because i lost so many kills with this problem.

Post subject: Re: Screen is randomly turning black
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:10 pm 

Is that problem occuring in other games too? I'm asking because I had same trouble on my laptop several months ago. The screen turned totally black for some seconds but sounds remained unchanged, so that wasn't a freeze or temperature collapse.
Then I discovered something: these events happened in very intense moments, when I pushed "W" and "S" a bit harder than usual. After some tests it was clear that something reacts on hard buttons pushing. So I took off the frontal side of my laptop and found the reason of such behaving. It appeared my LCD screen cable (goes somewhere from the motherboard, under the keyboard letters S-W, and to the screen) was slightly damaged. It worked - but even a little stress caused a loss of signal.

I think something of that kind could happened with your device, as I never heard of such strange graphical bugs in awesomenauts from anyone else.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:30 pm 

Sevenecho wrote:
Is that problem occuring in other games too? I'm asking because I had same trouble on my laptop several months ago. The screen turned totally black for some seconds but sounds remained unchanged, so that wasn't a freeze or temperature collapse.
Then I discovered something: these events happened in very intense moments, when I pushed "W" and "S" a bit harder than usual. After some tests it was clear that something reacts on hard buttons pushing. So I took off the frontal side of my laptop and found the reason of such behaving. It appeared my LCD screen cable (goes somewhere from the motherboard, under the keyboard letters S-W, and to the screen) was slightly damaged. It worked - but even a little stress caused a loss of signal.

I think something of that kind could happened with your device, as I never heard of such strange graphical bugs in awesomenauts from anyone else.

only with awesomenauts and mostly on the starstorm map. i play with gamepad.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:56 pm 

sorry for posting again, but some dev can investigate this? why is happening only in starstorm and sorona map? its has something to do with intel apus? its because im using open gl? or cause im playing the game with 4gb ram?